Chapter 1

Is is too late to love you?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

*3 years ago*

I was woken up by the footsteps and ruffling noises throughout the house. I glanced at the clock with half opened eyes and it was only 2:10am, I quietly got up, feeling the cold wooden floor against my bare feet and headed to the living room.

“ Appa? Is that you?” I stood there rubbing my eyes, it was my father standing there with his brown suitcase.

“Where are you going?” My father stood just inches away from me; he looked at me with sad eyes. 

“I’m sorry Minah-ah” He uttered those few words that i didn't understand.

“What’s wrong Appa? Why are you sorry?” I questioned him still half asleep.

My father came closer to me, he embraced me and I felt his hot tears run down my neck.

“Appa’s company is bankrupt; I can’t stay here any longer. I promise I’ll come back, tell your mother and Minho that I love them.”

My father grabbed his suitcase and headed out the door. I froze there for a moment trying to comprehend what just happened.

“This is just a bad dream” I tried to persuade myself. I ran after him but his car was already long gone. For months my family had been trying to contact my father but there was no luck, he disappeared without a trace. Only the words he left were ringing in my ears everyday like a haunting melody. 

I don’t know what would of happened if Hanbin and his mother wasn’t there for us. We had been neighbours for seven years until now that we were forced to move out. They found us a little apartment that was a 5 minute walk from their house. Hanbin asked Mrs. Kim to pay for my school tuition until I graduate middle school so we would go to the same school and of course I would pay them back one day. I’m grateful for a bestfriend like Hanbin and also towards Mrs. Kim.

*end flashback*

I walk through the long corridors to his room as the maids greet me.

“Yah Kim Hanbin wake up!” I scream as I kick his bedroom door open. “I want to at least have breakfast today, it’s my first day of high school.”

I shout as I pull his pillow from under his head.This half-awake idiot right here is Kim Hanbin, my bestfriend. He goes to Seoul High school, a school for only the richest and famous people’s children. Through blood and sweat I got a scholarship to go there. It was the only way I could go to the same school as Hanbin as tuition was too expensive. My mother already has to work 7 days a week to pay our rent and Minho’s school fees.

Hanbin and I went to the same primary and middle school. Hanbin is a year older than me which is why we didn’t go to the same school last year; I was in my last year of middle school while he was a first year in high school. Hanbin is pretty popular, he has a group of friends called iKON, but I’ve never met them before. I guess Hanbin doesn’t hang out with them out of school.

“Ugh shut up Minah, you’re so loud” he mumbles as he slowly sat up.

As he sits up his duvet falls which reveals his white skin and defined muscles and abs. His eyes are still closed and his mouth is slightly open.

”Kim Hanbin get up this instance or else I’ll eat all the bacon!” His eyes shoot open immediately at the word bacon. I giggle at his face.

“If you eat all the bacon you’ll get fat” Hanbin replies as he finally gets out of bed. He walks towards the bathroom but suddenly stops infront of me. He stares at me for a good 20 seconds before he breaks the silence.

” Minah, did you do something to your hair today?” he asks with a raised brow.

“My hair? Oh my hair! Yeah I tried a different style today, does it look good?” I ask with a big smile across my face.

“Bwahahahaha, are you trying to impress some guys because save it, you’

Please log in to read the full chapter