Why fear the night?

Ebb and Flow

No one’s POV:

“Hey wake up” a voice spoke. “Hyung, give me a moment” the other winced, loosening his grip on Sunggyu, the teddy bear. The boy slowly dragged his body up, stretching a little upon feeling the tension in his muscles. “Sungjong, you should get Myungsoo to wake you up” the voice said in a matter of fact manner. The boy let out a soft sigh. “He’s busy hyung. He’s trying really hard to prove himself to our fans”. The voice lifted his arms and raised them to his head, scratching its surface. “I know I’m your favourite hyung, but you can’t always rely on me”. “Yes Hoya-sshi, I know, you’re very busy too” the younger breathed, gently pulling himself away from the bed. With that Hoya silently strolled out of the room into his own, leaving Sungjong to handle the rest by himself.

 

Sungjong slowly walked to the bathroom, and turned the tap on. He runs his hands under it loosely, allowing the cold liquid to escape, before splashing the majority of it unto his face. “He has been distancing himself again” Sungjong thought, letting the water drip from his hair. He stood there for a moment, thinking back to the fun times he and Myungsoo have been having together. For a while, Sungong felt very much needed by his friend. It made him feel good to see Myungsoo laugh and let his dimples show. It felt good when he and Myungsoo figured out how much they had in common and how little words needed to be said for to understand when somethings wrong. Most importantly, Sungjong felt the least alone then he has been for the past few years. Sungjong bit his lower lips and rubbed his eyes. “Last night again… stupid mind”. The boy then wiped the rest of the moisture off his face, went back to his room and put a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, and a loose top.

 

Today Infinite are going to a fan-signing event. The manager had told them to get proper rest and wake up early to get their make-up done. Fortunately for Sungjong, Dongwoo was the last to wake up and bore the of ’s complaints in the other van. “Sungjong, you look pretty tired” Hoya, who sat next to Sungjong stated. Sungjong, who was resting his head on the window, pried his eyes open in response. “You should make sure you get proper rest” the other worried. The younger nodded before sighing for the tenth time already. Hoya stared at Sungjong for a moment, and went back to talking to Sunggyu in front of him. Sungjong knew his hyung was genuinely a little worried. Hoya always was, even with his distant and awkward behaviour. He was the hyung Sungjong respected the most, but the boy’s attention was rather pre-occupied. His dreary eyes darted around a little before focusing on the figure beside Hoya, Myungsoo. The boy was laughing with Sungyeol about some matter, and Sungjong couldn’t help but feel a little bit erked. Usually Myungsoo sat near him, Sungjong, but more so then that, Myungsoo hasn’t been near him much at all. Sure, he was used to friends keeping their distance, Hoya was always like that, but Sungjong actually spilt his heart out to Myungsoo a couple of times now, and Myungsoo did the same. That was the difference. They became surprisingly close. At least to Sungjong. Now, however, Myungsoo just concentrates on mostly his career. “Pabo, that’s a great thing” Sungjong whispered to himself “Myungsoo is more determined than ever …. I should feel happy for him” he reasoned. “… so why was I so lonely last night?” a small voice in his mind spoke. Sungjong couldn’t help noticing his real feelings, thinking back to how recently, Myungsoo would reject his offerings of food, or games, and just overall minimal interaction as of late.  To be honest Sungjong felt a little betrayed. He was there for Myungsoo at his lowest, and he is still here for him now … but Myungsoo doesn’t seem to want his company.

 

“We’re here” Sunggyu shouted from the front. They were ready to get their make-up done. Sungjong unbuckled his seatbelt and walked fast to the main entrance “Well, space is always needed…” Sungjong spat to himself, not noticing Sunggyu shouting for him to wait for his hyungs.

 

“Did you have one of those nights again…? I thought they got better” Sunggyu scoffed. “Yes hyung” the other replied. “Ya, Lee Sungjong, don’t just yes me, what’s the matter?” Sunggyu remarked with an impatient stare. Knowing the elder meant well Sungjong replied “I just can’t sleep sometimes you know …. The night I admit, is a little scary”. Sunggyus face became less tense, reaching out to pat the maknaes head. “Sungjong, we’re family. I say what I mean, I always do, and I take pride in that. You can come to us anytime you know…. We hyungs do care, even if we will forever tease you” Sungjong lifted the leaders hand away, paused, and pouted. “You didn’t have to add the last part” Sungjong smiled, trying to reassure his hyung that he does feel a little better.

“Well it is the truth, now what’s the matter really?”

“….. Well, I just don’t like the night really… a psychological thing I guess” Sungjong pondered.

“And why are you getting them again? If it’s a psychological thing, then what’s the reason, or the trigger?”

“…..” Sungjong didn’t say a word. Sunggyus words hit like a bullet. Not in a bad way, but rather a peculiar way. Sungjong never really went further into this habit he had, or now has again. For someone who felt he was very logical, Sungjong actually never questioned the reasons why he had trouble with the night. The thought stunned the poor maknae for a few moments. 

 

Sunggyu glanced for a while before sitting down as the make-up artists approached him. Sungjong decided to copy him, still lost in thought. He started to mumble to himself a little “….. lonliness….thats scary…… eating me”. Sunggyu caught what his fellow member mattered, but decided to not say a word as the make-up artists were there. ”Does he even know what he’s saying right now?” Sunggyu thought.

 

Hi again ^ ^

Firstly I want to say thank you to those who have subscribed and are reading. This chapter is bit short, and boring, so I apologise. I was having trouble figuring out how to go about this chapter since its supposed to set up the situation with Myungjong a little. I'm working on the second chapter now (which has Myungjong, I promise) which continues onto the fan-signing event and Sungjong starts to show his irritation to Myungsoo.