Funnel Cake

ITxUA Part III: Bonus Chapters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin refuses to be seen in any state of undress or be touchy-feely, and Chanyeol wants to get to the bottom of the issue.

Genre: Fluffy Angst? Dark Fluff? What the hell do you call this?

~ * ~

Jongin jumped when he opened the bathroom door to see that Chanyeol was not only awake, but eyeing him with his famous I-am-judging-you-so-hard-right-now look. The one that made you feel like less of a person because Chanyeol Park, the king of acting weird for attention's sake, had deemed something you'd done as worthy of pause.

“What?” Jongin asked, not taking his eyes off of Chanyeol until he reached the chest of drawers where he kept his bowties.

“Why do you always change your clothes in the bathroom?” Chanyeol asked.

Jongin’s eyes shifted a couple of times in confusion. “I took a shower. I think nothing odd of it.”

 “It just doesn’t seem like… I dunno, like a Jongin thing to do.”

A little smirk came up on the blonde’s mouth. “A Jongin thing?”

“Yeah. Like, it’s... Something about it seems off. Like, I imagine you waiting until you come back out to get dressed or something.”

As he thought about what it could be that seemed strange to him, Chanyeol’s eyes fell on a wet spot on Jongin’s shirt.

“Oho! Exhibit A!” He jumped out of bed and made a huge display of pointing to the spot. “Doctor Jongin Kim would never make a conscious decision that might result in his clothing getting messed up!”

Jongin’s eyes went half-lidded.

“It’s water.”

“And you wouldn’t let me cuddle with you last night, either!”

“I never let you cuddl—“

“Something is definitely amiss, Doctor Kim, and you’re going to tell me what it is, or else!”

Jongin sighed, turning back around to tie the bowtie he’d chosen for that day.

“No.”

“Or else I’ll— What? You can’t just say no!”

“I just did.”

“Well you can’t, that’s cheating!”

“How? It’s my body; I’ll tell you what I please.”

Jongin froze when he realized what he just said, and he hoped that Chanyeol didn’t pick up on—

“What about your body?”

.

He couldn’t think up a lie quickly enough, so he opted for silence instead.

“You can talk to me y’know, Jongin. Or even if you don’t tell me what’s wrong, please at least tell me whether or not something is wrong. Baby steps, like you said. Remember?”

Jongin paused uncomfortably.

“Y’know what, never mind,” Chanyeol said, a contented smile replacing his worried expression. “If you want to tell me someday, I’ll always be ready to listen. But for now, let’s think about what we’re gonna do at the fair today with Dr. Junmyeon and his wife! I can already taste the candy apples! The hot dogs! The funnel cake…!” He was nearly glowing. He always got that way when talking about food.

He noticed Jongin roll his eyes and smile slightly. “Awww, of course, you’re my favorite food,” Chanyeol said. “Don’t get jealous.”

Chanyeol noticed a blush creep onto Jongin’s face as he looked at Chanyeol with those innocent shy eyes he gave when Chanyeol said something that was too much of an innuendo or did something beyond his level of romantic comprehension.

Chanyeol smirked sadistically. This was always fun.

“I mean, come on, nothing can compare,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter