Taemins_LittleNoona - Jungkook+OC

Spring's Song ♥ A One-shot Request shop | OPEN | HIRING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

untitled (written by yehetno for Taemins_LittleNoona)

i don't know how to categorize it, but i'm like .5 for 3 out of the requested genres.  this is a very, very, very loose interpretation of the prompt and, for that, i apologize.

 

 

Jungkook peeks through the window of the bookstore where Laura works.  He can see her behind the counter thumbing through the pages of a book; all of her concentration is devoted to sentences printed on the rough pages.  An involuntary smile spreads across his face, seeing her never fails to do that.  (Two years and his heart still hasn’t calmed down at the sight of her.  Jungkook would call himself cheesy if he didn’t like it so much.)

It feels like it’s been ages since Jungkook has actually seen Laura in person.  If they were any sort of normal, Jungkook would be able to hold her hand, kiss her cheek, and take her on an actual date.  However, they aren’t normal, so they can’t participate in the obligatory cheesiness of dating.  (Jungkook often contemplates the way that their love story would have taken place if he weren’t famous.  Would they have met at all if he hadn’t been avoiding borderline stalker-ish fans?  Could they run away together without consequence?)  Most of their “dates” consist of video chatting until the sky goes from light to dark to light again. 

Being an idol takes its toll on all relationships, romantic, platonic, and familial alike.  Constant exposure to the rest of his band mates leads to tense spells when everyone is at each other’s neck over the smallest of things.  His parents call to tell him that they watched the latest broadcast and that they are proud, but Jungkook can read between the pauses. But Laura, Laura could send him a simple emoticon, and that could placate Jungkook, sooth him into comfort and serenity by knowing that she was thinking about him as much as he was thinking about her.

Jungkook pats the pocket of his jacket with a coy smile.  This is as close to running away together that they can get, for now at least.

He pushes into the small bookstore, opening the door with such caution that the edge of the door does not cause the bell ring.  Laura stays engrossed in her novel as Jungkook slides into the empty store.  He tiptoes to the help desk/cashier’s station, cutely resting his elbow on the counter, “Miss Lu?”

Laura reluctantly tears her eyes away from the pages of her book.  (Jungkook holds in a lovey-dovey sigh because it’s almost too cute to handle.)  She blinks rapidly once she sees Jungkook and his wide grin.

It takes her a moment to realize that Jungkook is really there.  When she does, a smile breaks across her face.  “Jungkook!” She squeals, jumping out of her seat to press a chaste kiss on her boyfriend’s lips before settling back into the chair.

“What a wonderful way to say hello.”

Laura snorts, lightly hitting Jungkook’s forearm.  “What brings you to my little corner of the world?”

Jungkook leans forward to whisper, “Do you want to run away with me?”

“To?”

Jungkook reaches out to pinch Laura’s cheek for trying to .  “I have a plane ticket to New Zealand for one overworked girlfriend who is having a rough time with life right now.”

“Shut up.” Laura’s tone is serious, but Jungkook can tell by the way that her eyes light up that she’s excited by the prospect.  Laura always talks about taking a trip to New Zealand; she wants to have her breath taken away by unforgettable scenery, along with a few other seemingly random activities.  Jungkook remember teasing her about it, but he never forgets the way that her eyes light up when she dreams about taking pictures in a country full of lush greens and sharp blues.

Jungkook pulls the ticket out his pocket and slides it toward her.

He watches her face light up, as she suppresses a squeal and flails her arms around in excitement.  “Really?” She asks, voice nearly breaking.

Jungkook nods, “So, wanna run away with me?”

“Yes.” Laura responds, biting her lip to restrain her smile.  “Yes, I wanna run away with you.”

Jungkook swoops in for another quick kiss, lingering to give Laura the chance to extend their kiss.  She steals another short one, and Jungkook pulls away.  “The rest of the group is going, so for the most part, you can run around New Zealand, doing whatever makes you happy.  The company is letting us kill the last two days however we want, so pencil me in?”

Laura snorts, holding her plane ticket against her chest, “I don’t know... I want to keep my options open in case I meet a hunky New Zealander.”

“You think you’re funny?” Jungkook pouts.

Biting back another smile, she giggles, “You’re cute when you’re jealous.  Don’t worry; I love you more than New Zealand.  For now.”

“I love you.”

Laura scrunches up her nose, “And I you.”

“I have to go,” Jungkook frowns.

She presses a kiss into Jungkook’s cheek, “Go.  I’ll see you on the plane and in New Zealand.  We’re running away together, remember?”

Jungkook soaks in the sight of her for another moment, softly smiling.  He could stare at her forever, but he can wait to get started on that.  After all, they’re running away together.

 

X

 

 

“Did you give Laura her ticket?” Seokjin asks, leaning over a sleeping Yoongi.  The rest of Jungkook’s group mates know about his involvement with Laura.  They have always been pretty supportive of Jungkook’s relationship, even going as far as to cover for Jungkook when he wants to see her in person.

Jungkook nods, “She’s excited.”

Seokjin smiles in response, “She’s a good kid.  Hopefully, your rendezvous will go well; both of you need it.”

“I kind of can’t wait.”

Jimin turns around in his seat, “Are we all going to hang out with Laura?” He ends his question with a hopeful smile.

“Dude.” Taehyung chimes in, disbelief lacing his voice.  “Jungkook barely gets to kick it with Laura in person.  What makes you think that they want us tagging along?  In a very romantic setting no less?”

“I get to hang out with Laura even less than he does,” Jimin whines, jutting out his lower lip into a pout.

“Okay, but you’re not dating her, Jungkook is.”  Taehyung argues.

Yoongi lets out a sigh of frustration, “Jimin, let Jungkook actually date his girlfriend.  Now that that’s resolved, will everyone be quiet and let me get my two minutes of sleep?”

 

X

 

His knees bounce as he cranes his neck over the seat in front of him.  He is unashamed to admit that he bought Laura the ticket for the seat next to his.  It’s all part of the surprise.

Jimin and Taehyung have already resorted to playing rock paper scissors to decide who gets flicked on the forehead next.  Seokjin is reading a magazine, and Yoongi is already asleep.  Hoseok is entirely engrossed in adjusting his airflow; Namjoon, on the other hand, is talking to gentleman seated next to him about nihilism.

When Laura appears, glancing between her ticket and the row numbers, Jungkook has to stop himself from jumping to his feet and waving her over. He takes deep breaths to calm down.   He doesn’t bother trying to contain his smile.  She finally looks forward rather trying to find her row.

Laura stops momentarily with a soft look of surprise on her face.  She grins, looking at the seat number on the ticket, and makes her way to Jungkook.  She double-checks her ticket.

She sinks into her seat next to Jungkook and promptly punches him in the arm.

“Ouch,” Jungkook whines as he rubs his arm, “What was that for?”

“For making me want to kiss you,” Laura replies softly, tucking some of her hair behind her ear.

Jungkook bites his lower lip, as a nice blush spreads across his cheeks.

Jimin inserts himself, “Aren’t you at all glad to see me, Laura?”

Jungkook could punch him in the face.  Laura gives Jimin a look, “A little, but nothing that merits a punch.”

“My heart.”

“My boyfriend,” Laura replies, pointing at Jungkook’s face.

“She’s mean,” he tattles to Jungkook.

“She’s my mean though,” he retorts.  Jungkook looks at Laura, “I will refrain from punching you, but I would like to make it known that I want to kiss you.”

 

X

 

There is a point during the very long flight in which the cabin is dimmed.  They have blankets and pillows; honestly, Jungkook should probably be sleeping.

He can’t; he doesn’t even want to because Laura is w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter