Chapter 27

Is is too late to love you?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 27

 

Hanbin POV

 

Minah is sleeping soundly on the hospital bed and both me and hyung sit quietly next to her just watching her sleep. My eyes glance at her bandages around her head and grazed elbows. The doctor says she only has a minor concussion and will fully recover after a few days or so, thank god it wasn’t anything worse.

 

“Hanbin-ah, you can go home if you want. You must be tired” Hyung offers to look after Minah.

 

“Hyung you look just as tired as I am” We both chuckle slightly. The truth is both of us are really tired and look like something the cat dragged in but still, I want to be by Minah’s side when she wakes up.

 

“Then are you hungry? I’m going to get some rice porridge for Minah for when she wakes up. I’ll get a portion for you as well” I reply with a smile and whisper ‘thanks ‘ with what little energy I had left.

 

Jinhwan Hyung goes out to get the food for us.

 

I lay my head down on the bed space next to Minah’s arm and before I know it my eye lids close.

 

“Hanbin-ah……Hanbin”

 

My eyes flutter open to the calling of my name. I immediately recognise Minah’s voice.

 

I look up to see her eyes locked on mine.

 

“Gwenchana? Does it hurt a lot?” I feel worried and concerned.

 

“Yeah, only a little.” I can only stare at her as I don’t know what to say.

 

I let out a huge sigh in relief. “Thank god you’re okay Minah”. I hear Minah let out a little smile.

 

“Gomawo Hanbin-ah….for finding me” Minah broke the silence.

 

I just smile back at her.

 

“Where’s Jinhwan Oppa?” Minah starts to look around the room.

 

“Oh…he went to get some food for us” I answer. She just nodded in reply.

 

“I’ll wake you up when he comes back so just get some more sleep.” I say while I put my hands over her eyes slowly pushing her head down onto the pillow.

 

“Ouch that hurt, how can you be so rough with a patient?” Minah curls up in pain.

 

“Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to” I start apologising as I didn’t mean to hurt her.

 

Minah suddenly lets out a trail of laughs. “Bwahahahahah, you should have seen that look one your face. Priceless”

 

“Yah Song Minah, how can you trick your bestfriend who was sincerely worried about you like that? Hurry up and get some more sleep before the food arrives  ”

 

Minah obediently listenes and goes back to sleep. When I hear her loud breathing I know she finally fell asleep. Minah’s a loud breather so whenever I came over for a sleep over I would have fall asleep first before she could. But now it’s the other way round, I wait for her to fall asleep first.

 

But for some reason today her loud breathing isn’t distracting, instead it is rather soothing. Maybe because it gave me the reassurance that she is sleeping soundly and well.

       

I keep staring at Minah’s hands. They are rather small and kind of chubby. If you only looked at her hands you might think she was fat. I hold her hands in mine and before I realise,I fall into a deep slumber.

Jinhwan POV

 

There is a place that sold rice porridge around 10 minutes away from the hospital. The place is moderately famous so the lines are long. Minah isn’t a picky eater like Hanbin so I quickly decid what to get but it is difficult to decide what to get Hanbin.

 

The whole procedure takes around 30 minutes. I hurry back to the hospital so the rice porridge wonin’t turn cold.

 

I entered Minah’s room expecting both of them to be awake but even Hanbin fell asleep. I put the food on the table next to the bed.

 

That was when I finally see it.

 

Hanbin’s hands are wrapped around Minah and they fell asleep like that.

 

That’s when I start having weird thoughts.

 

Aye, it can’t be true, what am I even thinking. They’re just bestfriends.

 

I leave the food there with a note before leaving to call our parents. I hoped Minah would have woken up so I could see her face but she didn’t.

 

I call Minho telling him what happened and that he didn’t need to worry. It is around 8:30 pm and the nurse informs me that no visitors after 9pm so I go back to Minah’s room to wake Hanbin up.

 

“Yah Hanbin-ah, you can’t sleep here. Wake up” I shake his shoulder trying to wake him up. His face wrinkles up as his eyes adjust to the lights.

 

“Oh hyung…sorry  I didn’t realise I fell asleep” Hanbin lets out a yawn.

 

“We have to leave in 30 minutes, I bought the rice porridge so eat it before it gets cold” I reach to the food in the plastic bag and hand it to Hanbin.

 

I decide that I should wake Minah up so she can get something to eat.

 

“Minah…..Minah” I shake her body softly to avoid hurting her. Her eyes slowly flutter open which reveals her light brown eyes staring back at me.

 

“Oh Oppa…” She says with not much power in her voice.

 

“You should eat something and then take your medicine that the doctors gave you” I helped her up into sitting position and place the rice porridge infront of her. I could tell she was hungry as she slurped everything down really fast. Even Hanbin is almost half finished.

 

“Yah eat slowly, you don’t want to get indigestion” I hand her a tissue to wipe with.

 

“It’s too yummy” Minah replies with a smile that made me smile as well. I’m just so glad that she’s okay.

 

“Oh Hanbin you should call your mother, I called her before but she was worried about you so just call her back when you’re done eating” I turned around to Hanbin.

 

I see that he is already finished with his rice porridge and is taking out his phone to call his mother. I’m glad he liked the porridge I picked.

 

“Jinhwan Oppa….” Minah softly calls for me.

 

“What is it? Are you feeling unwell anywhere?” I ask her.

 

“Aniyo….it’s just that….i lost it” She looks down.

 

“Lost what?” I am confused.

 

“The phone charm you gave me. It was a matching pair with yours…… Mianhae” She starts to apologise. I see tears starting to form in her eyes.

 

“You mean this?” I take her phone out of my front pocket.

 

Her eyes widen and she quickly wipes her tears. “W-where did you find it?”

 

“I took it back from the robber, he’s at the police station now” I hand her phone back to her.

 

More tears start to roll down her cheeks.

 

“W-why are you crying? You didn’t lose the charm anymore” I try to comfort her but I don’t know why she is crying.

 

“I-It’s not that….I-I’m just happy it’s not gone forever” She is crying happy tears. Both of our laughter fills up the room.    

 

 

 

Minah POV

 

“Oppa…. I think we need to talk…about me and you” I finally get the courage to bring the topic up.

 

Jinhwan Oppa lets out a loud sigh.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m going to break off the marriage with Dahye”

 

I am shocked by Oppa’s words; I didn’t expect him to say that so abruptly. I am at a loss for words.

 

“I will talk to both my parents and Dahye’s parents. I can persuade my mother but my father is a bit more difficult. You see, Dahye’s father is my father’s business partner so they really wanted their son and daughter to get married. My mother doesn’t really care for the financial advantages of the marriage but she just wants me to marry someone who has a bright future. That’s why Omma likes Dahye….but I think she’ll like you more”

 

I sit their listening to Oppa’s every words without muttering a word.

 

“So Minah…I promise you don’t have anything to worry about. Just trust me”. Jinhwan Oppa tightly grabs hold of my hands and looks directly into my eyes.

“Okay…I trust you” I let out a smile in which he returns back with a hug. His arms are tightly around me with his chin resting on my shoulder.

Please log in to read the full chapter