Chapter 2

Don't you know I love you?

“Park Chorong, I’m very sorry to all my mistakes to you. We all do, but now the one who is still guilty is till you. Yah, Park Chorong! SARANGHAEYO!!”

 

All of them thought it as a confession. But only them knew, their secret code…

 

One day on Autumn evening, Luhan ask Chorong to teach him science. They promise to meet at a park nearby. When Chorong arrive, Luhan is playing bike around her when he spotted her.

 

“Yah! Stop it. You’re making me dizzy!”

 

Then Luhan stop. He park the bike at its place. They both study under a patio nearby. Suddenly, the dry leaves fallen and it made both of them stop writing for awhile. Luhan ear himself to Chorong to say something..

 

“Yah, Park Chorong. Sarangaheaeyo!”

 

Chorong look quite surprise but she knew it’s a joke. So..

 

“Nado Saranghae!”

 

At the end, they become much closer and they have a secret code.

 

‘I love you. (as a friend)’

 

-Back to the present-

Chorong and Luhan lost contact because of their busy schedule. Lately, Luhan been changing number so Chorong didn’t get to contact him.

 

That night, Chorong thought about confessing to Luhan his true feelings. Sehun mention that Luhan, too has feelings for her. But she shouldn’t put high expectations. She went outside to the balcony, to smell some air for New York. She look down below then she see…

 

Luhan.

 

He’s wearing the red knitted sweater that she gave him on his birthday 6 years ago. And that’s was the last present she gave him. That time, the sweater is a little big bigger than Luhan’s actual size. So, it still fit until now.

 

She rub her eyes, and there stand Luhan sitting on the chair. She only can admire him from faraway as she never had the courage to confess to him. She still remembers that Luhan is a famous player. Either, sports player or player.

 

She still remember the time that she feel like she’s only a friend to him..

 

Chorong is standing at the bus stop, waiting for the bus to arrive. When she realize she forgot her phone. She ran back to school. Thank goodness, the gate hasn’t close yet. She goes to her class and found her phone at her desk.

 

As she steps out the school, she saw Luhan with the most popular girl. Their even some kisses and exchange goofy names. How Chorong’s heart shatter, but then her mind speaks to her.

 

Chorong, you’re strong. Now you know, you’re impossible with him. For him, you’re just some friends that he feel free to share thoughts too. Lesson for today; Stop putting high expectations.

 

Since then, she never puts too much expectations. Even in exams, she would compliment her friend’s first before showing her’s.

 

 

-Back to present-

~Next morning..

Chorong goes out to take pictures of the town. She also need shopping treatment. That’s why she wear red hoodie jacket, plain white shirt, long black leggings and a pair of white stripe pink sneakers. As she walks out, flashbacks comes….

 

“Yah! Park Chorong, what’s with your shoes?”

 

A boy ask his friend while his petting the dog.

 

“Luhan, its just shoes. I’ll buy later.”

 

“Okay then promise me?”

 

“Sure!”

 

They play with the dog for awhile before going to eat Luhan’s homemade lunch made by his mother, of course.

 

After one week~

“Yah, you naughty girl. How many times do I have to tell you to fix your shoes? Aish.. they look like garbage.”

 

“Yah, Luhan! You think I’m wearing a garbage? I’m busy.”

 

“What did you do anyway?”

 

Luhan ask Chorong while they walk around the neighbourhood. Chorong look at her shoes then she glare at Luhan.

 

“Aish…. I have many things to then buying waste. This shoes is still good. I’ve exams and there’s a new ceremony later. I’m the organizer, remember?”

 

“Then? Ask Bomi to buy a new one?”

 

“Don’t want to. Trust me, the shoes are good!”

 

Weeks after that, the shoes becomes critical. At the same time, Chorong keep on running and running, making errands. So, one day Luhan didn’t have anything to do ask Bomi to accompany him searching for Chorong’s shoes.

 

They choose a lots of shoes. But clearly, those are Bomi’s style. Then Luhan see his type of shoe and he gurantee Chorong would love em. And that’s the truth, Luhan bought a leopard stripe shoes with clearly black as its main colour.

 

On Chorong’s last day at Korea, Luhan got her the sneakers. White stripe pink sneakers that’s been a little bit of oversize. But now its doesn’t mind since she can wear it anywhere.

 

-Back to present-

Luhan’s side

#On the lift

I got into the lift. That’s where I notice a woman with bangs. And… the sneakers. I wanted to ask her but I see a wire attach so she must be hearing some music from her Ipod obviously and I can’t just take it off and annoy her.

 

When I got out, my gaze follow the woman. She look for a table for 2.  After picking her food, she sits down. When she lift her head, my guess is correct. Its actually Park Chorong. I pick my food and sit at her table. She looks surprise but still she give me the place.

 

“So, hi! Long time no see.”

 

“Yeah, me too. I hope that you already have someone?”

 

“Not yet, how bout you Chorong?”

 

“I’m an old lady. How could I find my someone?”

 

Just then, Luhan laugh hard. Until then both of them got closer. They talk bout their friend, fun life and others. Sehun goes breakfast ealier that’s why his nowhere. Then, Luhan plans to get around town with Chorong.

 

“Please!”

 

“Okay, it’ll get lonely anyway.”

 

So, they got into different places. Luhan bought a lot of things for his family. Usually, he wouldn’t remember to buy anything for his family. But when his with Chorong, suddenly he remembers everything. What everyone wants and bla…bla…

 

~After 3 days

A girl with a pair of white stripe sneakers run towards the check up counter. She quickly made her way to the plane. Chorong is leaving New York to come back to Korea. Lucky is, Luhan is in-charge of the plane. Sehun goes to another plane so Luhan is pair up with a tomboy named Amber. She reminds of Chorong, somehow.

 

~On Namjoo’s wedding~

“I hope you would treat her like a princess, okay Kyungsoo?”

 

“Yes, Noona!”

 

“Owh, so many energy.”

 

Bomi made Kyungsoo to promise himself to take care of Namjoo. After that, they have a party. They dance and have fun while 2 person at the party is not dancing.

 

Luhan and Chorong

 

Chorong is plucking her earphones to prevent her to hear the noise. She’s drawing Namjoo and Kyungsoo when they have fun dancing with the people around them. Suddenly, Luhan pluck out the earphones. Chorong seem shock to see him.

 

“We should exchange numbers, agree?”

 

“Okay!”

 

They switch phones and write at the contacts. When Chorong checks her contact, she frown a bit.

 

“Really? Handsome Luhan?”

 

Luhan nods his head. But then, he too frown..

 

“Chorong only? That’s too lame.”

 

Chorong looks displease.

 

“Lets just change the contact name like we want too.”

 

Suggest Chorong because of their displease. After Luhan save the number like he wanted to, he looks at Chorong who’s holding a pencil.

 

“You have no plans this week?”

 

“Nope, just going to the studio and make art like I always does.”

 

“Then, there’s a new café that I would love to go. Can you accompany me?”

 

“Why would I? Aren’t you busy?”

Luhan pout a little.

 

“I’m a pilot, of course I have many time. Oh yeah! You can be inspire.”

 

“Psshh.. nice word. Okay, call! When?”

 

“The day after tomorrow. Call?”

 

“Call!”

 

They both have a fun night afterwards.

 

Next morning~

Luhan had his messy  hair around. He climb down the stairs and goes towards the kitchen. He suddenly stops infront of wonderful painting of the San Fransisco bridge. Down on the left, a signature is written there. Luhan observe the painting for awhile until his sister comes.

 

“Suddenly you interest in this painting. Why?”

 

“Just… its kinda beautiful. Who put it here?”

 

“One of my dongsaeng gave me on my wedding’s day. She say the San fransisco bridge is such  a beautiful and magnificent bridge, so she hope our marriage is like that.”

 

“Nice story, may I know who she is?”

 

“The painter, well she’s an old friend of yours. You should knew her well, she often came here.”

 

“Noona, don’t play riddle jungle here.”

 

“Yah, its Park Chorong. She has made a lot of nice paintings. She sold it all over the world, but still she’s keeping her whole richness low file. I think she’s being-“

 

“Noona, do you knew where she lives?”

 

“Yeah, at Seoul. Red Venice Apartment. You should knew better since you met her like 5 times.”

 

“Sorry, I hadn’t get my mind straight when I’m with her.”

 

“Nice, it means Love.”

 

“Maybe, I don’t know bout her.”

 

“How about I ask her to come over tomorrow for dinner? We can talk.”

 

“And you’re going to bring Seungi Hyung?”

 

“Of course, he’s free tomorrow night.”

 

Luhan nods and proceed to the kitchen while Yoona goes to the garden. Luhan had omelet until he got a message from Xiumin.

 

Bro, come meet me at the court. We’re having a game here.

-Xiumin Hyung                

 

Luhan change into his sportswear and goes to the court after telling his sister about his whereabouts.

 

Chorong’s side

#At the studio

Chorong is painting her inspirations on the canvas when she got a call from Yoona.

 

Yobseyo! Anyeong, unnie. Do you have something to talk to me?

 

Its just that, would you like to come for dinner? It’ll be my pleasure.

 

Unnie, why so sudden? But, okay! Call, see you tomorrow night? I have work, send me your address.

 

Okay, see you tomorrow!

 

Chorong rest herself on the couch while staring at the ceiling. On the ceiling, she and the girls made a painting of unknown. Chorong got an crazy idea of painting the ceiling cause her friends thought that’s its so dull.

 

-At the studio-   flashback

“Hey! How bout we paint the ceiling. I’ll go get the newspapers and paint.”

 

“Okay, call!”

 

The girls say loudly. They all help Chorong to lay the newspapers on the floor. They got themselves ladders and start to climb up and the others just stay down to guard the ladders from falling. Naeun, Bomi and Namjoo is on the ladders, while Hayoung, Eunji and Yookyung is down there. Chorong keep on filling the paints.

 

In the end, they made an awful mess. Good thing the newspapers are there. It didn’t form any painting like Naeun expected. Eunji & Bomi lacks the most. They just paint here and there, splash here and there. It becomes one of Chorong’s inspirations too as her friends the one who paint it.

 

Naeun who got upset because of Bomi’s mess tree, shout.

 

“Unnie! No,no. You have to do the bottom first. Not the leaves!” –Naeun

“It’s my work. Its still a tree, though.” –Bomi

 

“Yah, Yoon Bomi! You hadn’t add much colour. Try to put a lot.” –Eunji

 

“Like this?” –Bomi

 

“Bomi picks a big brush and swipe the ceiling. Making the angry Naeun furious. 

 

“No, it’s still plain.” –Eunji

 

“Like this?” –Bomi

 

Bomi, who got frustrated splash the whole paint on it. Leaving a big spot on the ceiling. Naeun’s already heating, so she just shout.

 

“STOP! THAT’S NOT ART!” –Naeun

 

“It is for both of us!” –Eunji & Bomi

 

In the end, the ceiling becomes a huge mess. Luckily, Naeun manage to save some before it becomes completely a mess.

 

Back to present~

Chorong chuckle at the though of her so call artistic friends. She prepare herself to go to Yoona Unnie’s house since she invites her yesterday. Chorong just wear a simple dress, necklace and pair with some flat shoes.

 

She ring the doorbell outside the gate. She waits for someone to welcome her inside.

 

Nobody’s side

Luhan is checking his image one last time. Then, the doorbell ring. He looks around and no one is there to pick up except himself. Seungi and Yoona is cooking in the kitchen. He held a sigh before letting Chorong in. He also welcomes Chorong, and Chorong is shock to see him.

 

“Why are you here?”

 

“My house.”

 

“So, you live here? Am I wrong again? Yoona Unnie ask me to come here for a dinner.”

 

“She’s my Noona.”

 

“Really? You look like the type who didn’t have any sister.”

 

“Yeah, I’m cool. I know.”

 

“Psshh.. too much of himself.”

 

Comment Chorong as they goes in. Because of awkwardness, Luhan volunteer himself to go to the kitchen. He found Yoona and Seungi eating at the kitchen.

 

“Yah, seriously. Why?”

 

“We’re just waiting for you to serve it actually.” –Yoona

 

“Mean.”

 

Yoona and Seungi giggle as Luhan leave the kitchen to serve the food. Chorong who see that, offer herself to help Luhan. So in the end, Yoona and Seungi just sit back and watch them prepare the table. They finally sit down.

“So, what you doing now, Chorong?” –Seungi

 

“I’m doing fine, Oppa. I have expand my business through out to New York.” –Chorong

 

“Chorong, don’t you remember that you and Luhan loves to play together here? You even-“ –Yoona

 

“NOONA!”

 

“Why? Its just that Chorong also cooks you breakfast, right Chorong?”

 

“Really, honey?”

 

Yoona nods. Then, a flashback comes. Remembering that day.

 

#At Luhan’s house    flashback

Its shining bright. A man is still at his bed covers. Until..

 

Splash!

“Yah,  what the? Chorong!” –Luhan

 

“Wake up you lazy deer! Its been half an hour from our promising time!” –Chorong

 

“Not my fault. I didn’t-“

 

“You did promise. Now, get up! Now, I knew what Suho felt.”

 

Suddelny a surge of jealousy comes.

 

“Suho, suho! Is he soo special?”

“He’s you friend a.k.a the president. Don’t make me compare you both again!”

 

“Then, go marry him!”

 

“Love to, but he has somebody else. Got it?”

 

Luhan scratch his head in furious. He snatch the towel from Chorong and quickly take a bath. Chorong who’s has done her job goes to the kitchen. She cleans Luhan’s bedroom first. She cooks breakfast for both of them. And since then, it becomes Chorong’s routine every Sunday.

 

 

Back to present~

Chorong eats the food politely. She cleans the table with Yoona Unnie. Suddenly when she’s washing the dishes, Yoona Unnie ask her a private question.

 

“Do you ever like Luhan?”

 

Her time froze at the question. She stops washing the dishes and looks at Yoona.

 

“I’m not saying I never was but,it felt wrong.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because he has many other people to date about. I’m no good.”

 

“You’re good, I knew you are. You even knew Luhan better then I am.”

 

“What makes you think that, Unnie?”

 

“Luhan, he has limit trust for girls. He even sometimes does or not trust me. You even get you routine fix by every Sunday waking him up and cook breakfast. Even studying, shopping and other such things. That 5 years of friendship is very precious. Don’t you think?”

 

“But unnie, does he like me?”

 

“I’m his sister, of course I knew.”

 

“Knew! Not know.’

 

“He confess to me last night.”

 

“Then…”

 

“Try to confess will ya.”

 

Chorong continue washing the dishes as Yoona Unnie pats her head and goes to join the boys. Later, Chorong too join the boys however Luhan ask her to join him to the garden. The mon is shining brightly and the stars twinkle up the night.

 

Luhan looks at Chorong and Chorong would sometimes glance at him.

 

“Yah! Don’t look at me like that, you want to die?”

 

“No.”

 

“Aish… then stop looking me like that! You know the stars are much better to look at!”

 

“That’s weird I just saw the star shining brightly beside me.”

 

“Punch lines! I hate those.”

 

“Is it because you don’t need one?”

 

“Maybe, I don’t know.”

 

“Did you remember when we play at the swing? You told me about your dreams of being a stewardness because……………….of  me.”

 

“That was a long time ago. I learn art anyways, I think its much better.”

 

“Pshh… then fine.”

 

They silent for awhile until Luhan break the silence.

 

“Chorong, when the last time you go to airport, what did I saw to you?”

 

“Park Chorong, I’m very sorry to all my mistakes to you. We all do, but now the one who is still guilty is till you. Yah, Park Chorong! SARANGHAEYO!!”

 

“Park Chorong, I’m very sorry to all my mistakes to you. We all do, but now the one who is still guilty is till you. Yah, Park Chorong! SARANGHAEYO!!”

 

“Yup, and the last word is??”

 

“Saranghaeyo.”

 

“Eyy…. Its been years and you still remember it?”

 

 

“Pabo! Its because its my last day with you guys.”

 

 

“If I say that Saranghaeyo, is true? What’s your reaction?”

 

Chorong blur out her word.

 

“Happy.”

 

“Why?”

 

Don’t you that I love you?”

 

Luhan smile and slowly lean to Chorong’s face. Chorong only stood still and didn’t know what to do. Then, their lips touch. Its just soft but great for both of them. And since that day, Luhan and Chorong becomes official and Yoona is very happy for her brother to find someone.