The Tree and The Night Conversation

Moon Meets Horizon


It was eleven o’clock in the evening and Yoona was still lost on her way back to the city. She ended up on a cliff with a huge tree beside it.

“This is so damn annoying and tiring. Ugh! I guess I need to spend my night at this place. Geez.” –she complained before approaching the tree.

She rolled her eyes annoyingly and plopped down herself on the ground before she leaned her back against the tree. The silence was so deafening where only crickets made the noise around. The wind was howling so cold that could bring chills on her skin.

When she settled comfortably on the tree, she tilted her head to check the moon on the night sky. Again, she smiled without any definite reason. Its as if the moon gave her a relieving manner that anyone could not bring to her.

She stretched her legs and put her feet on a huge root while watching the moon above. She couldn’t stop smiling. Not bad. In this place, I can fully see the perfect side of the moon. I am glad that I lost my track way back to the city. I have no regrets on this.

“Now, I am really wondering how strong the moon is.” –she talked to herself before she leaned the back of her head against the tree.

Getting used with the beautiful sound of crickets, a voice of a man suddenly spoke up.
“Shouldn’t it be, how weak not strong?” –he said.

Yoona startled and she quietly crawled to the other side of the tree to check the person. She gasped and covered when she saw Baekhyun. Oh my God! That bastard is here!

Her heart thumped faster and she panicked. Should I talk back? Leave him? What? What to do? Yoona, think fast! Think faster! Oh wait, let me think! She looked around and immediately crawled back to her place when Baekhyun talked again. Oohmp!

“Are you there?” –Baekhyun asked.

                Yoona leaned her back against the trunk of the tree and she took a deep breath before talking back. “We all know that the moon has no atmosphere which signifies that it is vulnerable from any meteorites, cosmic rays and solar wind. So the question should pertain of how strong the moon is, not how weak it is. It seems like you’re degrading the ability of the moon to resist any perilous things that might thrown at it.” –she argued and looked up to see the moon.

“You don’t understand my point here.” –Baekhyun shortly answered.

                “Yes, I really don’t. Mind explaining?” –she asked while looking still at the moon.

Baekhyun chuckled, enough for Yoona to hear it. “Aren’t those questions the same?” –he asked shortly.

At that point of time, Baekhyun didn’t care whether he was talking to a stranger. His mind was in distress. He felt so much pressure that no one could even know the reason. It’s just that he wanted to ease the heavy feeling on his chest.

                “I don’t see the similarities.  Mind explaining Sir?” –Yoona replied in a dominant voice.

“Why don’t you figure it out? I am too lazy to explain things at this moment.” –Baekhyun denied before putting his hands behind his head then he closed his eyes to relax.

                “Nah. I am too tired to think of it. Better to leave it off that way.” –Yoona replied while still looking at the moon.

Baekhyun didn’t respond to give them a moment of silence.
Yoona didn’t say anything as well and she looked up to view the brightness of the moon above the night sky. She wanted to ask so many questions at Baekhyun but she decided to shut off instead.

How weak the moon is? That’s so stupid and a depressing question. Does that bastard suffering from depression or something? Yoona just talked in her mind so that Baekhyun wouldn’t get interrupted from absorbing the silence.

Well, it’s good to know that he knows something about the moon. At least, I do not feel alone now. Yoona talked through her mind again.

“So how did you reach this place? You’re on my own property by the way.” –Baekhyun opened a new conversation again.

                Yoona frowned. “I lost my way. Your property? Oh better sure you can show me a document as a proof. Hmp.” –Yoona said in disbelief. 

“Poor you. You lost your way.” –Baekhyun said, intending to annoy her.

                Yoona scoffed in disbelief and she opened her eyes. “Okay. Thank you very much.”

“Poor you.” –Baekhyun insulted once again.

                Yoona frowned more. “Hey! That’s too much! Can you please stop?” –she rebuked.

“Why are you getting mad? Guilty?” –Baekhyun asked in a nice way.

                I hate this man. “Fine.” –she shortly answered before huffing. 

“Okay.”

                “Okay.” –Yoona shortly replied back.

“Yeah.”

                “Hm” –she said.

“Hm.” –Baekhyun replied back shortly.

                “Can I ask something serious? If you don’t mind?” –Yoona dared to get through her real motive.

Baekhyun didn’t think for any second and answered back. “Go. Ask it.” –he said.

                Yoona still doubted and she took a deep breath before asking. “So... tell me the reason why you need to uhm kill that student?” –she asked and immediately closed her eyes, anticipating for any undesirable response from Baekhyun.

Baekhyun laughed and opened his eyes before looking sideward. “Oh! So you were the girl who ruined my life.  I want to say thank you for what you have done last time. I really appreciate it.” –he said sarcastically.

                Yoona frowned, opened her eyes in a fury. “You permitted me to ask a serious one then all I would receive is a sarcastic answer? Funny. Ha. Ha. Ha.” –she complained.

Baekhyun smiled inwardly. “But I didn’t promise that I will properly answer your question.” –he argued.

                “Smart .” –Yoona ended the conversation. 

Baekhyun only laughed and rested his head against the tree.

                Yoona rolled her eyes and also leaned her head against the tree.  “So..You’re like the bounty hunter guy or secret assassin of whatsoever group?” –she opened a new topic.

Baekhyun laughed sarcastically. “So you’re like the female version of Robin Hood? Being crowned as the serial murderer of all time? Oh come on, give me some excitement on your answer!” –he replied back.

                Yoona scoffed annoyingly and she crossed her arms. “Wow! You don’t know the whole story. I am not a murderer. I didn’t kill my family.” –she defended.

“Why are you being so defensive?” –he said.

                “You don’t understand. I have to defend my side. I am sick of my life living the sin I did not commit, hiding alone into abandoned buildings. I have no life.” –she argued back.

“I don’t understand. But this is all I can say, you have a life. What you are into now, is your life. People will keep on judging so you have to up on it till the last point of your breath. If you give up, you will lose the game. “ –Baekhyun uttered before looking sideward again.

                Yoona scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Who cares? I choose to defend myself. I want a happy and great life, you know!” –she argued back.

Baekhyun chuckled, enough for Yoona to hear it. “Society cares, young lady. Society cares.” –he insisted.

                “Well said. But society hates me. I am not part of them.” –Yoona still argued.

Baekhyun nodded in disbelief and looked sideward. “Whether we like it or not, we are still part of it.” –he said.

                What is he? He thinks so different than I. It’s pretty cool but really annoying. “Okay! Fine! You win.” –she said before rolling her eyes. 

“We are not playing though. How come I win?” –Baekhyun asked before chuckling.

                “Ahhh! Seriously? I am going insane here right now.” –Yoona messed her hair annoyingly and kicked her feet aimlessly. 

Baekhyun couldn’t help himself but to laugh. “So what’s your name?” –he finally opened a new topic to talk about.

                “Yoona. What’s your name?” –she asked.

“Baekhyun.” –he answered back shortly.