Prologue

Moon Meets Horizon


Prologue:

“I wonder how weak the moon is?” Baekhyun abruptly uttered while mopping the bloody floor.

                Chanyeol stopped dragging the dead body and he looked at him while holding back his laughter. “Oh come on! It’s not the right time for that. We should move faster before the cops discovered this.” – he ended before dragging back the dead body outside the room.

Baekhyun was aware of Chanyeol’s response. He just sighed before tilting his head towards the window and a large red moon popped into his eyes.  A smile followed next it’s as if the moon relieved the uncomfortable feeling he was having.

It was eleven o’clock in the evening when Chanyeol and Baekhyun fully cleaned up the place, leaving no possible evidence that could be found. They packed up their stuffs and walked outside the wooden house.

Baekhyun still couldn’t resist looking at the moon while approaching the pickup truck. Meanwhile, Chanyeol lighted up a cigarette before tossing the travel bag at the open back part of the vehicle. He got startled as he saw Baekhyun abruptly hopped on the open air trunk. Without even saying, Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun was about to mesmerize the pretty creatures in the sky once again so he didn’t bother asking and he threw himself inside the truck.

The night turned out as simple as that for both youngsters but not to this lady named Yoona.
She was lurking at her entire life.

Living the sin that she didn’t want to have;
killing her existence that she didn’t want to have.

She was wearing a simple jeans and a plain white tee shirt on that night being partnered by a cookie monster design high-cut sneakers. Her feet were toddling at the dark corner of the streets to lessen the exposure of her face from the crowd. Reaching an abandoned gas station with a little life of convenience store beside it, Yoona crashed inside and located the snack section without haste. Suddenly, she looked up to check the time on the wall clock.

     “It’s already midnight. I need to eat something.” –she talked to herself before grabbing a pack of crackers.

On the same time, a pickup truck was hurriedly park in front of the convenience store. Baekhyun from the back part of the truck quickly jumped off and he hastily run inside with his hands covering his groin and his body was curling a bit like a ball. Reaching inside the place, he scanned his sight around while jumping like a frog.

“Uh...uh..where is the cr?” –he asked and the old woman immediately pointed out her index finger at his left.

Baekhyun looked at where the old woman was pointing and a feeling of relief slowly summoned up. “Thanks!” – he added happily before approaching the c.r. like a penguin.

Meanwhile...

Yoona was eavesdropping while sulking at a corner. Her hands were trembling as it was being evident on how she the pack of the snack. She hugged her knees and leaned her forehead on it while waiting for the man to left the place.

She has this kind of social withdrawal since her childhood when she received blames from her neighbours; blaming that she murdered her family. No one knows the real story but only her self...
her only self.

     Yoona gasped as she heard a loud siren coming from the outside. Oh no! The cops! I need to escape.

She was panicking at that time and the intensity heated up as the cops walked inside. The timing was perfect when she saw Baekhyun walking out the rest room. Yoona dropped the snack she was holding then she stood up as she was preparing her body for something. Her eyes were still pinning at him and she started to run.

     Darn! I hate this but... Yoona threw her hands around Baekhyun’s neck then she leaned her face closer intending to crash her lips on him. The scene was so fast that Baekhyun only left dumbfounded being kissed by a girl...not just to his cheek but to his lips.

The cops and the old woman caught the act; as they were feeling each other breaths on their mouths. These cops only shook their heads with a smile drawn to their faces before walking out the place, leaving the old woman witnessed the whole thing.

A spark was suddenly ignited.

Yoona was about to let go when Baekhyun locked his arms around her waist. She quickly pressed her hands on his chest to leave a tiny space between them. As much as she wanted to let go but Baekhyun didn’t permit to. Both of them shared a minute of kiss; nibbling each other lips like a hungry wolf, feeling the current flow of stings along their spines, catching their breaths on their sinful mouths and though their tongues were tamed at that time but the tip of their nose kept battling at each other.

It seems like time froze to share its sympathy towards their craving hearts.  As the temptation faded, reality came forward.

Baekhyun immediately pulled back his lips, leaving his forehead resting against hers and his nose still along hers. Yoona couldn’t even open her eyes as she felt the fondness of the kiss. Rather, she pressed her fingers on the back of his head and she caressed it lightly.

Baekhyun was wanting for more when he heard the honk of the car outside the store. Leaving no choice but to put an endpoint on the pleasure he received. He pulled back himself and quickly turned his back before running outside the place.

Yoona quickly opened her eyes to take a glimpse of his face but it was too late when the truck completely drove away in a flash.

Inside the truck...

Baekhyun was looking outside the window with a smile hanging on his face; unconsciously letting his fingers caressed his lips while reminiscing the kiss. Chanyeol caught him and he smiled while driving.

“I forgot the last time when you showed that idiotic kind of behavior.” –he teased.

                Baekhyun laughed, still looking outside the window. “You didn’t understand me. The kisses I had before with my former girlfriends were different from what I experienced a while ago. I will consider this as my first kiss.” –he answered back positively.

Chanyeol laughed while shaking his head. “Ah...the tenderest kiss you ever had. I get that.” –he teased more.

Baekhyun just ended the conversation with a laugh to retain the good vibes he was feeling. Silence took over the place and Chanyeol was not used to it, so he started a new conversation again.

“By the way, boss sent an email earlier when you’re on your happy land.” –he teased Baekhyun again as he opened a new topic to talk about.

                “Yah! Stop teasing! About the email, what did he say?” –Baekhyun asked, still looking on the scenery outside the window.

“Well, we need to settle a schedule to Sehun again. You know, delivering drugs and such. We will going to pick up the bag from Sehun after lunch.” –Chanyeol explained.

                “Same time, same place huh?” – Baekhyun replied.

Chanyeol nodded firmly. “Yup. Same time, same place.” – he said.

                Baekhyun smiled mischievously and smirked before looking at his great friend. “But I really wonder how weak the moon is.” –he uttered to .

Chanyeol crumpled his face and shook his head in a deadpan manner. “Seriously?” –he said. A moment of silence was established between them until they laughed out loud together.

 

xxx