CH 3

Marriage First Before Falling In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          MyungSoo finally arrive at their mansion all dress up and ready to meet his fiancée. He’s wearing a simple black shirt, jeans and converse. He may be cool and collected at the outside but he’s actually really ecstatic to meet his fiancée. If everything goes well in this meeting he might as well settle down with this fiancée of him. He enters the mansion without knocking and sees his mom coming down from the staircase right on the dot. His mother is wearing a simple light blue dress.

 

“You’re early Myungie. Are you somehow excited to see your fiancée?” Mrs.Kim teasingly asked reaching the final step of the staircase. MyungSoo rolled his eyes not answering his mom, Mrs.Kim see this and give a laugh. She knows his son more than anyone, even though MyungSoo simply rolled his eyes she know his son is definitely excited. “I know you’re excited to meet your fiancée.” She gave him a knowing look. “There are some changes in the plan. Instead of them going here to have a dinner, were going to your fiancée house to have a dinner.” Mrs.Kim explains as she goes outside the house, MyungSoo tailing silently behind him. A car is already at the doorstep with the butler opening the door at the back seat. Mrs.Kim gracefully enters the car, MyungSoo following after her.

 

“I’m fine with the change of place but why this dinner is all of a sudden? You could have told me a day earlier.” MyungSoo looks at his mom as the driver start the engine of the car.

 

“Well me and your fiancée mom decided to let you two meet each other. Your fiancée also decided to give this arrange marriage a shot before we finalize everything. We know this engagement is all of sudden but I really want you Myungie to settle down. Your fiancée also came from a well known family in the business industry but I didn’t choose him to be your fiancée because of business. Your fiancée parent is my best friends so I know them, their child is very kind and we kinda made an agreement that in the future we will make our children to marry so the family can become one.” Mrs. Kim holds both of his son hands tightly. Mother and son look at each other with a silent talk and understanding. Mrs.Kim knows MyungSoo can be a bit stubborn and player at times but he always listen to her. Mother only wants the best for their child.

 

“Its ok mom I understand don’t worry. I completely don’t know anything about this my fiancée but I’m sure gladly to get to know him/her better.” MyungSoo said squeezing his mom hands. Mrs.Kim sighed heavily feeling a heavy burden suddenly lift on her shoulder. “Since I’m already meeting my fiancée today can you at least tell me something about him or her because I really don’t want to look like an idiot when I finally meet him or her just because I don’t anything about him or her.” MyungSoo said trying to remove the sudden tense atmosphere around the car.

 

“Sorry Myungie but you have to find out yourself. I don’t want to spoil the fun.” Mrs.Kim winks at her son. “All I can tell is you will surely like him. I might not see your fiancée in a long time but I know he’s a good person just like her parents.” MyungSoo didn’t react to her statement and continue looking outside the card. “Is my son somehow scared that your fiancée will reject you and won’t fall on your charms? When did all those charms go?” Mrs.Kim jokingly mock at MyungSoo. MyungSoo can’t help but gawk on what her mother said and their driver stifle a laugh. Mrs.Kim a woman on her late 40’s can still joke and son like that.

 

“Mom.” MyungSoo utter looking at his mom with a certain glint on his eyes. “I don’t know if your insulting or teasing me but I will show you that this son of yours is definitely and absolutely full of charms and this charms will make my fiancée fall for me.” MyungSoo look directly at her mother’s eyes full of determination.

 

“We will see about that Myungie. I’m definitely sure that you’re the one who will fall first on your fiancée charms.” Mrs.Kim said in a challenging town.

 

“You’re on mom.” MyungSoo and Mrs.Kim share a smirk.

 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

 

          With heavy steps SungJong finally arrive at their house. He tried to calm his nerves while on the drive back to the mansion but alas it’s not working. This sudden call from his mom really shocks him to death. Mrs.Lee should stop doing this because she keep on shocking him this past few days, but at the same time he feel excited to meet his mystery fiancée. He won’t deny it but even though not knowing anything about him he will take his mom and friends advice to give this a shot first before making any decision. Upon arriving at the house, their butler Henry is already at the doorstep waiting for his arrival. Another butler opens the back seat for him to step out the car.

 

“Welcome back master SungJong. Mistress Lee is already waiting for you in the living room.” Henry greets with a smile but SungJong didn’t return it instead he stair hardly at him.

 

“What did I tell you Henry-hyung about calling me.” SungJong said in frustration that it’s hard for Henry not to laugh.

 

“Sorry Jongie but you look really tense right now and a bit teasing to calm your nerves won’t hurt right.” Henry winks at him as they enter the house. A smile bloom on SungJong face as he follow the older one. He saw his mother quietly sitting in the living room but he can clearly that she’s anxiously waiting for him. “SungJong is already here Mrs.Lee.” Henry leaves the living room to give privacy to the mother and son. SungJong slowly walks toward the sofa opposite on where his mother is sitting. They both silently sit there, Mrs.Lee don’t know how to start and SungJong don’t know what to say.

 

“How is your chat with SungGyu, WooHyun, Kibum and Ren?” Mrs.Lee start to ease the tension.

 

“It’s perfect they definitely went insane especially Key-hyung when I told them about this arrange marriage. Because we rarely see each other right now and they definitely didn’t expect I will break news like that. Key-hyung even point out reasons why it’s impossible to me to be engage.” SungJong laugh as he starts to narrate on what happen at the café. Now that he thinks about it his hyung reaction is really hilarious. Mrs.Lee smile at his son, she’s definitely scared that her son will outburst when he arrive and it scared her more when there is a tension between them when he arrive.

 

“What did they say about your arrange marriage?” Mrs.Lee curiously wonders? She knows SungJong friends are straightforward so they will honestly tell their opinions. SungJong look at his mom and smile.

 

“They said that they will support me on whatever my decision and tell them if my fiancée hurt me. SungGyu-hyung even said that Hoya-hyung will kill my fiancée first even before they hurt him.” SungJong and Mrs.Lee laugh as he tells the story. They both know that it’s 100% true, Hoya might not say it but he’s definitely has a brother complex to SungJong and overly protective of him.

 

“I presume there is something more happen at the café.” Mrs.Lee stood up and walk towards the other sofa to sit beside SungJong.

 

“While were chatting WooHyun-hyung suddenly said that Key-hyung seems more excited than me in prospect of marriage and hyung added if Key-hyung is excited to get married a certain puppy eyed man which is JongHyun-hyung. We laugh so hard after hearing what WooHyun-hyung said. We absolutely garner the whole attention of the café because we laugh so hard.” This make SungJong and Mrs.Lee laugh again. “It maybe true because Key-hyung and JongHyun-hyung have been together for 7 yrs.” Mother and son continue laughing. Mrs.Lee holds both SungJong hands as they calm down for laughing so much.

 

“How about you Jongie? Will you really gave this arrange marriage a chance? Because you know umma won’t force you into anything. If you really don’t want this I can cancel tonight’s dinner.” Mrs.Lee squeezes both SungJong’s hands.

 

“Don’t worry umma. I know this arrange marriage is really sudden but I really want to give this a shot. It’s better to know my fiancée first before making any abrupt decision. You didn’t raise me to judge people without knowing them umma.” SungJong move closer to his umma and hug her.

 

“I love you baby Jongie.” Mrs.Lee hugs SungJong tighter. “Thank you for giving this a chance. I really wish everything will be alright so I can have my future grandchildren soon.” Mrs.Lee teased making SungJong blush.

 

“Umma!!” SungJong whined hiding his face on his mom neck.

 

“Aigoo!! So cute baby.” Mrs.Lee continues. “Wanna know a secret Jongie, your fiancée is so handsome and definitely a charmer. You will definitely like him.” SungJong blush even more as Mrs.Lee continue teasing him.

 

“So mean umma.” SungJong whined while trying to glare at his mother. Which is probably futile because of the blush on his face betray him. Mrs.Lee laughs at his son cute antics. SungJong groaned and run toward the stair to hide and avoid his mom teasing.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter