002

UNEXPECTED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngji felt like someone was standing behind her. She heard footsteps coming nearer. Youngji closed her eyes tight. 'Don't be him please, please, please,' she kept pleading inwardly, while she clasped both of hands. She was sweating right now. The footsteps was ever nearer than before. 

 

'Please, don't,'

 

Nearer.

 

'My god, please.' Youngji clenched her fist.

 

"Hey," it was a male's voice. 

 

Youngji flinched a little. Her heart was beating rapidly. 

 

"Don't come near me, please!" Youngji begged, eyes still close.

 

"Hey," that guy poked her shoulder. 

 

That made Youngji turned around so fast(so that she can run away from him). But then she realized it was not that guy. He was not wearing anything black, and that guy have a nametag, probably the bookstore's worker. 

 

"Is anything wrong, miss? I was just going to give you your phone. It fell down just now. I guess you didn't realize it." That guy asked, maybe, concerned of Youngji's expression. He handed over Youngji's phone. Youngji sighed relievedly, glad it was not that guy. 

 

"Ah nothing, thank you sir." Youngji bowed a little and took her phone, putting it in her pocket. 

 

"I will be going then, be careful!" Youngji thought the worker sound way too excited at that moment.

 

"Youngji-ah, are you alright? Why are you sweating? It's not even hot here." Nana was already standing beside Youngji, her hand was rubbing Youngji back, trying to calm Youngji down. 

 

"I'm fine. Let's just hurry up," youngji squeezed Nana's hand, reassured her that she is fine. She didn't want to make Nana worry.

 

She turned back towards the bookshelf. She rest both of her hand at the bookshelf, eyes on earth. She was still trying to calm herself down, 'it was not that guy. That book was a lie.' She keep reminding herself. After a few minutes, she was feeling a little bit better than before. Nana had gone to look for the novels. Youngji thought she should help Nana out. That way she could get out from here. 

 

So she slowly lifted up her head and, shoot. 

 

She spotted a pair of eyes staring straight into her eyes. To make it worse, that guy was smirking, an evil smirk.

 

Youngji didn't know why, but her instincts told her that, that guy was the one. The one that had been mention in that book. The guy that he will meet today. She was so shocked that she stumbled backwards as a reflex. Her hand quickly caught Nana's hand to avoid falling down.

 

"Yah! Why?" Nana helped Youngji to stand properly.

 

"Nana-ah, i feel like someone was following me. Someone keep staring at me. I'm scare... Ottoke?" Youngji was shivering. She held both of Nana's hand. She was scared okay. 

 

When Youngji bravely turned to look at the bookshelf, she saw that guy once again. He was still staring at her, and still wearing that smirk. Youngji was about to show that guy to Nana when a blonde hair male who was eating lolipop with an excited smile plastered on his lips, shouted, "Jackson-ah!" while putting his arm on that guy's shoulder. It made that guy---who Youngji believe his name was Jackson, turned to face that blonde hair male.

 

Youngji sighed, relieved that the guy wasn't staring at her anymore. 

 

"Nana, can we go quickly? I am really scare." youngji held Nana's hand tightly. She sure was scared. Her hands was still shivering and she was sweating.

 

"Then let's just pay this book and go home, okay?" Nana held up a book. She Youngji's hair gently, giving her some strength.

 

Youngji just nodded weakly. 'It's okay, i will go home soon. Don't think too much, Youngji-ah!'. 

 

When Nana was paying, Youngji stood alone at the outside of the store. She didn't want to be inside of the store, she might acidentally bumped into that guy.. Youngji clasped her hands, hoping Nana will be faster. She was looking down at her sneaker when she felt someone approaching her. Her heart was pounding loudly. 'Please don't come near me, please, please, please,' she pleaded inwardly.

 

"You have a cute laugh." a guy's voice. Youngji lifted up her head and, damnit, she can feel her heart beat louder. That guy. It was that guy in the book. It was really him. Black pants, black shirt and... a snapback. Youngji eyes went wide. She wanted to run but she couldn't. She just stood there, didn't move nor do anything else.

 

That guy- ok what is his name? Jack... Oh Jackson, chuckled a little bit. "Nice eyes," and then he walked away. 

 

Youngji just stared at the walking figure weirdly. When he was out of her sight, Youngji looked down again. 'How can everything happen exactly as the book stated?' Youngji sighed. 'Should i really trust that book?' She sighed once again. 

 

 

 

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

 

 

 

That night, before she went to bed, she decided to read the book again. The book was bothering her. She still thought that the book was, well nonsense. How can a book know everything so well? Funny? Hell no, it was creepy and scary okay. Putting the book on her lap, she took a deep breath. She then flipped to the third page.

 

Another date, two days after her birthday. 

 

"Today, you will go to buy some stuff at the shopping centre with Nana. You will eventually meet that guy again." 

 

'Why must i meet him? Seriously!' Youngji pouted, irritated. She pulled her hair. It was annoying that herself was starting to trust the book. Feeling stupid, she closed the book harshly and put it aside. She didn't even finish reading the whole page. She laid on her bed, pulling up the cover until it reached her shoulder. 

 

 

 

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

 

 

 

 

It was the second day after her birthday. Earlier that day, Nana had called her. Nana asked Youngji to accompany her to the shopping centre. She wanted to buy some stuff. She also said that Youngji can search for some clothes and things, college stuff. Well, she does have a few stuff to buy. 

 

But, how can she accept that request? Do you think she will really went to that shopping mall when the book----that creepy book told her that she was going to meet that guy, ok Jackson there? Of course not. But then who can say no to Nana? Nana kept pleading her, saying it was the last few days to be spend together before Youngji went abroad. Youngji sighed inwardly. Everything was bothering her. 

 

After thinking for awhile, she decided to go. She just can't think of any idea to decline Nana's request. She wanted to meet her anyway. 'Well, Nana was there so nothing will happen right?'. There was nobody at home too, she was kind of bored. 

 

She was already done getting ready. Wearing a thick long-sleeves shirt with a long black pants, she headed downstairs towards the shoe rack. She took out her sneakers, her new pair, the one that her parents bought for her. She bent down to wear the sneaker properly when her phone rang. 

 

Omma <3

 

"Omma? Why are you calling?" Youngji put the phone in between her ear and shoulder. Her hands was busy tying up her shoelaces. 

 

"Youngji ah!" Her mom sounded panic. 

 

"Yes, i am here. Why omma? Is anything wrong?" 

 

"Grandma.... Your grandma..." Youngji could heared her mom sniffles. 

 

"Omma, why?" She stood up immediately. 

 

"She is sick," a sobs. "Pack your thing, we are going to visit grandma." another sobs. "I will be home soon," another sobs.

 

"Alright mom. Don't cry, okay? She will be fine. I know she is. Okay?" Youngji ran upstairs.

 

She quickly sent a text to Nana, informing her that she couldn't make it. She apologized about two, three time. Nana will understand, hopefully. 

 

She took out the bag from her upper drawer and went to her closet. She took out some clothes and put it in her bag. She was worried about her grandmother. It had been a while since she met her. She was too busy studying. And now her grandmother was sick. Can you feel her guilty feeling?

 

"Grandma, stay strong!" She said to herself, hoping her grandma can hear it. Okay, it was imposibble. 

 

When she was packing up her stuff, she suddenly saw that mysterious book on her table. She didn't realize that she was smirking. 'Heol, i got you t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter