A Platinum Mission

Bloodlust

 

BOM’s POV

I woke up to the first rays of sunlight with a smile on my face, feeling energetic and refreshed after a long night of peaceful sleep. I started thinking about yesterday’s dream. An angel, my guardian angel. Is he real? The dream felt so real, HE felt so real, his hug is so warm, but it just couldn’t be real, or could it? Just then, my phone rang, breaking my train of thoughts.

“Bom unnie! Hurry down to the headquarters! Boss is calling for you. New mission!”  Minzy exclaimed.

“Got it!” I replied, letting out a sigh.

Minzy is the youngest vampire hunter who has just joined the team, after her parents got killed by vampires. She always seems to be so energetic, hiding her pain behind a mask. Well, but isn’t it the same for everyone? All the Nightslayers have their own stories to tell, stories of pain and stories of loss. I smiled sadly as I thought.   

Oh right, I have to go and meet Boss. *Sigh* Honestly speaking, I feel uncomfortable around him. In fact, everyone does. Boss is like a mystery, after working years for him, nobody knows what he looks like, nobody even knows his name. He seldom shows up in the headquarters, even if he does, he will be wearing a mask.  

  

 

Nightslayers Headquarters (Seoul)

 

“Boss, you called for me?” I said as I entered his office. I was taken aback when I saw another person in the office. It was CL.

“Yes, Bom. As usual, great job with the previous mission. I will entrust you with a new mission. You will be working together with CL.”  Boss said, handing me a paper containing the details of the mission.

 

Mission #1002103

Venue: Jeju Island

Mission Rank: Platinum

Mission Type: Espionage

Mission Objectives: Sneak into the Dark Meet, obtain information

Mission entrusted to,

Bom

CL

 

I silently read the mission and gasped involuntarily. A Dark Meet?! It is a top secret meeting of the vampires. How is it possible for CL and I to sneak in, and worse, how are we going to get out?! No wonder it is rated platinum, this espionage mission is much more dangerous than any assassination missions.

“Bom? I know that this mission is highly dangerous, that’s why I entrusted you and CL, the best two vampire slayers to complete it. This Dark Meet will be held by Choi Dong Yeol, the brother of the Vampire King, Choi Dong Joon. We suspect that he is plotting something to seize the throne and we need more information.” Boss managed to sense my tension.

“Looks like someone’s getting scared. Boss, I can complete the mission myself.” CL snickered.

“You two better learn to work well with each other for this mission, or it’ll cost you your life.” Boss said coldly.

“Yes boss.” Me and CL obeyed. She gave me a dirty look and smirked.

I sighed. It is so hard to get along with CL, she works on her own and never talk to any of the other vampire slayers. She joined the Nightslayers 5 years after me, I still remember the day when I first met her.

 

 

*Flashback*

I watched as a girl walked into the headquarters. Her head held high. Although she seems to be a few years younger than me, she has a certain aura around her makes her seem unapproachable.

“I am Lee ChaeRin. Call me CL.” She introduced herself.

She caught my eyes and smirked at me. She walked up to me and stared.

“Are you Bom? The best Nightslayer around?” She asked.

“Yes, I am Bom.” I replied.

“Well, soon you will no longer be the best. I, will be the best.” She hissed at me like a hostile cat.    

*End of flashback*

 

 

I let out a sigh as I walked out of Boss’s office. CL brushed past me and walked away quickly. This mission’s gonna be hard... Working with CL just made it even harder. That girl hates me.  

 

BOM! Are you crazy?! How can you accept that mission?!” I heard a voice frantically shouting at me.

I looked around me, only to realise that there are nobody around.

“Who’s that?” I cautiously asked.

“Jiyong! Your guardian angel, remember? But am I going to protect you if you insist on doing things that will get you killed?!” The voice said impatiently.

“Jiyong?! You’re real? But I thought that it’s just a dream?” I asked out loud. People around me are starting to give me weird looks.

“No, I told you I’m real didn’t I? And you can just talk to me in your head you know? Before people start thinking that you’re a nutcase.”Jiyong chuckled.

I smiled involuntarily, his laughter is so warm.

“Bom, trust me. Do NOT accept this mission! It is too dangerous! I can sense the danger nearing!” Jiyong’s voice turned serious as he started warning me.

“I know… But I have you with me, don’t I? My guardian angel.”I smiled, trying to calm Jiyong down.

“I can only give you warnings when I sense any dangers around… But I can’t protect you from physical harm you know?”Jiyong sighed, but I can sense him softening his tone.  

 

Jeju Island… Here I come. The place called the Island of Love, when actually it is the place whereby vampires hold their Dark Meets at night. I snickered, shaking my head. If only people knew… 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers, I'm so so sorry for the late update! Was preparing for an exam for the past few weeks. As for those of you wondering when will TOP and BOM meet, rest assured, they will meet soon! Meanwhile, a little more G-bom moments. ^^

Sidetracking a bit, CONGRATULATIONS to 2NE1 for winning the MTV iggy Best New Band in the World and BigBang for winning MTV EMA Worldwide Act!!!!!!!! YG family JJANG!