Kid! Fanxing

Fanxing Drabbles

OMG IM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE T.T I WAS ON A TRIP

But i hope this chapter compensates well enough! 


 

"Honey, pay attention"

"Yes mama" A five year old excited Yixing says, hands yanking on the straps of his bagpack as he wiggles his legs, and his mother struggles to get his laces done.

"Yixing, honey, stop moving, mama needs to get you ready" his mother says, and he quiets his movements down, but his still sings though. He sings a nursery rhyme in chinese that he had learned and when his mother was done, he hops down from the dining chair. While most of the kids of his age would cry and whine on their first day of kindergarten, Yixing however, was excited down to his bones. He had even practiced "Hi, my name is Zhang Yixing. I am 5 years old and Kris the unicorn is my best friend!" all week long. And so when his mother kisses both of his cheeks and ushers him out of the door, he only runs back in to get his purple unicorn plushie (that he has never allowed to be anywhere else other than is his arms). 

When he reaches his kindergarten however, he sees many kids screaming, crying and kicking away and he immediately reaches out for his baba's hands, quiets down a little, and the thought of Ms Trunchbull from the movie Matilda that he had watched swims through his head. But then he enters his brightly, rainbow coloured classroom and he completely deflates in happiness. His father didnt even have to wait long to take his leave cause Yixing was seated as his seat, eyes opened wide as he looks around and waves.

He first meets a kid called Xi Luhan and they both almost immediately get attached to each other like glues. Unfortunately, Luhan says he that he was already assigned to sit with this other kid called Sehun, so Yixing shrugs and wiggles in his seat, because honestly, he was more focused on the teacher who just entered their room. "She looks kind, like our neighbour jiejie" he notes. She asks them to quiet down and tells them that for starters, they should all stand up and introduce themselves. Yixing smiles so wide his dimples threatens to stab deeper into his cheeks. And when it was his turn, Yixing stands and speaks above everyone else ;

"MY NAME IS ZHANG YIXING. I AM FIVE YEARS OLD AND KRIS THE UNICORN IS MY BEST FRIEND"

• • •

It has been 2 weeks since Yixing has joined kindergarten, and he was the one kid who knew each and everyone in class. Yixing rises early, because it was their spelling exam day.

"C-A-R, car" he goes through the words their teacher has given to memorise the day before.

He was writing down his third word determinedly when there is a knock on their class door. The kids look up at the interruption. A kid enters, with a scowl on his face and Yixing finds himself distracted. "He is so tall" he thinks. The kid stares at his shoes and Yixing stares at him. And then the kid was looking straight at Yixing and he sinks back into his seat, before realising that his teacher has assigned this kid to be seated right beside Yixing, who never had a sitting partner since day one. 

"Class, this is your new friend from canada, Wu Yifan, treat him well okay?" The teacher says and turns back at the board.

"Hi, my name is Zhang Yixing" Yixing says, turning to face Yifan who now sat on his rightm Yifan looks back a mumbles a small hi. And Yixing spends the next few weeks trying to get Yifan's attention.

"Do you like cookies?"

"Do you like sesame streets?"

"My mum baked cakes! Do you want one?"

"Do you want to meet my unicorn? Kris says he likes you"

"Is your baba a dragon? You look like a dragon, an angry one"

"Can i borrow your pencil?"

"Yifan i bought you an extra long angry bird pencil!!"

"My mum says you live 3 houses away from me"

"Can i come over and play?"

"Why do you always frown?"

"Lets play hide and seek!"

And even though most of the time, Yifan's answers were just plain yes and no, he goes home everyday with a smile, and he secretly tells him mum that Yixing is his bestfriend. And then one day, Yixing wasnt there. Yifan panics a little and looks to his left all day long, but Yixing doesnt come. Later, he is told that Yixing was having a cold, so Yifan locks himself inside his room that night, as he works on a get well soon card for his friend. He smiled satisfiedly when he was done.

The next day, Yifan was the one who had a smile on his face and he was the one who was eager to get to class. But then he steps in and his face drops. Yixing wasnt smiling at him the way he always did, his right eye was swollen and he looked down at his book lifelessly. Yifan almost ran to him.

"Yixing.. " He calls, poking his friend's side. The smaller only answers with a 'mm'

"Yixing, my mama told me you were sick, are you still sick?"

"No"

"Yixing, why is your eye black?" Yifan asks

"I caught a cold"

"But my eyes dont turn black when i have a cold" Yifan desperately tries to gain his friend's attention but it was all in vain. Yixing continued to remain silent. During their lunch break, Yifan tries to feed Yixing his bread, but the smaller shakes his head and turns away. Yifan doesn't know what else to do so he grabs his smaller friend and hugs him tightly. And that sends young yixing sobbing against the taller.

"T-hey took my kris and they hit me!" 

"They what? Who Yixing?" Yifan asks, completely bashed at the fact that someone would hurt his favourite friend ever. His friend that was like an angel to him.

"The kids from the other class! They beat me that day after everyone went home and took my kris" Yixing sniffles, rubbing his eyes. Yifan frowns and gets up.

"Lets go get Kris back"

"B-but yifannie they're mean! They'll hurt you!" Yixing begs and clings to the taller. But yifan ignores him and storms out the door. Yixing who was sinking in fear timidly trails after Yifan, and begs him to return to class.

But then, Yifan swiftly snatches back the unicorn and sends the two bullies scrambling away. With his height and 24/7 scowling look, everyone often wondered how Yixing always seemed to be stuck to the giant kid while others didnt even dare to approach him.

Yixing sniffles in joy and jumps on Yifan when he hands him back his unicorn. Yifan's completely taken aback when Yixing gives him a kiss on each cheek. He giggles happily and laces his finger with the taller's as they walk back to class.

"See? Kris was right to like you!"  

"Kris is cute, like you" Yifan answers.

"Fannie? Thank you for protecting me"

"I will always protect you Xingxing"

"Fannie?"

"Yes?"

"Can i call you baobei?"

 

 

And when Yifan gives him the get well soon card later, young Yixing decides to give him a peck on his lips before he runs his way home. Yifan doesnt sleep that night.

 


 

 Omg thank you to all those who subscribed, and those who commented! I havent replied to all your comments and i hope you can all give me some time! i was in a rush to finish this chapter, so i might only be replying you all tmr!! 

Meanwhile, leave me prompts! \0/ I love you guys~