005

UNEXPECTED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Annyeonghasaeyo," Youngji did a 90 degree bow. She fixed her hair a little and bowed one more time. "I'm Youngji." She smiled, nervously.

 

"Youngji-ah, morning! It was nice meeting you." Mrs. Wang said as she gestured Youngji to sit in front of her. She was having breakfast when Youngji went downstairs just now.

 

"Morning." Youngji smiled again, feeling extremely awkward. She took a seat. "Er," she hesitated, "i'm sorry if this is rude but.... where is Jackson anyway?"

 

Mrs Wang smiled a little, "he's at the front yard---- oh, there he is." She looked up at the front door, signaling Jackson was coming towards them.

 

"Morning, Youngji-ah!" Jackson patted her head as he sat down next to her.

 

"Morning," Youngji glared at Jackson and glanced at Mrs Wang as she rubbed her neck.

 

"Anyway, this is my omma. Omma, this is Youngji." Jackson took a bread and put it on a plate in front of Youngji. He mouthed an "eat" to Youngji.

 

Youngji just nodded slightly.

 

"I know, i saw her sleeping on the coach yesterday, remember?" Mrs Wang chuckled, making Youngji feeling all embarrassed. Her eyes went wide. She was pouring tea for Youngji.

 

"Ah.... I'm sorry I fall asleep," she scratched her head, "I didn't even greet you yesterday. Sorry Mrs. Wang." Youngji bowed her head guiltily.

 

"It's okay. And what's with Mrs. Wang, you can call me auntie, don't be so formal, Youngji-ah. You can even call me mom!"

 

That make Youngji choked on her drink. Jackson quickly handed her a tissue.

 

"Yes, ahjumma." She smiled again.

 

"So, what's going on between you two? Any special relationship?" Mrs Wang asked curiously, she was excited seeing her son brought back a girl.

 

Youngji choked once again, she quickly denied it by shaking her head furiously.

 

"She's my girlfriend," jackson laughed.

 

"Yah!" Youngji glared at her, "ahni-ag (no) ahjumma, I'm not. We are just friend."

 

"Oh, so now I'm finally your friend?" Jackson looked at her, wanting an answer. That earned an elbow from Youngji.

 

Mrs Wang just chuckled seeing both of them. 'What a cute sight!'

 

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

 

 

"Should we go somewhere first before i take you home?" Jackson said while he drove the car. He glanced slightly at Youngji who was sitting next to him.

 

"I want to go home." Youngji didn't even look at him.

 

"What if we go to Myeongdong?"

 

"I want to go home." Youngji crossed her arms.

 

"Are you still mad?"

 

Youngji looked outside the window, didn't bother to answer.

 

"Yah, look at me." Jackson peeked a little at Youngji.

 

Slient.

 

"Youngji-ah-"

 

"Shut up and take me home."

 

"You look like a mad girlfriend," jackson chuckled.

 

"Yah!" Youngji smacked Jackson head.

 

"It's true right. Then why are you being like this? Being grumpy and mad. You know i was just kidding just now." He said while rubbing the spotted that Youngji hit.

 

"It's not funny!" She glared at him, "and what with this cloth? It makes your mom misunderstood us!"

 

"I just lend it to you because you didn't have any spare cloth. What's the big deal?"

 

Flashback;

 

"Ahjumma," Youngji walked towards the kitchen. "Thank you for letting me stay here," she bowed, "I'm going to go home now," she bowed once again with her pretty smile, showing her white teeth.

 

"Omo, omo. Isn't this Jackson cloth? Aye, just admit it, you guys are dating each other right?" Mrs Wang said right after Youngji stood up properly.

 

Youngji stuttered. She didn't know how to respond to that question.

 

'What are thinking youngji-ah! Deny it!' She screamed inwardly. She felt like strangling Jackson at that moment.

 

It was then Jackson came towards them and simply put an arm around Youngji shoulder, making Youngji felt like kicking him with all her strength. But of course she couldn't, not in front of Mrs. Wang.

 

"Mummy, don't give her a hard time," he laughed, looking at Youngji almost-angry face.

 

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry. See you soon, Youngji-ah! Come by often, o?" She hugged Youngji all of a sudden, making Youngji stiffened. Youngji then slowly hugged her back, warm-feeling spread in her heart.

 

Jackson smiled at the sight of the two.

 

"We will be going first, annyeong omma!" He kissed Mrs. Wang cheek and grabbed Youngji's wrist, pulling her towards his car.

 

End of flashback.

 

"It still made your mom misunderstood. I don't like it!" She pouted.

 

"Why are you so mad about that thing? Do you actually like me or something?"

 

"Yah!" Youngji yelled, eyes glaring at Jackson.

 

"okay kidding, sorry."

 

"I'm mad too, because you lie to me."

 

"About what?"

 

"You actually have car yesterday night right?" she crossed her arm.

 

"oh... er." Jackson scratched his head, trying to find some excuse.

 

"You lie right?"

 

"It was late, okay? Don't you feel scare being in the car in the car with a man--"

 

"Yah! ert."

 

"Nah, whatever. You are going to New Zealand right?" Jackson changed the topic, not wanting to argue with Youngji.

 

"Ah, yes. The day after tomorrow."

 

"Should we make some memories before you go?"

 

"Why should i?" Youngji looked at him.

 

Jackson stayed silent until they stopped at the traffic light.

 

He turned to look at Youngji, "So that you won't forget about me," he smiled.

 

His voice sounded so sincere that it made Youngji stunned. 'We are just friend right? It is okay to hang out together, right?'

 

"It's not like I can say no right? You are the one who drive after all."

 

Okay, now, that's made Jackson stunned, he isn't dreaming, right?

 

"Are you sure? Seriously?"

 

Youngji nodded, and quickly turned to look at the window.

 

"Jjang!" Jackson, feeling all excited, grabbed Youngji hand and squeezed it before he let go and continued driving, with a smile plastered on his face.

 

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

 

 

"We've arrived!" Jackson exclaimed excitedly, still feeling giddy over the fact that he was going out with Youngji.

 

"I know," Youngji unbuckled her seatbelt. She took a look at her surrounding, which was full with car and people walking around.

 

"Then what are you waiting for? Let's go." Jackson took off his sunglasses and get off from the car, still with a smile on his face.

 

Seeing Youngji still seating in the car, he bent down a little and said, "yah, hurry up! Do you expect me to open your door for you?"

 

That received a stern glare from Youngji, 'dumb.' She gritted her teeth, 'why did I agree in the first place? Seriously.'

 

"Alright, alright. Sorry princess," he walked towards Youngji's side and opened the door, grinning like a fool.

 

Youngji made a face, feeling irritated. She was fixing her hair actually, and that guy was, yeah talking nonsense.

 

"Stop with fixing your hair, your ponytail looks pretty already."

 

"Shut up." and Youngji get off from the car.

 

Youngji immediately walked straight ahead, didn't even bother to close the door. She just walked without Jackson being on her side. She had been so familiar with this place.

 

"Yah! Where are you heading to? It should be this way!"

 

Okay, maybe not that familiar. Whatever. She stood there, trying to find a reasonable excuse. 'Duh youngji-ah!'

 

Jackson slowly walked towards her. He stopped right behind Youngji. "You," he lifted up his hands and placed both of it on Youngji shoulder, turning Youngji towards the correct direction, "Should be more careful."

 

Hands still on her shoulder, "who are going to take care of you in New Zealand later?"

 

Youngji stiffened.

 

"I can take care of myself. I was just playing around with you."

 

"N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter