Chapter 2

You're My Destiny

Chapter 2

It was a busy day for taeyeon as she tries to settle everything that she needs for the meeting she’ll have in a couple of days in California.

*knock Knock*

“Come in” taeyeon said without lifting her head to see the person

“hey taeng, I brought you some lunch so you can fll your stomach with something” yuri, one of her friends in college, also here secretary said as she put the foods on top of the coffee table.

“Thanks yul!” taeyeon said still focusing on the files that she’s reading and signing somethings.

“Hey, you’ve been working so hard, I think you need to have a break” yuri sat on the sofa in taeyeon’s office

“well,I need to take care of this company right?” taeyeon replied still looking over the documents on her table

“the company’s doing fine taeng, you need to loosen up a bit” yuri said as she felt pity for taeyeon for working too hard so much ever since the company started.

“I mean, when was the last time you went to drink with us or even spend some time to relax” yuri stood up and placed her hands on taeyeon’s  table that made the latter look up.

taeyeon looked at her friend to see those concerned eyes on her. She dropped the documents in her hands and sighed.

“but, there’s still a lot of thi..” she got cut off by yuri before she could finish her sentence

“you know we can handle it, you don’t have to do everything by yourself” Yuri smiled at her.

“I don’t know yul, if I take a break, I don’t know what I’ll do. This is why I’ve been working for, to achieve this dream, you know that this is the only reason why I live.” Taeyeon sighed, afraid to take a break from work cause she might remember the things that happened to her family.

“you know what, you need to date” yuri said in a as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

“yeah right, I’m not even interested in those things” taeyeon rolled her eyes playfully at ther friend

“not interested? Then who’s that girl from your story that gave you a reason to live again”

“an angel maybe? “ taeyeon shrugged and remembered how that girl pulled her away from the edge of the building and just disappeared after their not so long conversation.

She tried to find the girl but no one even knew her, she started to wonder a few years back that maybe she’s just an angel that her family sent to stop her from killing herself. Now she lost hope on finding that girl.

“Come on, just this once taeng, relax for a week or two. We can handle everything here” Yuri insisted and hearing no response from her friend, she sighed and walked to the door before turning around again.

“well, too bad you don’t have a choice taeng” Taeyeon looked up with a confused expression on her face.

“I’ve already fixed your schedule and you’ll have to stay in America for a couple of weeks to relax there after the meeting” yuri meronged at her and before her boss can reply she already went out and closed the door.

“aish that black pole” taeyeon said as she put both of her hands to her head.

………………………………………………

The meeting came and taeyeon had a successful deal with the company, telling her that they’ll send someone to her company to help her settle the things they need in korea.

She called yuri to tell her the good news.

“Good job taeng!, Anyways, everything good here, you don’t have to worry about anything. Just enjoy your free time there”

“I’ll really decrease your salary kwon yuri for what you did to me” taeyeon said playfully at her friend

“aww, I love you too my friend, sorry but I have to hang up now, my girlfriend is here now, see you in two weeks!”

“yeah yeah, fine, just don’t do anything to my office alright” taeyeon roled her eyes even though they’re just speaking through the phone

“aye aye boss! Bye!” yuri already ended their phone call

Aish this girl keeps on cutting me off” taeyeon said while putting her phone in her pocket.

*So what will I do now?*  Taeyeon thought while standing by the window on her hotel room looking at the view that captivated her.

“well, I’m in LA right now so maybe I’ll just tour around later” taeyeon closed the curtains and slumped on her bed feeling the jetlag creeping in on her.

*I’ll just rest first and later try to enjoy my time here” she told herself before her eyes closed and fell in a deep slumber.

She woke up few hours later to see that it’s already night time.

Feeling hungry as she woke up, she decided if she should just order room service or eat at a restaurant.

Feeling bored inside her room, she just decided to get out of the hotel and look for a restaurant outside.

Putting a stripped polo over her black sleeveless top, she got her bag and hotel key then went out.

After walking for a bit, she found a place that serves Korean food so she went in and ordered something.

“good thing there’s a Korean restaurant here” taeyeon said to herself while waiting for her food. She looked around and saw a family eating together.

She made a sad smile as she felt all the things she tried to forget come back to her at once.

A tear made it’s way to her face and she quickly wiped it off not wanting to cry in a public place.

Her food came and she finished it quickly, paid for it then went out to have some fresh air.

Taeyeon just walked around eaten by her thoughts that she didn’t notice she walked on a red light. A loud horn brought her back to reality only to see a bright light and a screeching sound was heard.

Taeyeon wasn’t able to move her feet as the truck came closer to her.

But when the truck was about to hit her, something pulled her out of the way and taeyeon closed her eyes as she rolled around to safety.

“Are you trying to kill yourself?!?” A loud voice reached her ears and when she opened her eyes, she realized that she wasn’t hit by the truck.

“Hey, are you okay?” the stranger asked seeing that taeyeon ddn’t respond to her.

Hearing this worried voice, taeyeon looked up to see a girl with redish brown hair looking at her with worried eyes.

After a few seconds, taeyeon’s eyes went wide and she sat up quickly as she recognized the girl who now have a different hair color

“YOU?!?” both girls said as they recognized each other, with surprised look on their faces.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Guys! Here’s the second chapter

Hope you’ll like it!

And thank you for those subscribers and views!

I’ll try to update often!
Annyeong!