Babysitting {Part I}

ITxUA Part III: Bonus Chapters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Set three years in the future. Junmyeon, Mrs. Kim, Yoora, and Minseok have dropped their kids off at Uncle Chanyeol and Uncle Jongin's house for the weekend.

Genre: Light crack

~ * ~

“—KimKaiKimKaiKimKaiKimKaiKimKaiKimKaiKimKaiKimK—“

“Do you want a premature death?” Jongin seethed, moving his book down ever so slightly so he could shoot fire through his eyes directly at Chanyeol, who took up the other side of the sofa and was currently tapping alternately on Jongin’s feet with each syllable. In over three years of them being together, Chanyeol knew what he could and couldn’t get away with, but ceasing to push boundaries simply wasn’t in his nature.

“…Doctor KimKai?” Three taps accompanied the question.

Jongin was about to smack Chanyeol across the room, but a knock on the front door interrupted his rage. He hopped up from the sofa, laying his book open on the coffee table, and went to answer the door.

He immediately wished he hadn’t.

"Uncle Jongin!” four little faces aged four to five yelled, immediately trying to climb on top of him to show their affection.

He instinctively glared at the closest adult, who he could only assume was responsible for the onslaught.

“Thanks so much for volunteering to host the kids for the weekend,” Junmyeon said, smiling. His face was silhouetted by the bright colors of the nearing sunset. “It was an excellent idea. Chanyeol is so brilliant.”

Jongin froze.

“Host the who for the what now?”

“Here’s all of their supplies.”

Several bags of toys, clothes, more clothes, and God knows what else the little brats needed for two days were into Jongin’s arms.

“Doctor—“

Junmyeon had already turned away and was heading toward the taxi. “My dearie wrote a list of important notes for our kids, and Yoora said she did one for the twins. We should be back before sundown on Sunday. Thanks again!”

The carriage pulled away before Jongin could thaw.

“Uncle Jongin, do you have more candy like last time?”

“Uncle Jongin, I’m hungry!”

“Daddy said I could have extra cookies today.”

“I need to go wee-wee!”

“Oh, um…” Chanyeol murmured in a small voice. “This is kind of short notice because I forgot to tell you, but I arranged a weekend playdate—”

“Chan-Yeol Park, I am absolutely through with you!”

Maybe he'd pushed the boundaries a little too far this time.

Jongin shoved past Chanyeol, immediately dropping all of the childrens’ goods from his arms in the doorway and storming to the coat closet just inside.

“What are you doing?”

“Getting your coat, shoes, and hat so you can go take them back to their parents.”

Chanyeol fidgeted slightly.

“That’s um… They’re… gonefortheweekend…”

“Speak up, boy.”

“Uncle Jongin, can I have my cookies now?” asked the oldest of the kids, Junmyeon’s daughter.

“Can we have cookies too?” the two just-turned-four fraternal twins pleaded. “Cookies! Cookies! Cookies!” They continued chanting as they tugged furiously on their biological uncle’s slacks.

“Mom says we can’t have cookies this soon before bed,” Junmyeon’s son said.

“Well Daddy said I could, and besides, Mommy’s not here. Uncle Jongin and Uncle Chanyeol are in charge.”

“Cookies for everyone!” chanted the twins.

“They’re gone for the weekend!” Chanyeol yelled over the pandemonium below him.

“Cookies! Cookies!”

“Innie…?”

He backed away slowly as Jongin’s face turned a furious shade of red and his eye started twitching.

“DEFCON 1…” Chanyeol said, face going pale before he shouted again, “DEFCON 1! Hit the deck, kids!”

With one sweep of his arms, he managed to pick up all four kids and gun it the hell out of there, scrambling into the dining room and around the corner, halfway throwing the kids to the rug next to the small china cabinet and ducking down before what sounded close to a nuclear explosion occurred in the other room, complete with lots of swearing.

“Uncle Chanyeol, what does that mean? You know…”

Chanyeol’s face got paler and paler as Yoora’s four-year-old girl repeated out the long string of expletives Jongin had just let out, only sixty percent of which were in their native tongue as his rage couldn’t be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter