Enchanted

Stolen Love

3. Enchanted


 

Sometimes I couldn’t believe that I ended things with Fany. We were together for 5 years, I thought we would last forever.

She was not only my girlfriend. She was my bestfriend, she knew me better than everyone else, sometimes even better than myself.

 

Things had been awkward between Fany and I.

She refused to agree with my decision for us to split up.  She told me that to end a relationship required consent from both party and she refused to break up with me.

She agreed to give us both separate time.  

Perhaps she thought it was wise of her to pretend that I didn’t exist in the first place.

She avoided me like a plague when we were in the same room, yet she kept sending me message, reminding me to eat, sleep, or not to overworked myself.

 

She developed this new habit, she waited for me to go home from my schedule, even it was 3 in the morning. It was okay but she liked to wait in our living room without turning on any single lamp.  Once I entered through the door and the light, she’d stare at me for a minute and then just walked away to her bedroom.  I wouldn’t lie, she scared the living out of me.

I guess I didn’t had a girlfriend, but I had a Tiffany Hwang in my life.

 

So I moved out two weeks after our split up.  I knew both of us needed time alone before Fany’s or my mind break, just like our relationship.

 

 

 

I wanted to get my own place, turned out it wasn’t that easy searching for a nice and more importantly safe, apartment. Yuri offered her place, but I didn’t want to ignite new drama between Tiffany and Yuri.  Second best would be living with Juhyun or Sooyoung but they lived with their parents so I’d be a little uncomfortable if I joined them.

 

So here I was, living with our group’s Queen of Party; Kim Hyoyeon.

Living with Hyoyeon was.. well, interesting.  She had people came over to her place almost everyday.  I didn’t mind though, it made me forget about my problem, besides I also knew some of her friends, like Amber, Min, Nicole and other so it was quite alright.

 

 

 

Tonight Hyo would go to one of her friend’s party, she invited me but I was not in the mood so I chose to stay in and perhaps watched some movies.

Since an hour ago I watched Hyo busying herself with her outfit.  She always put more attention to things like this. Luckily she stopped asking for my opinion years ago, as she judged my choice of clothes a little bit too ‘manly’ for her liking.

As I sat down enjoying my popcorn with Hyoyeon walking back and forth in the background, her phone rang.

 

“What’s up Kwon?”

“….”

“Uhuh.. uhuh.. Do you want me to come over?”

“…..”

“Well, I don’t have that with me. I’ll swing by drug store to get you one later. Okay, take care!”

 

She ended up her phone call, I got curious as she mentioned Yuri’s family name.

“Was that Yuri?” I asked her

“Yeah, she’s a little bit under the weather.”

“Is she okay? She’s alone there? She wants you to come over?”

I stood from the couch, approaching Hyoyeon who was struggling on putting things into her purse.

“You know her habit whenever she gets sick. She asks me to buy her cough syrup and give it to her. No worries, her place is on the way to my party, I’ll swing by later.”

“She has cold?”

“No, she has headache but you know Yuri, she’s weird like that. She thinks her headache will turn into horrible sneezing and coughing soon. She wants to prevent that to happen”

 

 

Oh, I knew how weird Kwon Yuri was.  Unlike other people who hated to take medicine when they got sick, Yuri was the exact opposite of it.

She often did the self diagnose. She’d drink all the medicine that she could find to get better as fast as possible. 

Once she almost got herself overdose because of the excessive intake of her sore throat medicine. That girl couldn’t be left alone when she was sick.

 

“I’ll come to her place and maybe stay there to take care of her.” I said to Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon stopped putting her shoes and looked at me, “Are you sure?”

“It’ s okay, Yuri is sick and I am afraid she will drink all of the contains of her medicine box.”

“Okay then, tell Yuri to get well soon! Have fun babysitting that Kwon kkab!” Hyoyeon turned around and closed her apartment door.

 

I had a patient to attend.

 

 

 

“Hi Taeyeonnie! Please come in.”

Yuri greeted me with big smile as she opened the door. She looked fine for me, a little pale but she certainly didn’t looked like she was sick.  Now I was suspicious on how many medicines she had took.

“Where’s my cough syrup?”

“I don’t bring it.”

“But I am sick.”

“Hyoyeon said you have headache, you don’t need cough syrup.” I said as I put down our dinner that I prepared for her.

“Tayeoennie.. That headache is not an illness. It’s a symptom of a real illness behind it. I am pretty sure I’ll have cold and you know I always have cough too accompanying my cold.”

 

I ignore Yuri’s rambling. She read too many medical related article on the internet.  I wouldn’t be surprised if she diagnosed herself with brain cancer if that cold didn’t happened tommorow.

I walked to her living room where she had this big cozy couch in front of her giant TV. I sat on it and gestured to Yuri to come over.

She walked timidly, she sat down beside me, leaving some space between us. She turned her head and looked at me questioningly

I patted my lap.

 

“Come, rest your head on my lap.”

Yuri blushed. Well, technically she didn’t blushed, I should say her skin got darker.

“W-why?”

“I’ll give your head a massage. I promise it’ll help”

She moved hesitantly towards me, she turned around and began to lay herself down on the couch with her head on my lap.  Her skin turned way darker.

 

“Tell me if I pressed to hard.” I said as I began massaging her temple.

Yuri closed her eyes. She had this silly smile all the way, seeing her rare calm state, I couldn’t help but smile too

“How’s living with Hyoyeon?” Yuri asked.

“It’s fine, she always cooks me breakfast. Well if she weren’t has hangover in the morning.”

Yuri chuckled, “That kid has to lay low a little bit. We’re getting older.”

I hummed as an answer while moving my hands to her hair, massaging the top of her head.

 

“How are you Taeyeonnie?”

“I am fine thank you, and you?”

Yuri opened her eyes, she wasn’t amused at my reply.

“Seriously, are you fine?”

“Well, I’ve been better.  Fany still text me everyday, but once I text her back she won’t answer.  My manager told me Fany had private talk with her to notice her immediately if there’s someone who try to hit on me or ask me out.  I guess at some point, I’ll end up being a nun.”

 

“You don’t want to go back with her?”

I paused for a while, I hadn’t given a serious thought on that matter.

“I don’t know.. I mean Fany and I have been together for a really long time.  Sure I don’t want that to go to waste just because of one problem but on the other hand I am not sure if she’s still the one that I want.”

“Taeyeon-ah.. It’s better if you lost 5 years of your life than to sacrifice the rest of your life by being together with someone that isn’t made for you in the first place.”

 

We both kept our thought to ourselves after that.  Yuri felt asleep on my lap while I was massaging her head.

 

I studied her face as she breathed evenly.  I remember the first time I saw Yuri back in our training days.  I was just a new kid with small body and pale skin.  I was so shy at that time, Yuri was the one who greeted me first.

She was tall, beautiful, also she had this friendly and comfortable aura surrounding her.

I really wanted to get close to her back then, but a day after that Tiffany came from LA.  She made me forget of my intention of befriending Yuri, instead I got closer with Fany and became inseparable since then.

 

 

 

 

Still on the couch with Yuri's head on my lap, I woke up the next morning with a start because of Hyoyeon’s calls.

My morning couldn’t be any worse as she said her apartment caught on fire.  Well not all of it, just the kitchen and some of her bathroom.

Alcohol was to blame. 

Hyoyeon and Min went home from the party in drunkard state, also a little bit hungry because of the dancing.

They decided to make themselves some ramyun, they success on making delicious ramyun yet they forgot to turn off the stove. 

It was a bless that Min got herself training of basic fire fighting 6 months ago.  She put down the fire before it spreads out.

 

The bottom line, me and Hyoyeon had to move out because her apartment needed renovation on the damages.  She decided to live back in the dorm but I couldn’t do that.

So Yuri offered her place for the second time.  I had no choice because I couldn’t be living with Heechul Oppa right?

Thus the beginning of me and Kwon Yuri being a roommate.

 


I decided to add one more chapter and maybe an epilogue after.

Comment?  Upvote?  XD