Chapter 28

Is is too late to love you?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 28

 

Minah POV

 

The last day of the semester is finally here, each day it is getting hotter and hotter which means the summer holidays is just around the corner. Jinhwan Oppa isn’t coming to school today; he says he has some stuff to sort out. The next period is p.e, the class I hated the most. I like the sports part of p.e but not the running part, I have no stamina and run slow so I always get left behind. Also today’s weather is so hot I just want to jump into a pool of ice. The teacher decides we will play volleyball today and Sooyoung and I am put in the same team.

 

To be honest, volleyball was actually one of the sports I didn’t at and I enjoyed it. But there was one thing that ruins my mood every time we play team sports is the unco-operative  girls on my team that didn’t want to sweat and ruin their make-up. Some of them even faked injuries so they could sit out and watch fan girl over the boys.

 

Today we are sharing the gym with Hanbin and Bobby’s class again. They are playing basketball while we are playing volleyball.

 

“Heads up, get ready the ball is coming” Sooyoung says as the opposition serves the ball. The ball comes towards me and I easily return it, the other team hits it back to our side towards the back area.

 

I turn to the girls behind me and Sooyoung but see them not even focusing on the game but on the boys playing basketball so the ball

 

I turn around towards the sound of the laughter. It is the girls on our team, they are holding the ball while smirking at us.

 

“Get your disgusting eyes off our Oppas, they are way out of your league .Just cause they let you sit with them doesn’t mean they like you. Stop dreaming you ugly nerd” The girl in the middle says with looks of scorn.

 

My blood is boiling, and I can’t even imagine what Sooyoung is feeling right now. She told me she wanted a quiet and peaceful high school life but that didn’t work out and it’s my entire fault that she’s getting hate from others.

 

Sooyoung scoffs and glares at the girls. “I would slap you but I wouldn’t want to make your face look better since the plastic surgeons have already done such a great job.”

 

‘Ooooh burn’ I internally celebrated.Sooyoung was the Queen of disses.

 

“Mwo?  Yah, you ” The girl screams and hurls the ball towards Sooyoung’s face.

 

Sooyoung did a lot of martial arts and is athletic so I thought she would be able to easily dodge the ball but she didn’t and it hits her square into the face and she falls to the ground.

 

“Sooyoung-ah” I yell her name and bend down to hold her up.  

 

The girls laughter fills up the gym.

 

 

“What the are you girls doing?” Unexpectedly a furious looking Bobby storms onto our court followed by Hanbin.

 

The girls start screaming and jumping up and down from the excitement of seeing Bobby oppa so close up.

 

“Oppa~ we were just teaching her a lesson to know her place.” The girl in the middle explains with a fake high pitched voice. Bobby Oppa doesn’t even flinch at her words and just glares at her.

 

“Who the hell are you to teach her a lesson?” His every word  leaves a cold feeling in the air.

 

“O-Oppa, why are you being so scary?” The girl looks like she is about to break out in tears.

 

“Get lost before I show you what scary really is. But before that apologise to her.” The girls back down.

 

What is this situation? Bobby Oppa standing up for Sooyoung?…seems a bit suspicious if you ask me…

 

Sooyoung POV

 

I feel Bobby’s arms around me as he tries to help me get up.I shrug it off as I don’t need his help, I wasn’t that weak.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, your nose is bleeding” Minah’ eyes widen as she sees my face.

 

I frown at the three girls infront of me and I see smirks forming on their faces.

 

I fake a warm smile to them which makes them confused.

 

“With this much evidence I can definitely sue you for assault.” I say to them as I wipe the blood from my nose.

 

“M-mwo?” The girls look at each other with fear in their eyes. I see them bite down on their lips contemplating whether to apologise or not.

 

“O-oh Mianhae Sooyoung-ssi, I was wrong to say those things to you and throw the ball at you.” They start apologising with desperation in their voice. They all know who my mother was and how influential she was in the law department.

 

“Too late, I suggest you go find a good lawyer.” I smirk back at the girls.

 

The bell rang which signals second period. Everyone leaves the court but Bobby is just standing there with his mouth apart.

 

“What?”

 

“Heol, I didn’t know you were such a scary person. What kind of girl sacrifices her own face?” He looks at me with a shocked expression.

 

“Well at least she can stand up for herself. That was pretty cool but next time don’t get yourself hurt. A girl shouldn’t have too many scars on her face.” Hanbin unexpectedly pats my head.

 

I am taken back by his actions and blush at his words as I turn to look at him.

 

“N-Neh”. Minah shakes her head as I made it too obvious that I liked Hanbin, but he doesn’t seem to notice anything.

 

“Yah, shouldn’t I get a thank you or something?” Bobby interrupts.

 

“For what? I could have handled everything myself without your help.” I answer.

 

The idiot lets out a sigh. “Wow, so ungrateful….”

 

    

 

 

Minah POV

We head to the changing rooms to change back into our school uniform. As I am buttoning up my blouse I feel a touch on my shoulder.

 

“Minah…can we talk?” I turn to see Dahye standing there looking straight at me. We haven’t talked since that day and I don’t really have anything to say to her. Sooyoung signals that she’ll wait for me in cafeteria to give us some alone time to talk things out.

 

“Um…alright” Dahye lets out a half smile. Of course I knew what this was gonna be about but I felt like this needs to be sorted out now.

 

“Jinhwan Oppa called off the marriage…” I see tears about to form in her eyes. Honestly I did feel a bit sorry for her but I was also a bit happy about it.

 

“I know he did it because of you…..”

 

“I’m begging you right now…..please break up with him” Her eyes are filled with desperation and her voice gets croaky due to holding down her tears.

 

“I love him so much, way more than you do Minah. You don’t understand how much I love him and how much it hur

Please log in to read the full chapter