Chapter 26

Is is too late to love you?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 26

 

Minah POV

 

Finally the reveal of the century, Sooyoung was going to tell me who she liked.

 

“The person I like is…..”

 

“Kim ***** ” The last words of her sentence were inaudibly but I clearly heard the surname ‘Kim’ but that could be anyone.

 

“Yah, speak louder I didn’t hear you” I was left hanging. Sooyoung’s face turned a darker shade of red as I made her repeat his name. I wouldn’t have if you said it properly the first time.

 

“I said the person I like is…..”I was excited for the reveal.

..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kim Hanbin”

 

 

Wait what? Did I hear right? Out of all the Kim’s, Kim Jiwon, Kim Donghyuk, Kim Jinhwan, she likes who???

 

I was flabbergasted which left me speechless for a second.

 

“Did you just say Kim Hanbin? The great idiot Kim Hanbin?” I just had to question her, it didn’t make any sense. Sooyoung shyly nods. I laugh uncontrollably as it didn’t make any sense what so ever.

 

“Ahhh it must be some other Kim Hanbin right?” I comfort myself. “Ani, Kim Hanbin your bestfriend.” Sooyoung confirms my worst doubts.

 

“WAE????? What do you see in that guy?” I couldn’t see in any way why she would like Hanbin.

 

“I don’t know…he’s just so effortlessly cool…and when he tries to act cool he’s so adorkable” I cringed at Sooyoung’s answer. Hanbin? Cool? Since when?

 

I sarcastically let out a trail of short laughs. “Okay let me confirm one more time. The guy you like is Hanbin? Not another Hanbin but my bestfriend Hanbin?”

 

“Omg Minah, how many times do I have to say it , YES I have a major crush on your bestfriend Kim Hanbin” I’m sure she didn’t realise what she just said as her face turns super red out of embarrassment.

 

“Wow….you’re taste in guys is pretty….unusual. Anyways since you obviously like Hanbin that much, are you going to confess to him?” I nudge Sooyoung’s arm.

 

She clears . “W-we haven’t even had any alone time together…” Sooyoung coyly replies. Suddenly I had an idea.

 

“How about a double date?” I cheekily grinned at her. It would give me some time to have a talk with Jinhwan Oppa and allow Sooyoung to get some alone time with Hanbin. Wow I’m such a great friend. Sooyoung’s eyes widen in shock.

 

“Seriously? Okay…” She agrees. Yes~ playing matchmaker is soooo fun. 

 

After our long girl talk, it was time to head home. “Well that was fun, thanks for inviting me over Sooyoung” She grins back. “Yeah, so I’ll see you tomorrow” She waves as I get into the car that took me here. I roll down the window as I shout “Make some free time on Saturday”

I see Sooyoung blush at the same time she smiles like an idiot.

 

When I got home, I lay down on my bed and got my phone out.

 

Minah: Oppa, are you busy this Saturday?

Jinhwan: Nope, I’m free. Why?

Minah: I was wondering if you want to go on a date…

 

Okay I didn’t know it would be so embarrassing to ask Jinhwan Oppa on a date. I fiddle with the couple phone strap Jinhwan Oppa gave me.I really cherish it as it the first official gift I received from Oppa. And since we both had one side of the heart, it made everything even more special.

 

Jinhwan: Sure^^ of course I would.

Minah: Yay^^ but the thing is we won’t be alone…

 

I explained to Oppa about everything and he happily agreed; now it’s time to ask Hanbin.

 

Minah: Yo Hanbin, you free this Saturday?

Hanbin: Yeah I’m free.

Minah: Good, let’s hang out. I invited Jinhwan Oppa and Sooyoung too.

Hanbin: Oh…yeah okay.

 

 

 

 

The anticipated Saturday finally came.

 

*Ring ring*

Our home phone was ringing pretty early in the morning. I wonder if it’s Sooyoung, maybe she couldn’t sleep from all the excitement. I grin to myself at my thoughts. I answer the phone and it was indeed Sooyoung but she didn’t sound very happy.

 

 

Sooyoung: Yobeoseyo, Minah~~~ T.T

Minah: Oh hi, what’s wrong?

Sooyoung: I can’t make it…

Minah: Mwo? Wae?

Sooyoung: My family relatives are coming over inconveniently…

Minah: …… Wow what bad timing…

Sooyoung: Yeah I know right, I was so excited for today…

Minah:*sigh* Well then I guess ill organise it again some other time.

Sooyoung: Thanks Minah. Well I got to go now see you .

Minah: Bye.

 

 

Okay so my match making plans are ruined, I called Jinhwan Oppa telling him we have failed our mission. He said we could still hang just me him and Hanbin. I decided that was fine too so we continued with the plans for the day.

 

I wore some jeans and a fluffy sweater, I saw the forecast and it said it could rain today. I put on some lip-gloss that I borrowed from Sooyoung the other day. I wanted to look my best for Oppa. I guess this is what falling in love makes you do.

 

  I put my keys and phone into my bag before heading to Hanbin’s place. Since Hanbin lives close to me I decided to walk to his place and go together.  

 

*knock knock*

 

“Hanbin-ah you ready?” I abruptly open Hanbin’s door.

 

“Y-Yah w-what the M-Minah” I open the door to see a half- flustered Hanbin changing his clothes. “Oh sorry, but it’s not like I haven’t seen you without a shirt on before” I stand at the door waiting for him to finished. Hanbin didn’t say anything after that.

 

After Hanbin was fully dressed he came out of his room. He suddenly stopped infront of me and stared at me for a good 4 seconds. “Do you have lip gloss on?” He looks at me with disgust on his face. Before I could reply he places his thumb against my lips and wipes them clean. “YAH~” I scream at him. He then wipes his thumb clean on some tissues and wickedly smiles before walking past me.     

 

Damn you Kim Hanbin.

 

We decided to hang out at Hongdae today as it was a popular place for teens to hang.

“Morning Oppa, did you sleep well?” I asked with a smile while looking up at Jinhwan Oppa’s face. “Not really, I couldn’t sleep because I was too excited about our date today” Oppa as he wraps his arms around my waist. I let out a giggle. “Me too” I shyly confessed.

 

Hanbin clears his throat to announce his presence. “ Oh, Hanbin” Oppa gives Hanbin their usual greeting.

 

“So what do you want to do?” Hanbin asks with a hint of awkwardness in his words.

 

“Shall we go watch a movie?”

 

They both agreed to it and so we chose to watch the new Avengers movie.

 

Hanbin  POV

 

We stood in line to buy our tickets. Minah and hyung finally got to the front of the line and ordered our tickets and popcorn.

 

“Would you like our couple option? We put everything in one box and cup with two straws for couples?” The lady at the counter asked.

 

“Oh no it’s fine, we have three people” Minah glances at me before rejecting the offer. The lady gave me a weird look before giving us our tickets.

 

Why the hell did I agree to come? This is so ing awkward.

 

The movie was starting soon so we took our seats. Minah sat in the middle while both me and hyung were by her side.

 

The movie started and it was surprisingly interesting. Half way through the movie I fi

Please log in to read the full chapter