The Beginning

Alpha Omega
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YEONCHAN'S POV

“Why?!” For the nth time, I’ve heard her wailed that word again. I just sighed. She continued to blab about it again. We’ve been here since yesterday and all she said was ‘why this, why that’, it irritates me but I understand her nonetheless. I don’t wanna be here either. I wanna be with my family, our family. But then a representative of the Wanderers knocked on our door and presented a document about us two to be admitted in the Sment University, our parents couldn’t do anything but to oblige while crying. The representative gave us an hour to bid our goodbyes to the people we treasure. But the hardest part is when we found out that we can never go back to our home again. Our family can visit us quarterly but with a limited number of visitors only, the immediate family only and with a limited number of hours only. It hurts, it really does. But we can’t do anything about it. The representative told us that we can’t bring anything except for some pictures that are important to us.

“I don’t get it why we were chosen to enroll in this ty university! Far from our family! Far from our daily routine! Far from civilization! Far from everything and everyone! Did we murder hundreds of babies in our past life to deserve something like this?!” She grabbed a fistful of her hair.

“Hey, you’re exaggerating it. Our stay might not be that bad.” I patted her back.

“Yeah,” She answered me sarcastically, “because it will be the worst!”

I covered immediately, “Jin! Stop this, okay? Someone might hear you and punish you! We are here in a very unfamiliar place. We should keep ourselves low profile and who knows; maybe they’ll explain to us why we are here. Now change into our designated outfit.”

She protested but changed into our designated outfit anyway. Our designated outfit is a green t-shirt with our full name at the back and the word ‘Freshman’ on the front part. We were told to dress decently so I matched the shirt with one of the pairs of denim shorts I found inside my cabinet and a pair of black knee length flat boots. I also fixed my hair, braiding it into a Dutch braid and put a headband on it. And of course, I applied some light make up. This school is really weird. It’s like they’ve researched about our lives because our room looks like the mixture of mine and Jin’s house. So at least, it can lessen our homesickness. And the clothes inside our cabinets are the type of clothes we usually wear. And the little things we use are also provided like my headbands and hairclips and Jin’s dreamcatchers. The type of perfume we use, the type of soap, shampoo, lotion, deodorant, everything! This is creepy.

“Jin, are you good to go?” I asked, fixing my things inside my bag.

She hummed in response and went out of our room. She’s wearing our t-shirt of course, matched with a black, tattered skinny jeans and khaki combat boots. The typical Jinhyo. She is ruffling her hair, her way of combing it.

“Let’s go.” She muttered.

“You won’t bring anything?” I queried. Of course, she won’t. Lol, Yeonchan.

“Duh, since when did I bring anything? You know you always have what I need so I’ll let you do the honors to bring anything necessary for me.” She scurried off our room. I sighed.

That’s the pissed off Jinhyo that’s very hard to deal with, everybody.

I run towards her.

“Hey, wait up.” I panted.

She halted. “Where are we going, anyway?”

I giggled, “Aigoo. At the auditorium,” I pointed somewhere, “That green building.”

“How’d you know?” She eyed me suspiciously.

I rolled my eyes, “It was posted outside our room. You were too pissed off to notice it.”

“Whatever. Come on.”

---

I was really expecting to see hundreds if not thousands of freshman students. But when we entered the auditorium, we barely reached 70. What kind of school is this?

“Annyeong haseyo. Good morning.” I bowed politely. Jinhyo bowed as well, thank heavens.

“Ah, good morning as well. Ms. Choi and Ms. Park,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter