Chapter 3

Back In Your Arms: Our Story

When someone you love once drifted away what would you do?

 

"Of course I would try to get him back."

 

What if that person wants you back but is too shy to admit his feelings?

 

"Then I would do everything in my power to make him open up to me once again. Then I will never let him go." Chanyeol repeats the last sentence over and over again. He did so for the past 2 weeks. But still, he couldn't do anything about it.

 

Its been 3 weeks since he last slept next to Baekhyun. It was normal for them to sleep next to each other in the past, but when Chanyeol got mad at Baekhyun it all changed. After the anniversary they became comfortable with each other again, but lately Baekhyun felt distant.

 

"Aish, what am I doing wrong?" Chanyeol throws a pillow on the floor and whines like a kid.

 

"Yah! Hyung I'm trying to sleep here!" Jongin shouts from next door. Chanyeol covers his face with a pillow and whines more "That's better. Thanks hyung."



 

It took the members 3 months to prepare for their comeback and shoot their MV. Everyone was deadly tired by the end of these dreadful months and no one had the energy to even to back to their dorm to sleep.

 

The management saw all they’re hard work during the final take of their music video and decided to give the boys a week to themselves.

 

No one talked the day after that. They all looked like zombies who only ate and sleep, they didn’t even bathe. But who cares, they were deadly tired from practicing for 3 months. The managers saw that everyone was passed out in their rooms, some even on the sofa and the dining table, so they took the initiative to order food for the members. Kyungsoo and Lay were the most thankful for this because even they didn’t want to move.


 

“Ah! What a wonderful day!” Kris stretches his arms the next day. He was one of the many who spent the whole day sleeping. A flying pillow suddenly hits him.

 

“Gege keep your voice down.” A deep sound makes Kris jump up from his bend and bend down next to Tao

 

“Are you okay?” Kris Tao’s head

 

“Yeah” Tao croaks out “My throat is just really tired.”

 

“You should stay in bed for the rest of the day, or at least till you get better.” Tao was about to say something but Kris silents him “And no talking.” Kris grabs a white board and a marker and hands it to Tao “Here, if you want to say something, just write it down, okay panda?” Tao nods and begins to write something.

 

‘You haven’t called me panda for so long.’

 

Kris smiles, he didn’t know that Tao noticed. “Ah, I just thought that you wouldn’t like it if you called me panda.” Tao shakes his head “Well, with our current situation I thought it would make you uncomfortable.” Tao lightly punches Kris

 

“Yah, just because I have a girlfriend, doesn’t mean you can’t call me panda. You’re still my best friend Kris hyung.” Kris hugs Tao and the later pushes him away. “Why are you hugging me like that? Seriously gege, I’m not your baby panda anymore. I’m all grown up see” Tao flashes his muscles and Kris laughs

 

“A few seconds ago, you wanted me to keep calling you panda. Tsk, go back to sleep my baby panda.” Kris taps Tao’s head one more time before he runs out of the room. Once he was sure that Tao wasn't going to run after him, his back hits the wall and he sinks to the floor. His face is buried in his hands trying to stop the tears from flowing. He should have known better than to play with Tao. He was just hurting himself over and over again, but he couldn't help not care for the boy. "I have to stop." He breathes out.

"Hyung." Chanyeol calls out. He was about to go to the bathroom but he saw his best friend. "Are you okay?"

 

Kris suppresses a smile and face Chanyeol "I'm fine. Just stood up too early. I slept the whole day and I guess I should have taken things slower."

 

"Ah, Baekhyuns like that too." Chanyeol helps him up "Cook some breakfast for me hyung, please!" Kris nods and Chanyeol jumps in happiness.



 

The media has been a buzz about EXO's comeback. Everywhere the members went, it was always crowded with fans and media. They had to wear hoodies that would zip up to their necks and make sure that their hairs are tucked inside beanies and caps so that everyone would anticipate their comeback.

 

"At last, all your hard work these past 3 months will pay off. Tomorrow will be you very 1st Comeback Concert and I expect the best from all of you." Lee Soo Man summoned the team, along with the choreographers, managers and techs. "I was really impressed during the final rehearsal and I expect that kind of performance for all you concerts."

 

"Thank you Teacher Lee Soo Man." Suho replies immediately.

 

"We will all do our best and won't disappoint you. Thank you for giving us this opportunity." Kris continued.

 

"Thank you!" The rest of the members cheered.

 

"Alright, alright. I want you all in your vest condition tomorrow. Rest your voices and don't run around. I don't want you breaking anything the day before your concert. Actually, I want you on lock down in your training room. Food will be delivered there. I cant risk any of ypu getting hurt or being discovered a day before your concert so I hope you understand." The boys nod and Lee Soo Man dismisses them.



 

"... And finally, the twelve forces have finally reunite and is here to conquer the land. Ladies and Gentlemen!" The twelve members all huddle up into a circle. All their microphones so no one was making a sound.

 

"E!" Kris nods to the members and they take in their hands in the middle to cheer silently.

 

"X!" The members jump up and down to loosen their nerves. The vocalists get their last drink of water and position themselves on the rising platform.

 

"O!" The platform rises as Mama starts to play.