*Chapter 24

Something Behind That Cold Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yeonrin stirs on her sleep as she groans because the pain in her head hit her. She opens her eyes and looks around. She knows that she is not on her room. Just then she looks on her side and sees L.Joe peacefully sleeping. His face buried with his arms as he is sitting on a chair.

 

Just then she realizes that she is at Teen Top’s place. She sits up as she put a hand on her head. She tries to recall what happen when suddenly L.Joe moves and looks at her with his eyes half-closed which she finds adorable only to mentally facepalmed herself when she realizes it.

 

“Yeonrin?” L.Joe mumbled as he rubs his eyes.

 

Yeonrin couldn’t help but chuckle at him. “Morning sleepyhead.”

 

L.Joe suddenly looks at her and blinks because it is the first time he hears Yeonrin chuckle.

 

“What? First time hearing someone chuckle?” Yeonrin rolls her eyes and move a little only to be hit by the pain in her head again. “Oww my head.”

 

“You okay?” L.Joe asked as he sat beside her.

 

“Obviously no because the pain on my head is hitting me hard like a truck.”

 

Just then she blinks as she remembers what happened, she almost got bumped by a truck because she keeps on taking a step backward because that jerk Woohyun – according to her - is taking a step towards her.

 

“I think you finally remember what happened.” L.Joe said. “Hanging out in Lotte World is not enough for you so you are in the middle of the street trying to play with a truck? Yeah. That’s nice.”

 

Yeonrin slaps him on the arm as she rolls her eyes. “I just saw someone okay? Someone so dear to me back then.” She said as she whispers the last part before looking down.

 

L.Joe didn’t miss the sad look on her face. “Care to tell me who that is? I do saw a figure running away when we were out of the street.”

 

Yeonrin scoffs. “It’s the second time he’s running away from me. That’s good.” She said as she blinks away the tears that are threatening to fall.

 

L.Joe blinks because this is the first time Yeonrin is breaking down in front of him and on top of that she is opening up. Not knowing what to do, he just wraps an arm around her and pulls her closer making her lean on his shoulder.

 

“He’s the first person who actually cared for me after omma died.” Yeonrin started. “When everything is falling apart he’s the one who tells me that everything would be okay. He’ll smile like there’s nothing wrong and with just one smile from him I feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter