Chapter 2

Let's Date?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Melody For Her[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]“It’s the fact of being in love and falling for someone to have strong feelings for them.”[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Your POV

 

It has been a week later after me and SNSD unnies practiced for the album. Dancing and dancing until our legs were dead but surprisingly, we finally got the choreography down.

 

But this week, everyone is doing their own things. Taeyeonnie, Fany unnie, and Seohyunnie are busy MCing at Music Bank. Sooyoung unnie and Yoona unnie are probably destroying some food supply in a nearby diner. Yuri unnie, Sunny unnie, and Hyoyeonnie are filming a variety show. Sica unnie is busy building up her own fashion business called Blanc & Eclare, which was approved by Uncle Lee as long as she is still active in SNSD activities.

 

Meanwhile for me, I’m stuck here in the recording studio in SM Entertainment. I have been here since three in the afternoon. I glanced at the clock to see it was 7:45 PM.

 

I dropped my head onto the desk and groaned.

 

Today’s task is to create song lyrics based on the melody that Uncle Lee sent to me. Apparently, we needed one more song to be in the album and Uncle Lee believed that I could make that song before the deadline which is tomorrow.

 

Based on my past experiences, I could understand Uncle Lee’s confidence in me from my other works but the theme and the melody for this song are rather difficult for me, at least.

 

It is about love. Or that is what Uncle Lee told me. It should have a relation to love.

 

In addition, the melody for this song isn’t like the previous ones. It isn’t girly or y like for the albums, Oh! and Run Devil Run, but it does have that catchiness that SNSD is known for.

 

It is hard for me to write lyrics based off of this knowledge alone.

 

I fished out for my phone to look over the text that Uncle Lee sent me.

 

From: Uncle Lee

 

______-ah, I’m sorry to bother you but the staff in charge of the album are in need of help. They need one more song to be included in the upcoming album and could you possibly be able to make it by the next day so we can record soon? I’ll owe you a favor!^^

 

It should also be related to love whether it is falling in love, falling out of love, or being in love. It must connect with the emotion in some way. Although, I do suggest that it should be positive so the first or third would be best. Good luck! :)

 

“Falling in love or being in love, huh?” I said to no-one, “How am I going to figure this out? I never had a full on experience on either choices…” I rubbed the back of my neck.

 

Oddly enough, this moment seemed similar to when Uncle Lee called me earlier to come to work on the new song.

________________________________

***Flash Back***

It was a lovely morning until I heard my annoying ringtone.

“You spin me right ‘round, baby! You spin me right ‘round, baby!”

I reached for my loud phone and grabbed it off of my night table. I moved my face from my pillow and looked at the time.

2:45 PM

“Who is texting me right now?” I mumbled to myself —since it was my day off—and checked new message to see it was from Uncle Lee. My eyes opened up instantly and my body—as if on automatic—stood erect so I was sitting on my knees upon my bed.

I squinted at the brightness of my screen as I read the wall full of words.

“Write a new song by next day? Goodness…” I sighed and ruffled my already messy bed hair. I got out of the bed and dialed Uncle Lee’s private number.

He picked up a second later.

“Hello? ______-ah? Are you awake now?” He sounded chirpy today.

“Good afternoon to you too, Uncle Lee.” I let out a long yawn, lifting a hand to cover the sound of it.

“_______-ah, did you want to write the song or should I have the staff do it instead?”

“No worries, Uncle Lee. I can do it and...plus, I get a favor from you…” I giggled, walking over to my closet to pick out my outfit.

“Great! I owe you one, _______. But do you know what you have to do?”

I opened my closet and surveyed my clothes, “Make the song lyrics for a love ballad?”

“Well, not a love ballad exactly…”

My brows furrowed as I took out my favorite shirt that was a white cotton long sleeve, “Not exactly? What do you mean, Uncle Lee?”

“Because I Got A Boy is a different kind of genre that we are trying with SNSD, this melody that I’ve sent you is also different as well.”

I threw the long sleeve onto the bed and searched for my usual gray skinny jeans, “How different could it be? Is it really different when we promoted Run Devil Run?”

“It’s not suppose to be y.”

I found my jeans under the pile of folded pants and tossed it to my bed as well.

“So...what kind of style is it, then? It doesn’t sound like SNSD’s style since IGBA is completely different from our other albums…” I asked him while closing my closet and heading towards my shared bathroom with Taeyeonnie.

“It is like EXO’s style.”

“So, this song is in a boy’s perspective?” I asked, grabbing my washcloth and toothbrush when I entered the restroom.

“Yes...but it should be about falling in love, being in love, or moving onto a new love. That way, it still connects to the title song for the album, I Got A Boy.”

Throwing the washcloth over my shoulder. I put toothpaste on my toothbrush.

“But Uncle Lee, I don’t have any actual experiences in any of those areas or love in general…” I informed him while turning on the facet to splash water on my brush before starting to brush my teeth.

“You know love is just the attraction to someone. It could be defined in many ways. Family love, Friend love, and much more. You have felt love is some way, correct?”

“Mmmhm.” I grunted while furiously cleaning my teeth.

“Then, have you felt having a crush on someone?”

A picture of Sica unnie popped up in my mind, making me choke in the middle of my morning routine.

I could hear Uncle Lee chuckle, “I’m guessing that you have, then. Do you have any memory of it?”

Well, Sica unnie is a recent crush I’d have, so yes.

“Mmmhmmm…” I mumbled in the midst of my brushing and he managed to caught it.

“You can use that as a reference to guide you. I would recommend that you listen to the melody soon. It isn’t SNSD’s old style. It’s the SNSD’s new style.”

I poured water into a cup before gurgling water in my mouth and spitting it up.

“Okay, Uncle Lee. I’ll try my best.” I the faucet to wet my washcloth.

“You’ll do fine. I know you will. Take care.”

“You too.” I said my farewell and he hung up the call. I squeezed the excess water before wiping my face.

After washing my face, I put the washcloth back onto its hanger and went back to my room to where my clothes were already laid out upon my bed.

I quickly went over to my bed and wore my casual outfit.

Once I slipped my clothing on, I looked over at myself at a nearby wall mirror. I smiled while combing my hair back.

“Hot.” I complimented myself to boost my little ego and went out the door, grabbing my keys off the table along with my cap to slap it on my head.

I headed towards the front entrance with no noise disrupting me because unnies were out doing their individual activities. I slipped on my tom's before leaving the front door.

To SM Entertainment!  

But I’d never knew how long I would be there for up until now.

***Flashback Ended***

________________________________

“Use past experiences, huh?” I grumbled, spinning the pencil in hand.

As I scrambled for memories in my mind to find something that could help me, Sica unnie pops up with her warm smile that she shown me last week. My face burned out of my shyness.

Focus, _______! This song is due tomorrow! I shake my head to regain my senses and stop thinking of Sica unnie.

But that totally failed.

Now, I remembering the Aegyo that she used on me.

“Can _______-ah get the food this time~~~? Please~? For Sica unnie~?”

“Ugggh!” I returned my head into its position of kissing the table.

Ew.

I could taste the cold wood so I lifted my head away from the desk to stare at the blank paper in front of me.

“-------” By Kim ________.

“A love song with this melody...using my experiences…” I put together my scattered thoughts. Then, Uncle Lee’s voice came out of nowhere in my head, of course.

“It’s EXO’s style.”

“Exo…?” I pondered on it.

Ex.

O.

X.

O.

How is that—!

OH! I realized the truth behind what he said.

It was like a pun.

X. O. X. O.

Kiss. Hug. Kiss. Hug.

I quickly jotted it down.

An X is a kiss for a soft kiss

An O is for a circled hug

I looked at it. It seems good so far.

But I don’t have anything else after this.

“Then, have you felt having a crush on someone? You can use that as a reference to guide you.” Uncle Lee’s voice reminded me once again.

Use my crush as a reference?

My mind went to Sica unnie.

I could feel a smile grow on my face as I remember her smile and cute Aegyo.

Gosh, if I could only tell her about my feelings though. Maybe I should write a letter everyday to tell her how I think of her.

Wait.

I already do that but that’s through text and I don’t spill all of my feelings in fear of her suspicions.

I puffed my cheeks.

But she wouldn’t notice it though nor do I have the guts to even tell her or give her a love letter.

Yet, because of my slow approach, all I wrote in my previous letters are casual stuff like:

How is your day?

Did anything special happen?

I slammed my head onto the desk for the second time.

I don’t even have the courage to tell her my feelings because of how my mind goes blank after one look at her. Even though I got so much to tell her from my beating heart for her.

Curses.

Even though I just want to tell her that she could be with me. That I think about her in my dreams and how I wish we could hold each other.

But between me and her, I would be the little spoon because I’m fun-sized. Not short! Fun-sized!

Anyway, to be like a regular couple, we would kiss, hug, and spend time together. I sighed at the thought. It would be a dream if she ever said yes.

However, I would be too nervous to utter a single word. My mind cannot come up with anything when I see that beautiful smile of hers; I would feel weak and maybe faint at the sight.

I see it nearly every week and it feels like she’s playing with my fun-sized heart. I can’t even tell if she likes me in that way in return. Her sign is unreadable but it isn’t fun to wait until it’s too late.

When I don’t have to courage to tell through my words or letter. How else could I tell her?

Then, my eyes wandered to the two lines of lyrics.

The feeling of realization got me.

I can tell her through this song! My hand began to move on its own as my mind brought up an image of Sica unnie standing before me with that lovely smile under what seems to be the moonlight. Her half-closed eyes were—as if—staring at me.

To tell her that this could be the beginning of our future relationship. What a joy, I could feel a dopey smile growing on my face. My hand began to dance across the page as my mind was working on its own.

Scrible.

Scrible.

Scrible.

Scrible.

Scrible.

Scrible.

Scrible.

I stopped writing with my pencil and put it down as the inspiration went away. I scanned over my words. There isn’t anything wrong with it but the problem is that I don’t know if this is the “love” that Uncle Lee wanted.

After all, I like Sica unnie and I admit that I have an attraction towards her but love is a different story, isn’t it? Plus, this feeling is still new so I don’t know if it’s actually love or a simple crush.

Maybe I should ask someone who has experiences like—

“You spin me right ‘round, baby! You spin me right ‘round, baby!”

My ringtone suddenly went off, making me glance at my phone to see Taeyeonnie calling me.

What a coincidence. I was just about to call her.

But seriously, I should really get that ringtone changed. I had it ever since we deut. Really old, I know.

Back to reality, I reached over and picked up my phone. I answered the call and it connected.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter