003

UNEXPECTED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngji sprinted out of her house. She was already 30 minutes late. With her messy hair and untied shoes, Youngji ran as fast as she can towards the coffee shop. Her right hand was busy holding her own phone on her right ear, Nana was on the other line.

 

"I'll be there soon, wait for me okay!"

 

Youngji could heard Nana's blabbering non-stop. Lucky for her, the shop was not that far from her house. Youngji sighed relievedly once she saw the sign of the coffee shop. Before she open the door, she stood straight in front of it and fixed her messy hair a little. She brushed off some dust from her clothes and pushed the door.

 

Youngji could already spotted her friends. She walked slowly towards them and bowed immediately. "I'm really sorry! I overslept," she scratched her head, feeling guilty.

 

"It's okay. Sit." Hara said while she patted the chair next to her. Youngji nodded and went to sit. She was sitting in between Nana and Hara. She lifted up her head to take a look at her friends' face, wanting to know who actually come to her 'farewell' party.

 

Nana, Hara, Gyuri, Minwoo, Kangjoon-----

 

That was when she spotted Jackson sitting beside Kangjoon, eyes on her with that teasing smile of him.

 

Youngji stuttered a bit but she managed to ask, "w-w-what are you doing here?"

 

Jackson looked around and then pointed a finger at himself, "me?"

 

Youngji nodded.

 

"Er-----,"

 

Kangjoon quickly interrupted their 'conversation'. "Jackson had nothing to do, so i thought it will be nice to take him here, so that he can meet new friends. Oh let's introduce him properly." Kangjoon looked at jackson and elbowed him. "Introduce yourself,".

 

Now, every eyes was on Jackson. He laughed shyly. "Well, annyeonghaseyo!" He bowed a little. "Nothing to tell about me, i'm jackson, just like how Kangjoon call me just now. It was nice meeting all of you," jackson eyes focused on Youngji.

 

"Eiii, tell us more about you!" Minwoo said.

 

"Well," he laughed again. "There's really nothing. Really." Jackson took a sip of his coffee.

 

"Yah! Don't give him a hard time." Nana glared at Minwoo. Eh?

 

Jackson laughed again. Youngji, as usual, expressionless. 'Just why should this guy be here and ruin my entire day? I just want to ease my mind but then, he's here again. Geez.' Youngji sighed, looking on her lap.

 

"Youngji-ah, don't you want to drink? Food?" Nana titled her head, facing youngji.

 

"Em should i?"

 

"Are you daydream or what?" Gyuri teased Youngji. Youngji looked so blank right now.

 

"Maybe....." Kangjoon looked at Youngji then Jackson, and then he laughed teasingly.

 

"Yah! Don't you dare said anything." Youngji glared at him. "I will buy a drink," youngji said as she stood up.

 

Youngji lined up in front of the counter. There were about three people in front of her. Her mind was filled up with that creepy book again. She sighed to herself, 'it's okay Youngji. 4more days only. Bear with everything okay!'.

 

As she waited, she took out her phone and played through it. She didn't have to wait for a long time, their service is awesome. The employee do things quickly. When it was her turn, she put back her phone in her pocket and took a look at the menu.

 

"An americano and a cheese cake, please."

 

"Here you go," the cashier said as he handed a cup of americano and a plate of cheese cake to her. "Enjoy your day!" With a bright smile, he finished his line, and gestured towards the other customer behind Youngji.

 

"I wish i could," she murmured. Thinking that the table was near. She didn't bother to take the tray.

 

She held the americano on her left hand, and the cheese cake on her right. Suddenly, her phone rang, the ringtones shown that it was her mom. It was so loud that it attracted the other customers.

 

"Oh my god, not now." Using her left hand, she pushed the americano in between her arm and waist, and moved the cake to her left palm. Her right hand was busy taking out her phone in her pocket.

 

And maybe the fate didn't side on her when suddenly a guy, who was talking on the phone bumped onto her, making her stumbled forward. She was ready to kiss the floor but then she felt someone grabbed her left wrist with a speed of light, avoiding her to fall. She stood there unsteadily. Her cup of americano had all spilled on the floor.

 

Her chest was up and down. Luckily, luckily. She stood properly to take a look at her helper. And dang! "Are you alright?" That voice, that so familiar voice----that she wished not to hear.

 

She slowly turned her head to face that guy, hoping it was not Jackson. But who is she to decide her fate. Of course it was him with that concern face, staring deeply into Youngji's eyes.

 

Realized that he was still grabbing onto youngji wrist, Youngji looked at him and nodded her head towards her hand. Jackson face shown "what?", so Youngji, not wanting to be rude, pulled her wrist slowly, making Jackson mouthed an O and pulled his hand away.

 

He rubbed his neck and mumbled out a "sorry,".

 

"Ah it's okay, thank you anyway," youngji smiled slightly, her smile didn't even reached her eyes. She was still confused wether it was fine to be close with Jackson or not. She should be extra careful okay.

 

"No problem. Your water is all spilled now. Should i buy you a new one? I think you should go and clean your cloth in the washroom?"

 

Youngji was still expressionless, blank, in her own world.

 

"Youngji?" Jackson shook his hand in front of Youngji's face.

 

"Oh, what? Oh, should i?" Youngji showed her blank expression again.

 

"Huh?" Jackson sounded confused.

 

"Ah i guess i should. Then, i will see you at the table later." Youngji scratched her head and headed to the washroom. On her way there, she knocked her head a few times, asking herself to focus.

 

 

 

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter