2nd

Marriage

“Oh! Where’s Yul?” Bea asked as she entered the room with a trey with two glasses of juice in it.

 

“uhhhm he already left, but just put the juice there. Thank you” Jessica replied while sitting in the sofa and flipping the channel in the T.V.

 

Bea did the order of her little boss “uhhm? Miss Jessica? Can I ask you something?”

 

“you are already asking me but what is it?” Jessica replied without taking his eye away from the television screen

 

“uhhmm is Mr. Yul single?” Bea is only a year older than Jessica and she is a working student.

 

With that question Jessica unconsciously turned her head and look at Bea and she saw a flash of red in the latter’s cheek “wait! don’t tell me you like Yul?”

 

“well he’s really a gentle man and the perfect definition of Tall Dark and Handsome and almost all of the ladies here in our neighborhood likes him so, yes? Maybe?”

 

Honestly Jessica felt proud of what she heard for what the people thinks about her best friend but she also felt a little annoyed for there will be more competition  “What? ALL of the ladies? Well I didn’t know that”

 

“ ’ALMOST’ ALL of, ma’am” Bea corrected

 

“oh, okay well, yeah Yul is single but he likes someone else” she felt a little sting inside her as she said those words, the thought of Yul is inlove with someone who she doesn’t even know, and that is also the reason why  she didn’t tell him what she really felt she is afraid to be rejected and surely their friendship  will be affected.

 

“uh? Is it you miss Jessica?”

 

“me?”

 

“yeah, the person that sir Yul likes”

 

She felt enlightened on what she heard, there will be no suspicion when there is no evidence “why do you think so?”

 

“well I have been serving you as your personal body guard hehehe, and I saw all the things that sir Yul did for you, like what he just did today, giving you a piggy ride to your house is no joke”

 

“are you saying that I’m heavy?” then Jessica gave his deadly glare that made Bea swallow her own saliva

 

“N-NO! of course not, in fact I envy your body, what I was trying to say is that Yul treats you more than a friend he cares for you more than a big brother and he obviously loves you”

 

Jessica’s cheeks went really hot on what she just heard but she quickly turned her look away from Bea and to the T.V. “well I know he loves me but it’s just a friendly love, he says he loves me every time and I know it different from what love really is”

 

“oh!? Well maybe you’ll just have to wait for the time that he will personally tell you how he fells towards you then you don’t have to think it over”

 

With Bea’s words it got her thinking that maybe one day that will happen “yeah right, I don’t like him anyway even if he’ll confess to me”

 

Bea chuckled on what Jessica just said it is evident in her eyes and the way she talks about Yul that she really likes him “Okay Jess but please don’t push away what you really feel because you will just lie and hurt yourself”

 

“Jess?”

 

“Yup, I’m here talking to you as your friend not your maid”

 

“hehehe I miss you bey, I told you, stop calling me ‘Miss Jessica’”

 

“nope I wont, I like calling you formally”

 

“aish! You’re really hard headed you know”

 

“I got it from you” then she stuck her tongue out

 

“I’m not hard headed“ Jessica pouted

 

“yes you are but I still love you” then she hugged Jessica “well, I better  go to the kitchen I still have to prepare food” and then she walked to the kitchen

 

*************************************

 

 

KWON’S HOUSE

 

 

  “Umma, Appa I’m home” Yul announced as he entered their  house

 

“oh, son you look terrible, didn’t the driver picked you up?”

 

“he did umma, I just want to walk that’s all”

 

Then Yul’s dad appeared in the living room “you are just taking a walk and you look like you were carrying a sack of rice”

 

Yul chuckled on what his dad said, because it’s kind of true “actually I was, kind of, I carried Sica all the way home” he said as he scratch the back of his neck

 

“is that so? Well you know honey, Jessica is a sweet and a beautiful kid we wont be against if ever you will have a relationship with her” Mrs. Kwon’s smile is very wide with the thought of Jessica and her son being together for her they will be a perfect couple

 

 “we are just friends umma, and I promised to protect her like my own sister and lastly I can’t risk our friendship, what we have now makes me more than happy”

 

“well it will always be your decision, but honey don’t be afraid to fall inlove again, you know love is not always hurt, okay? and I know Jessica wont leave you like what . . . .”

 

Yul cut him off “. . . . . Like Fany did huh?”  

 

“ no, like what your mind is always telling you, Yul I know you are happy but when something makes you more happier we wont block your way as long as it will not break you apart” Mrs. Kwon gave her most beautiful smile

 

“of course Umma, thank you”

 

“well I know when it comes to love my son wont hurt any girls” Mr. Kwon tried to break the serious atmosphere

 

“No way Appa I would rather hurt my self than seeing a girl cry especially when I love them dearly”

 

Mr. Kwon tapped Yul’s shoulder “that’s my boy, What’s our motto?”

 

“A WOMAN IS A MAN’S TREASURE!!!” both the ‘Man’ in the house shouted proudly and the three Kwon’s laughed, they are truly a wonderful family

 

‘I wonder who would be the one to give me a family like what I have? Is it you Sica my princess? Am I ready to risk the happiness that we have? What if you don’t want me? Then I would probably loss you, but I LOVE YOU JESSICA JUNG and I can’t take seeing you in someone else’s arms’ Yul thought as he was in a group hug with his family.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Should Yul make a huge step for his and Jessica's future?