I'm Still Here ...

Ebb and Flow

No Ones POV:

The fans were cheering as Infinite got to the fan-signing event.

“Myungsoo-oppa~ Sarangheyo~”

“Sunggyu-oppa, look this way”

“Hoya! You’re so handsome!”

“Sungyeol!”

“Sungjongie~ we love you~”

 

Sungjong looked around and saw a fan with her camera, waving at him. He's always been good at spotting the lenses of a camera. The maknae gave his fan a big smile and a wave back. He even added a little wink and mouthed a “thank you” before joining s at the table. “Sungjongies so cute” a voice chuckled. Sungjong was startled. “Myungsoo?” the younger stared. “What’s wrong? A little tired?” Myungsoo questioned. Sungjong gave a concerned expression. Tensing a little, feeling he might be reading into their interactions too much. Myungsoo seems somewhat normal. “He’s still a little odd… something’s a bit off-putting”. Sungjong sighed at himself, sometimes he wished he could push these feelings away and just enjoy himself. To him, it was apparent that Myungsoo didn’t have a problem, so why should he? “Yea, just couldn’t go to sleep is all” Sungjong bitterly smiled. “bwo~ That’s no good. If you can’t sleep you should ask one of us hyungs to help you” Myungsoo replied. “Well actually, Myungsoo lately I’ve been wanting to-“before the maknae could finish his sentence Myungsoo looked away and waved to a fan screaming out his name. “Sorry jongie, what did you say?” the older asked. Sungjong pouted a little to himself. Maybe he was over-reacting, but it felt like Myungsoo tried to avoid what he was about to say. “Nothing hyung…” he stated in disappointment.

 

For most parts Sungjong kept his temper, putting his focus onto the fans, offering them his attention and as much joy as he could, after all, Sungjong loved his fans, all the members did. Occasionally, Sungjong will allow himself to steal glances at Myungsoo as he turned to face another member. More than occasionally though, the maknae noticed Myungsoos gaze on him. It was one of Myungsoos past-times it seems. Like how he liked to touch his hair, or take his picture, or take him out for ramen. All of which have been decreasing in frequency. “I’m not going to look if you don’t when I stare” Sungjong muttered, feeling more than a little confused. “This scenario happens way too many times for my liking”. Sungjong pursed his lips, gripping harder on a pen he had. The boy could feel his temper rise a little, becoming, as he does in these situations, almost non-responsive to any gestures Myungsoo makes. Even so, Sungjong decided to keep himself as calm as possible.

 

The fan-signing was overall fun for Sungjong, despite his irritation, however Sungjong, tired and still a bit annoyed wanted nothing more but to plunk himself on his bed and try to get some shut eye. As soon as he got into the van, he drifted off into sleep.

 

 

-   Flashback     -

 

Sungjongs POV:

It happened. I’ve had a feeling that Myungsoo-hyung was seeing someone. He never really told me, but it was evident. The rest of infinite knew of it. It was common fact to us, but it was devastating for our fans. Woohyun became very on edge with Myungsoo over the incident, because of how badly our fans were hurting. Though admittedly, none of us stopped Myungsoo from dating her. A lot of us were not completely for it, but we silently allowed it. We knew how hyung was. Stubborn, but more so when he was serious, it meant he will pursue it to no end. It was one of the things that I envied about him as a fellow idol and member.

 

We were on tour and tension was high for some of us. Sunggyu had taken the situation calmly, explaining to Myungsoo that what has happened will not break Infinite, and that if Myungsoo worked hard enough, he may gain back the affection and trust his fans had in him. However, Myungsoo took the whole thing rather poorly. His girlfriend “Do yeon” was someone Infinite as a whole knew little about, however a lot of us felt that her secret message was not a smart move, especially how it was plainly deciphered from just a quick look horizontally. If I remember correctly, he was pretty grumpy the other day because of some fight he had with her, that probably makes the situation a little worse for Myungsoo.

We were in the middle of practice for our next live performance and Myungsoo sat on the cold floor with his head down. Exhausted like the rest of us. Sungyeol was very concerned for his friend. He wasn’t always nice to me, however he was always rather sweet to almost everyone deep down.

 

“Myungsoo, don’t worry, you’re smart, handsome as hell, talented, hardworking …. You’ll pull through” Sungyeol cooed.

 

“Hey look, tell you what …” Sungyeol pressed his lips together for a moment, wrinkles forming on his forehead.

 “The thing that vibrates at night is-“

 

“Ya Sungyeol! No!” Sunggyu shouted slapping his sock across Sungyeols face.

 

“Hyung, don’t take your sock off and put it on me” The taller spat.

 

“You’re the problem Sungyeol, who talks about-“

 

“Ya! I was trying to get a reaction” “Aish!” Sungyeol panicked, shaking his hands in the air, looking rather flushed. He looked like he was about to hyper-ventilate.

“I was just trying to make him feel better, knowing hyung will stop me” He tried to explain.

 

“You’re an idiot yeol” Woohyun laughed.

 

“Hahahaha, idiot idiot~” Dongwoo taunted.

 

Sungyeol can be rather bright at times … and rather stupid on others. I sighed, slowly forming a grin on my face, watching the scene continue in front of me. “Most of Infinite really are a family. My eyes drooped down for a moment, feeling a little moist. “At least Myungsoo smiled a little” I thought, looking at the unusually quiet Myungsoo, allowing his dimples to resurface. Afterword’s though, his solemn expression returned. He looked …. More than lonely.

 

No one’s POV:

Sungjongs gazed at the latter with empathetic eyes. Sungjong found himself sympathising more with Myungsoo then he initially had. Sure he felt bad for him, but Sungjong wasn’t sure of the extent of damage this was doing to Myungsoo at first. Sungjong knew loneliness, and he understood right away how horrible Myungsoo must have felt. There were times when the maknae wanted nothing but to be left alone, even though his insides where screaming for someone to just stand by him, without saying a word. Sungjong understood what it’s like to feel useless and helpless …. Questioning every action you took to the point where you wonder, what part of your life you were even doing right. When you feel like u just want to be dead for a bit, but the truth is ….you just wanted to be ok…To know that everything’s ok.

 

Sungjong flinched slightly as his thought bubble was suddenly popped. Sungjong eyed Myungsoo, who excused himself and walked away. Myungsoo didn’t come back for a while. “It’s understandable, sometimes we need time alone” Sungjong reasoned, he, more times than one, knew that sometimes only your own comfort was of any relief . “We’re ready for the sound check” a voice boomed out of the stage speakers. The maknae jolted up from the sudden noise. The track music started playing as the members scrambled a little to get back to practice. Myungsoo came back silently during the rehearsal. His eyes were barely visible, hidden behind his black cap and tilted head. Sungjong, however, sill picked up on the inflamed redness around the visuals eyes. Red even etched itself across the tip of Myungsoos eyelids. “He must have rubbed a lot…..” Sungjong sighed.  “He must have cried a lot”. Sungjongs eyes became a little overwhelmed for a moment, almost filling up with liquid. He knew Myungsoo was a sweet and kind boy, and also rather naive. Myungsoos recently been very gentle towards him. Sungjong has always silently thanked him for the times he claps like a seal to encourage him, or when he takes things easy on him, when the other hyungs won’t. He was very sensitive.  Sungjong joints stiffened in the realisation that he hadn’t given nearly as much back to Myungsoo, as the latter did for him.

With that, Sungjong started to walk towards him.

 

Sungjongs POV:

My body started to move on its own. To be honest, I wasn’t’ sure if I was over-stepping my boundaries …. But a part of me just wanted to show him that I care. My arms wrapped around the boy’s back. It felt as if Myungsoo wasn’t all there for a moment, so I embraced him tighter. My heart shook a little, because I knew the touch of his back was always firm. Now, it feels like its fading away, lost in a strange dream, loose and transparent, like a jellyfish.

It was only when hyung turned around, did I realise my actions were a little sudden. I thought to smile for him, feeling a little foolish, because the edges of my mouth were already curved up. "how odd". His face returned the smile, even though his heart didn’t. He gave me a hug in response, feeling a little more assured, but I know he only swallowed his problems for a moment.

 

This is his thank you” I thought, patting his back.

“I’m here Myungsoo …. I’m here”

 

“I’m still here”

 

With that the scene dispersed into darkness, small fragments of light seeped through, coming from the ceiling in the apartment. It was night time now, and the concert was completed. All of us decided to eat in, since it was late and we were tired from practicing for our next live.  My eyes shifted around the room for a moment, noticing Myungsoo-hyungs disappearance. Sighing, I began to play various images in my mind, trying to figure out where he might have gone.  I could have asked the hyungs, sure, but I had a feeling Myungsoo just excused himself and went off. Sungyeol seemed a little uncomfortable, knowing his friend left, but decided against following him. I guess he must have felt he needed some space.

 

I waited a couple of minutes, and soon an hour went. I stood up and told Woohyun to tell the others I’ll be back in a bit. I wasn’t sure if that was correct or not, but honestly, who gives a damn about that right now. I thought deeply for a moment about where he might be. The toilets, a park nearby, the balcony of the apartment even, but my mind always went back to one place. The roof. I ran up the flight of stairs, thinking the lift may be a little slow … It was obvious my head wasn’t thinking. My heart rate was accelerating, and I could hear myself pant sharply with every step I climbed. I was never good at exercise. I almost dropped to the floor for a moment, perspiration dripping from my hair. I bent down to take a proper breather. I was close to the slightly opened door. I lifted myself straight, feeling the waves in my heart. It rose and dropped, rose again and dropped. Gulping I pushed the door, and immediately, silence overtook my tides. The air was almost stagnant, and only a few deserted stars could fight with the raging neon lights of the city. My gaze focused on the silhouette of a boy sitting on the ground, at the edge of the building. My heart thumped loudly like a drum at the sight. I couldn’t stand to see Myungsoo like this. I just…. I can’t take it. I can’t leave him alone.

 

“Myungsoo hyung …” I called loudly, letting my breath condense in the cold air. The figure did not reply. That’s it… I had enough of not doing anything. I slowly went up to the figure and sat a small distance away from him. The silhouette recoiled for a moment, but slowly relaxed. I know not to say anything as this happened. I titled my head upwards to look at the sky, I’m sure hyung didn’t want me to see him like this.

 

“Seeing how little stars you see up here, really makes me feel very lonely that I could cry, right hyung?” I clearly spoke.

 

The figure gave no response.

 

“You know, I usually go out a lot at night, and I never tell any of you where I’m going” I continued.

“To be honest, even I don’t know where I’m going sometimes. I just walk and walk”. I paused, knowing tears were about to form. I clinched my jaw down tightly. I’ve never admitted this to anyone.

 

“I walk and walk, and tell myself I like my own company”. Damn it, don’t cry.

“But the truth is, I wanted someone by my side. To walk along with me. The truth is I hate being alone”

I almost tripped on my own words. My lips quivering. Be brave Sungjong

“I know god damn well that feeling alone ” I shouted, finally turning my face towards the figure.

“People are here for you.... I'm here”

“Myungsoo, you don’t have to be alone” I remarked, finally allowing tears to engulf my eyes.

 

The figure uncoiled itself for a moment and looked my way. I knew it, he was crying too.

I hugged him with all the might and strength I had. He didn’t have to say a word to me if he didn’t want to. I waited until he embraced my warmth. He began to shake more. Droplets falling like rain on my jacket. He was more than vulnerable, he was bare. We both were.

 

- Flashback ends-

The scene blurred out, as I felt something nudge my body a little. “Hmmm” I muffled, pushing myself upright. I took a few deep breaths before I finally lifted the heavy blindfolds called my eyelids. “Must have fallen asleep” I breathed, lifting my head up to get rid of the tension in my neck. “Who really has dreams about past events like that?”

 

 “You slept for a while….. Sunngyu hyung said to let you rest so here you are” Myungsoo smiled at the edge of my bed, camera in hand. I giggled to myself. Seriously? This is unfair. I wanted to stay annoyed at you today for a little longer. Again ….  I lost.

 

Myungsoos POV:

Sungjong smiled tenderly at me. My hand gravitated to his hair, pushing his fridge aside so I could see his eyes. I liked his hair, it was always so soft, but truthfully I liked his eyes more. Especially when they look at me this way …. They were warm, endearing …..  Honest. I winced slightly at myself for a moment. What am I doing?

I moved off Sungjongs bed and held my camera up. "Jongie, I felt like taking pictures, so I came in to take pictures of you"

lies. A small voice in my head whispered. "Stop" I told myself

Sungjong stood up for me and pouted "So you only come to take pictures" He joked ".. And here I thought you cared..." he whispered under his breath, barely audiable. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to hear that or not. "I was worried .... why can't I just say it"

 

 

 

 

Hey again : )

This chapter turned out longer then expected, so I hope it makes up for the last chapter (sorry if its a little overdone)

I wrote this while I was tired so it might not be very good, but I tried to edit through it quickly to make it a little better. I hope its still enjoyable for you guys.

The next chapter might take a little longer, mianhae :(  The chapter will be mostly told in Myungsoos POV, and is supposed to give you guys some insight to whats wrong with Myungsoo, however I wonder what you guys are thinking at this point.

What do you guys think is the matter with Myungsoo?

Did I put enough Myungjong in this chapter? > . < (I feel theres always a need for more though)

Once again thank you everyone, and I'll post the next chapter as soon as I can.