Going pt. 2

A Fool In Love

Kim Seokjin entered the library a few minutes after the final bell rang. The large room was clear of students (most likely pushed out by the librarian because of the meeting) . The head coach was there, ruffling through stacks of papers and organizing them neatly into piles. Jin walked over to the coach and bowed a greeting before moving to sit near the man.

“ Afternoon Seokjin.  Excited for the new season?" The coach looked up from the papers to greet the senior.

" Yes sir. I'm hoping to get scouted for university," Jin informed.

" Well that's good. With your skills there's no doubt in my mind. Let's make this a great year then."

" Yes coach."

Before long more students trickled in. Seokjin recognized most of them from the previous seasons. The ones he didn't he assumed were freshmen. In fact, he had been in the middle of talking to one of his friends from the team (Min Yoongi), when a gloomy Park Jimin walked past him with two students that Jin did not recognize. The  first one had light blonde hair and a wide square smile on his face. Seokjin's eyes widened as he actually recognized the boy. Kim Taehyung,  three years his junior and two grades beneath him. Seokjin had once had a brief encounter with the younger when he was a shy middle schoolers  with black hair. He had heard many stories about the younger since then.The other boy was a tall, black haired freshman that trailed shyly behind the two. He recognized him as Hoseok's little brother. 

The boys went to sit near the back and Jin refocused his attention to the front. He saw Hoseok enter with Namjoon. The older walked over to sit with Jin while Hoseok went to the back, presumably to speak with his brother. Eventually he came back, sitting next to Yoongi just before the coach called everyone to attention. 

Coach Choi started his usual spiel, volunteering Yoongi and Jin to pass out packets.  Jin had used this time to size up the new recruits. Seeing how most were just freshmen, Jin could tell some needed work. Soon enough Jin reached Jimin and his underclassmen friend. The younger gave him a shy but excited smile. Jin nodded at the other out of courtesy.  He simply dropped the packet on Jimin's head with a smirk and exhale of breath that might have been considered a laugh. Quickly walking past the disgruntled defender, Jin sided between two chairs to reach the boy sitting behind Jimin. Taehyung looked up and met eyes with Jin. When their eyes met, both boys froze. Jin found himself caught in the blonde's gaze.

Jin let himself take in Taehyung's features. Black lined eyes stared back at him, widened as if in awe. He had a cute nose situated above plump, pink lips that parted slightly to complete the look of awe on the boy's face. Pink dusted Taehyung's cheeks and Jin fought the same fate. He was mesmerized but tried not to show it.

The spell was only broken when Jimin looked up and said," Oh hyung. He's not join the team."

'Shame,' was Jin's first thought. 

He raised his eyebrow in question,  silently hoping the boy would negate the statement. When he made no move Jin simply turned to walk away.

"A-ah, wait! "

It was like the voice of angel, albeit deeper than Jin imagined.

"I...uh...I am. Joining, uh...yeah."

And that's probably when Jin's life turned upside-down. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NOTE:

Short because I wanted to update and I had this idea for Jin's pov...so yeah. Practice starts next chapter. Sorry that it's been forever. I'm trying. Someone message me like everyday and tell me to write. I'm so serious. I'll write you a one shot or something if you do that for an entire month. Love you guys!