02

Lâ Cher
"Alright kids! Time to go home now!" Miyoung announced as she led the kids out of the classroom to line up accordingly before descending down the stairs slowly with them following her lead.
 
She went to the school gate as she greeted lovely mothers who came to pick up their child. A huge grin formed on her face automatically as she sent the kids home.
 
The school gate that was filled with boisterous laughters not long ago was now empty, leaving Miyoung alone. She breathed a huge sigh of relief, finally finished after a long day teaching at the school as her hand came to wipe the sweat forming on her forehead.
 

 
It was the fifth day of the week, which meant a night well spent with Sehun. But today, it was not happening. Because her boyfriend was in another country to sign deals and attend conferences. And that was certainly not surprising because Sehun was a busy boyfriend. Well of course he was. When you're the CEO of Korea's leading hotel group, then of course you were busy. There's probably no time to fool around, especially with your girlfriend. All you had to do was work, work, and work. Love matters aside.
 
That was Sehun.
 
But it was okay. Because she was Miyoung, and Miyoung always understood him.
 
"You understand me right?" He sometimes would ask.
"Of course." She would answer.
 
And despite those times he would come late to pick her up, despite those times he would cancel their special meetings, and despite those times he would forget to call her, it was okay because in the end, he was still the Sehun she first met. The Sehun who let her heart beat uncontrollably.
 
Just then, her phone rang. Her face lighted up upon seeing the dialer's name: Sehun.
 
Finally.
 
"Hello?" she spoke.
 
He didn't say a word but she could hear his calm breath over the phone. It was as if he was just there, standing beside her.
 
"I miss you,” he finally said after awhile. “I really, really, really miss you. And I’m sorry we couldn’t make it today. You forgive me right?" 
 
She smiled, her dissappoinment wearing off. "I don't know if I can forgive you. I'll think about that."
 
She could hear the other laugh at her remark.

"Where are you now?" Sehun asked.
 
"At my parents' house. I'm about to go home now," she answered. Her fingers came to fiddle with her car keys.
 
"I wish I was with you now. I'm sorry." He sighed.
 
“It’s okay, don't worry,” she sighed back.
 
“Let’s meet when I get back."
 
“Of course. I have to hang up now. Don't tire yourself and get some sleep."
 
She could hear him sigh again at the other line, as if dissappointed that she was the one deciding to end the conversation.
 
"I'll sleep and dream of you. See you...tomorrow?"

A vague smile graced her lips, "Of course."

"Drive safely."
 
"I will."
 
“I love you.”
“Me too."
 
And with that, their conversation ended.
 

 

"Let's drink Jongin!"
"No."
"But you can't let me drink alone!" Chanyeol pouted.
"Then don't drink." Jongin rolled his eyes as he wiped the tables and windows clean.
 
Jongin sighed. As much as he wanted to cut some slack off and drink, he simply couldn't because he had his sister waiting for him at home. He was responsible for his sister.
 
"I'll treat you," Chanyeol offered.
"I said no Yeol. And no means no."
"Just this time please?" Chanyeol begged with his puppy eyes as his arms came to cage Jongin tightly.
Jongin rolled his eyes.
"Fine, fine.” Chanyeol was just impossible. “But you owe me."
 
And off the two went.
 
Time flew past and without realizing it was already midnight.
 
Jongin ended up consuming alcohol more than he should. He had to admit though, it was good to relief all the stress that had been buried inside him. He couldn't pay their flat rent and barely paid his sister's school fee.
 
"Hey Kaiiiiiiii!! Where youu att?!!" Chanyeol slurred, his hands waving around to search for his mate.
Jongin scoffed before playfully shoving his arms away.
"But guess whatttt..."
Chanyeol's face turned serious all of a sudden and he glared at his friend before bursting out into laughter. "Y-You areee so dark I can't see you!! HAHAHA."
 
"S-shut up giant. Yewww better not talk .” Jongin hissed at him. 
 
The world was beginning to swirl around him and he couldn't form a clear image of his surroundings. But nevertheless he still enjoyed the poison liquid that was flowing through his veins.
 
"Drink!! You neeeeedddd murrr!" His friend grabbed another jug full of soju and brought it near to Jongin's mouth. His leg hit against the table sending the contents of the jug to pour out.

But instead, Chanyeol gulped the rest of the soju.
 
Jongin sank on his seat before shutting his eyes closed. He could smell the stinky stench of alcohol sticking on his sweaty skin and the world was like a merri-go-round right now. His body was aching and he realized just how tired he was.
 
He felt a vibration coming from his pocket. He reached out to grab his phone. He grumbled in annoyance.

"Who is thiss?" He answered impatiently.
The person at the other line did not respond.
Jongin twitched his eyebrows. His head was throbbing. "Just answer, who is this?!"
His tone shocking the person at the other end of the line.
"It's me Sumin...where are you? It's late. Are you going home?"
Jongin's eyes immediately shot open upon realizing who was the caller. Who was it? His sister? Oh right, his sister. His sister who was waiting for him at home. He totally forgot about his sister.
 
He slapped himself mentally.
 
His hands immediately searched for his keys and he clumsily jumped out of his seat.
"H-h-heey mateee! Wheeeere d’ya think yeeer goin’?" Chanyeol slurred, his arms reaching out for Jongin who left in his drunken state.
 
Jongin's legs wobbled, unable to support his weight with every step he took as he forced himself to search for his car. His hand reached for his pockets to find his keys.
 
He stumbled forward, his hands trying to find support. His head tried to recall his car flat number but it was as if his vessels were blocked, not letting any supply of blood to flow through his brain.
 
After what seemed like eternity, he finally found his car. And he drove home in his drunken state.
 

The pale moon shone over the city that night as Miyoung drove her car through the empty streets. The night was serene, without the occasional honking of engines wheezing by.
 
Miyoung her radio, letting the tune to flow into her ears. Her fingers unconsciously tapped on her steering wheel as she followed the beat of the music.
 
She drove at a slow, steady speed, passing the streetlamps that decorated the pavements. Her eyes focused on the road as she saw a large car approaching her from a distance. The car accelerated, moving at a rapid speed as it whirled around, changing lanes from left to right and then right to left. It then sharply drifted to the left and Miyoung realized at what was coming. The car was driving at her at its highest velocity. It was moving fast. Too fast.
 
Her eyes shot open upon realizing what was going to happen. There was no time to react. His car had already crashed hers, sending hers to tumble.
 
Metals clashed, glass shattered and the tires screeched. Miyoung’s body slammed forward against the steering wheel. Broken fragments of glass pierced through her white flesh. She heard her bones crack as her head slammed against the steering wheel. She screamed at the agonizing pain.
 
She couldn’t make out anything except for the pain in her head and the blood trickling out from her forehead. Her vision turned blurry.
 
Then the world turned black.
 
 

a/n: it took me so long to write this chapter and it turned out like crap. im sorry i couldn't write it  with suspense. because tbh i've never written any drunk scenes or car accidens. so i'm really sorry. please don't lose hope in this story! :)