004

UNEXPECTED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a windy weekend. Youngji decided to take a walk to ease her mind. She shouldn't be having all these thoughts right now, not when she's going to leave this town soon. She should be making some memories before she go to New Zealand, but looks what she's doing? Being bother by all these thoughts.

                                                                                            

 

Youngji put both of her hands in her jacket pocket. She was wandering alone on the busy street. She knew Nana must be worrying about her because her phone wouldn't stop ringing, but she just want to be alone, clearing her mind. That was also why she didn't bother to bring her phone with her.

 

Youngji walked into a coffee shop, buying herself a cup of hot chocolate as the weather was getting cooler. She then continued walking outside while sipping her hot chocolate once in a while.

 

'I'm going to miss doing this,' Youngji thought as she strolled around the road.

 

Suddenly, Youngji felt some liquid---water hitting her head. "Rain?" She looked up at the sky while her hand covering her head. 'I will get sick if I walk in the rain, i should go home now.'

 

So youngji dumped her hot chocolate in a dustbin bin and took bigger steps, but then all of sudden, the rain was pouring heavily. It was raining heavily. People around her were all busy making their way into the sideway shop, or atleast somewhere with roof. It was same for Youngji as well.

 

Thinking that she might as well find a shoe, she ran into a shoes shop. Her clothes were all wet. She was freezing. As she entered the shop, she stood in front of the door, hands hugging her body, hoping the coldness will go away. There was a heater there. She wanted to dry her clothes.

 

 

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

 

 

 

Jackson turned around towards the door and noticed that it was raining. As he looked at the raindrops by the window, he smiled slightly. "Luck must be with me."

 

It was then he noticed a girl running into the shop and he couldn't help but smile wider.

 

 

 

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

 

 

 

 

Youngji took a glance at the outside, it was still raining heavily and it didn't look like it was going to stop anytime soon. Sighing, she decided to take a look at the shoes, maybe she could buy one.

 

She looked through the shoes and she spotted one that matched her taste. She took it and put it down on the floor, wanting to try it but unfortunately, it didn't fit because it wasn't her size. Lifting up the shoe, her head wandered around the shop to find one of the employees.

 

That was went her eyes caught a glimpse of the last person she want to meet right now, yes, Jackson. He was standing right infront of her, a few metres away with his back facing her. The shoe that she was holding dropped instantly and the sound of the shoe-hitting-the-floor attracted Jackson's attention as he switched his body to face the source of the sound.

 

And that was how he caught Youngji's eyes.

 

'Just why did i do to meet him here, seriously.' Youngji was walking backwards, eyes still on Jackson. She couldn't pry her eyes off Jackson shocked face. He was looking so confused yet adorable with that frown.

 

'Yah, Heo Youngji, what are you thinking?' Youngji shook her head a little. She widened her eyes as she saw Jackson walking towards her.

 

She groaned, frustrated with the fact that she was seeing him once again.

 

"Back off! Please!" Youngji pleaded.

 

"What?" Jackson formed an 'O' with his mouth but that didn't make him stop walking. In fact, he had quickens his step.

 

She took a look outside, it was still raining. Then she turned to look at her front, Jackson was nearer.

 

Youngji sighed once last time before she sprinted out of the shop.

 

 

 

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

 

 

 

Jackson stood still, frowning, eyes following Youngji that was running away from him. He looked to his left and saw a male employee wearing an exact same expression as him, confused with Youngji's behavior. But then that guy turned his head towards Jackson and give him an un-amusing look.

 

"Hey! Don't misjudge me okay. I didn't do anything to her," Jackson shook his hands but that guy was still with his un-amuses face, the face that shown what-are-you-doing-standing-there-instead-of-chasing-after-that-girl look.

 

"Aish, alright, alright. Do you perhaps have any umbrella?"

 

 

 

 

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

 

 

 

Youngji was running, aimlessly. She was running with her head kept looking back, wondering if Jackson was running after her. She didn't know why she was running away from him either. What she knew is that Jackson was not someone she should befriend, well maybe not at that moment.

 

Her almost dry clothes were wet again. She didn't care about the rain or getting sick, all she knew was she had to run away from that guy. She turned her head back again and she noticed a figure coming towards her. Due to the heavy rain, it was hard to recognize that face but she knew, it was Jackson.

 

YoungJi ran even faster, with her head kept looking backward. Suddenly, she felt like she was bumping into something hard. She groaned a little as she turned to face her front and realize that it was someone, taller and bigger than her, staring into her eyes. She noticed that he was holding a cup, and his clothes were drained with dark chocolate liquid. "Oh my god, did i do that?" She backed away so fast that she might fall down.

 

She grinned apologetically towards that huge guy, head kept nodding guiltily as she backed away slowly. That guy was giving him a stern look. It must be some kind of bad day for that guy. He looked like he wanted to eat Youngji at that moment.

 

"I'm really sorry." She nodded once again, "but I have to go now."

 

"Where do you think you are going after all this mess you have done, hah?" That guy yelled at her. He threw away the cup he was holding before he walked towards Youngji direction.

 

As that guy took a step forwards, Youngji took a step backwards. She was thinking of a way to escape as she backed away, slowly. Luck must not be on her side when suddenly Youngji's back hit something else. It was someone else's body. She turned her head a little and guess who? Yes, who else could it be. It was Jackson!

 

She was so shocked that she immediately turned to her left and ran in a random direction. She didn't even realize she was running towards the road, not until she saw a motorcycle coming towards her.

 

"Youngji-ah, careful!"

 

That was all she heard before she felt a tight grip on her wrist, pulling her close and then she was already wrapped into a warm, tight hug. It was happening so fast. Jackson was rubbing her back without saying anything.

 

She didn't know why, but then it happened again. The weird feeling. Her heart was pounding so fast again. 'What is this feeling, seriously?'

 

After a few seconds being in that position, Youngji finally managed to calm herself. Realizing what she did wasn't exactly something she should be doing right now, she pushed Jackson away with all her strength.

 

Jackson was shocked at first, but then seeing Youngji all wet and confused, he smiled at her. He took off his snapback and put in on Youngji's head.

 

Youngji's eyes softened for a while by his action.

 

"You might be having fever running around in this rain, you know."

 

Youngji blinked her eyes, 'can you please not,' she sighed inwardly.

 

"You," she looked up at him. Her eyes was teary. She was hoping Jackson won't notice it. Luckily it was still raining. 

 

"Stay away from me!"

 

Jackson gave her a straight face.

 

"i'm not even following you."

 

"What did you mean, you are not following me? You are everywhere i go. Today is like the forth day we met. Do you think this is some kind of coincidence?"

 

"Well, who knows?" Jackson raised his eyebrows.

 

"What? Coincidence? That only happened in drama, seriously! I don't know what you want but please, stay away from me."

 

"It's not my fault that we keep meeting like this. What's so wrong with being friends?"

 

Their argument was gaining the attention of people at the nearby bus stop. Well, who will be fighting in the middle of the rain?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter