004

The Risen:Dead After Dark
Layout & Coding by BanaKpopLove

Sorry for the long hiatus > < I honestly forgot about AFF since I had graduation and college. But since it's summer and I'm motived, I'll do my best! Hwaiting!!

**UPDATE: I know I said I was motived... but I guess that meant motived for TV shows, anime, & shopping. I also updated the layout, I think this one works better than the other one ^ ^ Anyway! Enjoy~

tumblr_inline_mszg0tNYH21qz4rgp.gif

 

004 

*SLAM*

The door we exited from swung open. The sound echoed through the parking lot. Frightened by the sound, a few classmates screamed, triggering the zombies around us.

"RUN!!" Sensei shouted as he striked one of the zombie heads. "Stay together! And use your skills to your advantage!"

Miki was no where near me. I looked towards the group but I couldn't see her. I wanted to call out for her but that would only draw too much attention. I kept searching through the dead crowd, swinging my shinai to avoid any contact with the dead.

"Matsuda-san!" Nishikawa-kun hit a zombie behind me. "Where are you going!? You were running the opposite direction of the group. Do you have some kind of death wish?"

"No, it's Miki. I can't find her. Have you seen her?"

"I think I saw her with the group. Now come on, we have to get back to them."

Nishikawa-kun pulled at my arm and gestured the direction he was heading.

"KOE!!!" Miki screamed in the distance.

"Miki..."

I turned towards her voice and ran. Nishikawa-kun ran after me. We were heading back towards the hotel. There was a large shipping truck that was parked near the loading dock with two figures peeking over the top. I was determined to not let Miki down.

Not again.

"Little miss Shizuka came for her Hetakuso, I see!" Ota Ayami pushed Miki to the ground and restrained her by holding onto her hair.

I climbed up the side of the truck. Miki's face was swollen from crying. I felt the anger building up inside me. I wanted to strike her with my shinai then Nishikawa-kun gently touched my shoulder. He shook his head and pulled me behind him. Nishikawa-kun lowered his bokken. 

"Ota-san, let's not get irrational. We should all head back to the group, together. It's much safer than fending for yourself." 

She laughed hysterically before she kicked Miki over to the edge of the truck. "I no longer take orders from anyone, and I'm now the second most popular girl in the school."

"What are you talking about?"

"Nakano Sakuya was shoved down the stairwell into a crowd of zombies!! I SAW - NO!... I did it. It was me, I DID IT! HAHAHA! Can you believe it!?"

"Why!? She was your friend!"

"SHE RUINED MY LIFE!!" she pulled out a gun and pointed it to Nishikawa-kun.

"Ota-san, don't."

"I HATED HER! She use to bully me when we were in grade school but that changed when my parents found out in junior high and paid her off... my parents were rich and she used that to her advantage. I thought she was my best friend but she only wanted the money..." 

Nishikawa-kun looked over to me and motioned with his eyes at Miki then mouthed: wait until I strike. Ota broke into tears, blurring her vision. 

"She didn't stop there, she made me into a monster just like her. She deserved everything she had coming. She even tried to feed me to those virus freaks."

"Ota-san, it's okay. We promise we won't tell anyone what happened." Nishikawa-kun slowly walked toward her. "Come with us-"

He swung his bokken at the gun. It flew out of her hand and she lunged at him. I ran for Miki as soon as she was away from Ota-san.

"Koe-chan" her voice quivered, "She killed Takegawa-san and Koga-kun."

"Come on, we have to go."

I helped Miki up and looked over to Nishikawa-kun and Ota-san. She had him pinned down with his bokken to his neck.

"Help him, Koe-chan. She's a psycho, she'll kill him." 

I gripped my shinai and striked her at the nape of her neck. She dropped to the ground, almost paralyzed. Nishikawa-kun pulled the bokken away from Ota and backed away from her.

"Are you okay?" I reach my hand out as assistance.

"I think so..." he grabbed my hand and smiled. "Come on, the group is probably in need of our help too."

"KOE-CHAN!! THE GUN! SHE HAS IT!!"

*BANG*

"Koe... chan..."

A crimson red spread in the middle of Miki's white blouse. I could feel my heart drop. The blood quickly drained her into a puddle at her feet. Then her body went limp and she slipped off the edge of the truck.

"Miki..." I reached my hand out but I couldn't move. My body became paralyzed with fear and sorrow. All I could do was watch Miki fall into the crowd infected people.

"Don't look at that" Nishikawa turned me away from the horror.

"MIKI!!!" I dropped to my knees as my eyes flooded with tears. "I was suppose to protect you..."

I looked over to Ota and she was still breathing. I made my way over to her and grabbed the gun from the weak hands.

"You. You killed her. Why?.... WHY!?"

"She was weak, *cough* she would have never made it anyway. I figured I was doing you a *coughcough* favor..." 

I held the gun up to her forehead.

"All you did was murder an innocent person!!!"

"Matsuda-san, what are you doing!? Stop!" Nishikawa grabbed my shoulder.

"Stay out of thi-"

*BANG*

As I pushed his hand away I accidentally pulled the trigger. I shot Ota Ayumi.

I killed her.

 

Author's Note:
Thank you for reading and beware of the RISEN SUNBURN!! Happy summer~ 
Layout & Coding by BanaKpopLove