Hoya

The Little Book of Infinite

Your vision was blurry and you were slipping in and out of consciousness.
There was a sharp pain in your left side and you fell to the ground.

"Come on _____. Stay awake. You can do this" You told yourself.

You tried your best to get yourself to a hospital but the pain was too extreme.
You screamed for help in the hope that someone could hear you.
Suddenly you heard footsteps running towards you.
You felt someone pick you up and start carrying you.

"I'm taking you to the hospital, so please try your best to stay awake.
Just keep your eyes open. You can do it" You heard a male voice say.

His words were encouraging but you felt your eyelids getting heavier and heavier,
until you had finally passed out in the man's arms.


* Beep Beep Beep *


You opened your eyes and they slowly adjusted to the darkness.
You sat up and found yourself in a bland room that smelt of antiseptic.
'I'm in a hospital' You thought.
You tried getting out of bed but you felt the same pain in your side as you did that night.
You still managed to get out of bed but your legs weren't used to the pressure and you fell.
As you fell, a man walked through the door and ran to you.

"What are doing!? You're gong to hurt yourself" He exclaimed.

You winced at the sudden loudness.

"Sorry" He apologised. His voice sounded very familiar but you couldn't put your finger on where you had heard it.

The man picked you up off the ground and put you on the bed then sat beside you.

"I'm glad to see that you're finally awake" The man said and handed you a glass of water.
You took it and smiled at him.

"Thank you very much. Uh may I ask who you are?" You asked the man.
"Oh I'm Howon, just call me Hoya. I took you here the night you got injured" He replied.
"Really? That was you? Thank you so much! I thought I was gonna die"
"So did I. You passed out before we got to the hospital and you've been out for a week and a half"
", really? And you've been here the whole time?"
"Other than going home to shower, yeah pretty much. I had to say you were my girlfriend just so I could keep and eye on you.
I also contacted your parents. They've been here everyday. They should be happy to see you awake"
"Thank you so much. I am definitely indebted to you"
"Oh no it's okay. I don't think I should just leave someone to die on the sidewalk"
"Haha I guess not, that'd be too cruel"
"Exactly"

Hoya went to stand up and move to one of the chairs in the hospital room until you grabbed the back of his jacket.
He looked back at you with a confused face.

"What is it?" He asked curiously.
"Do you want to go for a walk with me? I think I've got some of my strength back" You answered, your head layed low
and your cheeks reddening.
Hoya laughed at you and grabbed your hand.

"Lets go then!"

You and Hoya walked around the hospital corridors talking and laughing for what seemed liked hours.
Hoya stopped and looked at you.

"You know, seeing you awake and uh, not bloody, you're actually pretty cute"
"That's a bit of a back handed compliment but thanks anyway Hoya"