01

Lâ Cher

After a blisteringly hot day, the sun had finally bid goodbye, welcoming the black, night sky.

 

Sehun was relieved that he could finally leave his office. His neck tie was beginning to suffocate him, sending beads of sweat to trickle down his forehead and his white shirt that hugged his body tightly was not helping him feel comfortable at all.

 

He rushed out of the tall, glass building hurrying towards his Mercedes Benz sedan parked across the street. 

 

The streets were bustling after a day's work, with the stinky stench of sweat hovering through the evening air. Heels clicked against the wide, concrete pavement and men in suits would hurry with their suitcases towards the bus honking.

 

Sehun roared his engine to life before speeding across the highway. He glanced at his watch before pressing the pedal even further. , the word slipped out of his tongue. He was already late and he hated being late. 

 

His convertible finally drove to a stop before his eyes landed on the girl sitting on the bench outside. Her hands were rubbing her shivering skin. His frown that was evident throughtout the day was now gone in a flash with the sight of Miyoung. He stepped out of his car window, before waving his arms at her.

 

"Miyoung-ah!" Sehun beamed, a huge grin decorating his lips. His cold usual self was flushed down immediately.

 

Miyoung was the only person he could be open with. And while it was difficult for others to even witness a smile forming on his face, with Miyoung, it was easy. He could be Sehun with her. The playful, warm Sehun, not the cold Sehun that was used to living up to everyone's expectations.

 

Like a gentleman, he gestured her to enter his car before driving off to the outskirts, away from the bustling and rustling of the metropolitan city.

 

I'm sorry I'm late. "How long did you wait?" he asked instead, hoping that he didn't make her wait too long.

 

"Just ten minutes," she answered. As usual, Miyoung was patient. Upon hearing her angelic voice, Sehun realized just how much he had missed them. It's been a week since they'd last met, with both busy working. Or rather him busy working.

 

They drove in silence, no words spoken as he interlaced his fingers into hers. Oh how they fitted the spaces in between perfectly. His lips couldn't resist a smile that lasted for god knows how long.

 

"It's so beautiful!" Miyoung chimed, mesmerized by the scenic, vivid view underneath when the car finally arrived at their destination. The skycrapers stood firmly, touching the skyline as the city night lights decorated the stretching roads. They were in the hills and everything was peaceful, the evening congestion left them with just the sound of the leaves rustling. Sehun could feel a sense of serenity flowing through his body, one that he barely felt the past few days, as he gazed at Miyoung, her presence illuminating the night.

 

"Uhuh," he replied coolly. Tonight, she dressed herself in a white blouse and a pastel pink skater skirt as the faint wind brushed against her long, brown curls. Again, she never failed to mesmerize him with her beauty. Though she was not the most beautiful or elegant, Miyoung was just Miyoung, and she was perfect to him in every possible way.

 

They both lied on the smooth grass, their arms side to side. A canopy of luminous stars freckled the sky, shimmering above them and illuminating the night. The atmosphere was simply in tune with Sehun's emotions. Calm and beautiful. The stress that had weighted on his shoulders were gone.

 

He turned his head to his left, only to be met by her features that were shining. His eyes traced her brown eyes that were sewed shut, then to her nose before landing to her lips that he yearned to kiss.

 

"Sehun?" a soft whisper entered his ears.

Sehun blinked out of his trance before answering. "Yeah?"

"It's sad isn't it?" she opened her eyes and secured them into his.

He waited for her to say another sentence.

"Just look at the stars. They're so beautiful and yet many fail to admire its presence."

He nodded, still admiring the curves and contours of her face.

"It's even more sad that this cruel world is making them disappear. And when they do, they'll mourn and regret."

Before he could answer, her lips parted once again.

 

"And the stars? Some of them are just like people. People who don't fit in society. We judge them with our selfish heart and fail to see how special they are. We don't see the light in them, Sehun. And when they leave, we regret. But by then it's already too late."

 

This was what he loved about Miyoung. She would always come up with short theories and speak them out to him that had deep, inextricable meanings. And tonight, he realized sometimes he was that cruel person who sometimes didn't see others' heart because simply he was too selfish, too arrogant, too cold. But he was not ashamed to admit it to Miyoung because he knew she would always hear him out, accepting him for whatever mistakes he did or imperfections he had.

 

"And sometimes I can be that cruel person with a selfish heart," he spoke those words.

Miyoung softened her expression upon hearing what Sehun just said. Her long fingers came to ruffle his hair.

 

"No, you're not. Don't downgrade yourself Sehun-ah," she smiled, her iris reflecting the night sky.

 

Unconsciously, Sehun brought himself closer to Miyoung before he knew it, bringing his arms to envelope her, giving her warmth. He felt like they were the only ones living in this world at that moment.

 

With every sound of her heart beat, Sehun couldn't stop himself to enjoy every second that passed. Because right now, everything was perfect, with him pulling her into a warm embrace.

 

"Miyoung?" this time he started the conversation.

"Hm?" she replied.

He hesitated for a moment before asking her a question that flashed into his mind all of a sudden.

"Do you think you'll be able to remember me if one day you end up forgetting me?"

Quietness engulfed them once again. And it was almost too long Sehun thought he had asked the wrong question, not until she answered, "I will never forget you, Sehun."

"But will you? Will you remember me again?" This time he looked deep into her eyes, searching for answers. He wondered what was on her mind behind those mesmerizing eyes of hers, those black orbs that bloomed throughout the night.

"I will," she replied, "and that's for sure." He smiled at that answer. He always smiled at her every answer.

 

"I love you, you know that?" Sehun whispered into her ears before giving Miyoung a peck on her forehead. Her vanilla scent reaching into his nose.

"I love you too."

"Forever?"

"Forever." 

 

And for the rest of the night, they wrapped themselves around each other in silence. Sehun was sure that forever belonged to them.

 


a/n. first chapter up! what do you think about it? i hope you all liked it! please suscribe and comment! i'd love to hear your feedbacks and thoughts about this. thank you :)