The Good and The Bad

Moon Meets Horizon


 

                Yoona turned back to face him and she crossed her arms. “And who the hell are you to kill someone’s life here? In school?” –she replied through a question as well.

Baekhyun scoffed with a fake smile to ease his anger. “Get out of my way!” –he said before starting to walk away from her.

This rude attitude of Baekhyun didn’t even make Yoona scared her. Rather, Yoona kept following behind while scolding him.

I don’t know why I am still following this person but it gives me the feeling that I need to do this. Yoona kept tailing behind. “Killing is bad, don’t you know that? ...Ugh! Can you please stop and talk to me? Hey!” –she almost yelled to annoy Baekhyun even more.

Well she never failed and she really made him felt really mad.

Baekhyun turned around with a ferocious eyes and he curled up his eyebrow, imposing that he was waiting for her to say all the things she wanted to say.

Yoona stopped walking as well and took a deep sigh while looking at him. “Just tell me why do you need to kill that guy? If you two have misunderstandings then it’s better to fix it together. Killing is bad. Stupid.” –she criticized.

                “Why do you need to know? I don’t even know you. And bull to that killing is bad whatsoever thing. I don’t care, okay? So stop following me. Go on your own. Leave me. Understand that? Bye.” –Baekhyun answered back immediately. He turned his back again and started treading his feet away from Yoona.

Yoona couldn’t help herself and she frowned as Baekhyun turned his back at her. “Pft. Why it is hard to please him?” –she whispered to herself while watching Baekhyun walking away.

Yoona yelled. “If you want to kill him then go, do it! But not in this school!” –she added.

Baekhyun didn’t respond verbally, rather, he just raised his middle fingers and waved it before completely walking out of the school gate.

Yoona didn’t expect his response.
Wow! That guy is really something. But I really wonder when did I meet him. His face seems so familiar to me. Hmp!

Yoona remained standing while her mind got so busy recalling her memories to identify Baekhyun’s face. Recalling and recalling.
Still her mind was on a heavy work to remember him.

Still recalling and... Damn! I already know him! this ! Ahh!. Yoona covered and gasped as she remembered something. Her heart suddenly thumped faster as the sting she got from the kiss summoned up again. 

This can’t be. That bastard? No way but... She looked at the gate and immediately ran towards it to catch Baekhyun.  But it’s too late for her to see the man again. She kept looking around to check if Baekhyun was there but she failed to spot him.

Darn! He’s gone. I am always late on things.

Yoona was left in the middle of the road, still looking around to check each way. She sighed and dropped down her shoulders in a disappointment manner.

“You should stop looking at him, Yoona. Aish, it’s better to go than wasting my time here for one person.” –she said to herself before walking away from the school gate.

12 NN / Main Park of the City

Chanyeol was sitting quietly on the bench when Baekhyun sat beside him out of the blue. He startled and almost fell at the sudden presence of Baekhyun beside him.

“You almost gave me a heart attack!”-Chanyeol complained before punching Baekhyun’s arm.

Baekhyun just laughed and putted the dagger on the space provided between them. Chanyeol frowned in confusion as he saw the dagger then he faced his friend.

“Oh, so what’s with this?” –he asked, still in confusion.

               Baekhyun leaned his back against the bench and he looked forward. “Oh come on dude. You are smart to be a dumb. Don’t you get it?” –he answered while looking at the kids playing at the playground.

“Oh! Don’t tell me...” –Chanyeol didn’t end his statement and he looked at Baekhyun, giving him the position to finish the statement.

                Baekhyun nodded in a dismayed manner and he looked at his friend. “Yes, I failed to kill Luhan.” –he announced.

Chanyeol widened his eyes and he shouted as the news gave him a surprise feeling. “What?! Why?! Just why Baekhyun?” –he asked surprisingly.

                Baekhyun sighed as he remembered how Yoona butted in his plans. “There’s this girl I met who butted in. I am so sorry.” –he ended his statement by apologizing.

Chanyeol clenched a fist to control his anger. “I knew this would happen!” –he scolded.

Baekhyun sighed and looked down his head while listening to his friend.

 “What are we going to do now, huh?” –Chanyeol started the conversation again while looking away, still depicting the disappointment from his lazy actions.

                “I will try to kill him later, after his class.” –Baekhyun shortly answered.

Chanyeol was about to respond when Sehun appeared in front then he quickly sat at the space available in between them. Chanyeol and Baekhyun quickly moved aside to give Sehun an enough space for him to sit down comfortably.

“It’s good to know that you are not late again. How are you guys?” –Sehun started out a new conversation and he put the bagpack on Chanyeol’s lap.

Baekhyun just watched them. Chanyeol held the bag carefully and he looked back at Sehun. “Fine. Are these all the things we needed to deliver?” –he confirmed.

Sehun nodded his head then he leaned his back against the seat. “That’s all.  Anyways, the date of payment is getting nearer. What are you guys planning to do about it? ” –he asked before looking at Baekhyun this time.

“I don’t know.” –Baekhyun shortly answered. I really don’t know.

                “Oh come on man, I am sure you have a long bucket list in your mind.” –Sehun argued.

Chanyeol barged in to save Baekhyun’s cold answer. “Maybe he doesn’t want to share it. Well me? If I get my payment for this year, I am planning to buy a new car.” –he said.

Sehun shifted his gaze at Chanyeol and he smiled. “That’s cool. If I get my payment, I will buy a condominium.” –he said excitedly.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol as well as Sehun and Tao received their compensation every once a year. Since their job was illegal, the minimum amount of money they could receive ranges from half a million to a million and the maximum one cost for about two million.

Sehun was one of their closest co-workers; he was the one who approached them when Baekhyun and Chanyeol freshly recruited on the group.

After several minutes, Sehun patted Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s laps before standing up. “I have to go now. I need to deliver the drugs to our other costumers. By the way, our boss needs to see Baekhyun. He didn’t say the reason.” –he said.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other in a surprised manner then they looked back at Sehun.

“Is it good or a bad thing?” –Baekhyun asked, still his eyes were widely opened.

Sehun just shrugged his shoulder. “I really don’t know. In my own perspective, I guess it is a good thing.  Ah! And by the way, Tiffany will meet you Chanyeol by 2 in the afternoon. Bye guys.” –he said before walking away.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun just watched Sehun leaving.

“Do you think it’s a good thing?” –Baekhyun asked, still worried of the sudden calling of their boss.

                    Chanyeol displayed a bright smile and he patted Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Come on dude. Good or bad, it will be fine.” –he said, trying to cheer up his friend.

“Right.” –Baekhyun answered so shortly. He nodded his head before breaking their eye contact.

                   Chanyeol smiled and punched his friend’s arm. “Oh come on! Baekhyun you are too strong to be getting eaten by negative vibes around you. Cheer up! Be a man! Or unless you are a gay?” –he teased to brighten up the mood.

“Stop it, it’s not funny Yeol. I don’t want to be complacent on everything. I have tried it once and I wouldn’t let myself to fall on the same thing over again. “ –Baekhyun said in a serious manner.

                “If you will take things seriously, it’s either you will get old or you will die. Just learn how to play with things. We are too young to enter the maturity age.” –Chanyeol said with a smile drawn on his lips.

“No Yeol. We are matured enough to handle kiddy stuffs.” –Baekhyun argued.

                “Age doesn’t define the maturity level of a person.” –Chanyeol argued back.

Baekhyun just shrugged his shoulder to end the mini argument then he looked away to calm himself.

                “Okay? So...aren’t you going to go and meet our boss? Like now?” –Chanyeol switched back the conversation to the real deal.

Baekhyun snapped his fingers and he quickly stood up. “Good idea.” –he shortly replied.

                “That’s the spirit. Let’s meet at this place later.” –Chanyeol said.

“See you.”

                “See you, Baekhyun.” –Chanyeol replied back.

Baekhyun took a deep breath then he turned his back and firmly walked away from his friend. Chanyeol smiled while watching Baekhyun. That’s right Baekhyun. Be strong no matter how drastic the storm is. He pulled out a stick of cigar and lighted it up to entertain himself while waiting at Tiffany.

Meanwhile, Yoona was quietly walking at the sidewalk to look for a clothing to wear. She was about to grab a pair of jeans and a white tee shirt when three men wearing a black tuxedo surrounded her.

“If you don’t want to make a commotion here, you will come with us safe and sound. Thank you.” – the man in front of her muttered.

Yoona looked at them and her heart thumped roughly. She was shocked at the sudden act being imposed on her. What is this? I need to find ways to escape. I’m in a big trouble.

“Sorry, I don’t talk to strangers.” –she said before stepping her foot forward.

But, the man quickly grabbed her arm to stop her. “Then I guess we need to take you forcefully.”

                “What the—“ Yoona blinked her eyes as the other two held her other arm and shoulder.

“Let me off! Let...” –she stopped when a lady barged inside the circle and she aggressively threw her arm around Yoona’s neck.

This lady was named as Sunny Lee.

                  “Oops! This girl is working under my management. Any sort of actions towards this lady should come first to me. So what’s the problem here?” –Sunny said in dominance then she showed off her wrist, exposing a tattoo of a devil’s face on it.

Yoona and the other three men got surprised on what they perceived. What does that tattoo signifies? Yoona asked herself while watching Sunny shooing the men away.

The men in black tuxedos quickly bowed their heads while apologetically and they immediately walked away. Sunny laughed while watching them running away. She looked at Yoona as she unwrapped her arm from the neck. “Are you fine honey? Those bastards are kidnapping women recently. Good thing I saved one life today. Hi! I am Sunny Lee.” –she cheerfully introduced herself before letting out her hand.

Yoona kept eyeing the tattoo on Sunny’s wrist.  She weakly grabbed the hand and shook it lightly. “Thanks for saving me, Sunny. I am Yoona.” –she replied.

Sunny chuckled as she noticed Yoona looking at the tattoo on her wrist. “Nice to meet you pretty lady. Well this tattoo represents a clan on this place.” –she uttered.

                “A clan?” –Yoona said in a doubtful tone.

“Yes, a clan. So tell me, how did you locate this place? You are trespassing by the way. This place is only limited for the members of our clan.” –Sunny finally revealed her motive in a nice way.

                “Ah, I am really sorry. I am not aware of that. I am just here to find a nice clothing to wear for this day. I am really sorry. I will definitely leave after we talked. I promise. I hope I won’t get punished by that.” –she quickly apologized as fear summoned up in her.

Sunny chuckled and patted Yoona’s shoulder. “You are funny. We do not punish innocent people. I can see, you have no money to buy so...” –she stopped talking before turning her back to grab a pair of jeans and a white printed tee shirt of snoopy dog.

“You don’t have to steal. Take this as a gift and leave the place, understand?” –Sunny tossed the clothes to Yoona.

                “Th..thank you. I will really go back here to pay for these clothes. Thank you again.” –Yoona felt grateful and she couldn’t stop thanking Sunny.

Sunny chuckled once again. “I said it’s a gift. You don’t have to pay for it.” –she said before chuckling.

Yoona looked at the clothes and she pressed it on her cheeks, feeling the softness of the clothes that it could bring. She smiled cheekily because it’s her first time to wear expensive clothing that she didn’t steal. Sunny smiled and shook her head before walking away from Yoona.

An old woman suddenly approached her, giving out two sets of undergarments. Yoona quickly bowed her head towards the old woman before getting the undergarments.

“Thank you very much.”  Yoona felt really delightful at the unexpected blessings that she received for the day.

On the other hand..

Baekhyun was standing in the middle of the circle of men with Kwon Ji-yong sitting on a wooden chair across him

“I heard that you failed your mission” –he asked in a monotone voice.

Baekhyun only nodded his head as a response.

                “Okay let me say this to you frankly.. If it isn’t for Chanyeol, I will not hire you in my group. I doubt your skills before and much more likely I got disappointed at your performance just now. Now tell me, should I fire you out of my group or what? Tell me. I am giving you the authority to decide.” –Ji-yong uttered still on a monotone voice.

Baekhyun pinned his eyes on the floor to hide the pain he was having. He took a deep breath before tilting up his head to face Ji-yong.

“I am aware that my skills aren’t good enough to be a part of this team but since you gave me an opportunity, let me abuse it for the meantime. I want to stay on the group.” –Baekhyun answered bravely, he clenched a fist to control his fear.

                “Give me reasons why you want to stay in the equation?” –Ji-yong asked.

“Because I am certain that I will perform better on the future.” –Baekhyun made a stand on his self.

Ji-yong smirked while looking straight at Baekhyun’s eyes. He tossed a brown envelop to Baekhyun before crossing his legs in dominance.

                 “Then I am giving you another mission only exclusive for you. Don’t disappoint me. Move your out now.” –Ji-yong ordered before standing up.

                 “And by the way, you have to do the mission alone. Let Chanyeol knows and I will ask these men to end your life without any second thoughts. Do you clearly understand that?” –he added.

Baekhyun gave a firm nod and he shortly answered. –“Yes.”

                Ji-yong looked at Baekhyun once again and he nodded. “Good. You’re dismissed.” –he said before turning his back.

Xxx