001

The Risen:Dead After Dark
Layout & Coding by BanaKpopLove

A/N: I'm hoping that it shouldn't be too hard to figure out when Koe is speaking in Japanese or Korean > < Hint, hint, Koe doesn't speak very good Korean. For this first chapter I'll be putting Korean romanization and don't be upset if the meaning isn't correct orz anyway, enjoy~ 

image

001 
 

The sun shone violently on the concrete sidewalk. Although I was wearing shoes they were not enough to keep the hot concrete from burning my feet. My feet were tired, tired from always running, and my arms ached, ached from fighting. I didn't want to beieve any of it happened but what's done is done, this is now my reality. I just... I just wish I could have saved all those people from this... this apocalypse. And even now, as I escape run to who know where, I still remember the day it all started.

 

"Koe-chan~" Miki poked at my arm as an attempt to wake me. "Koe-chan! Tanaka Sensei said we're leaving soon, we need to hurry. Plus we may see some Korean idols in the airport~ KYAAAA!! I hope I see Rain Ajusshi."

"Miki~ I was having the best dream and you just ruined it" I playfully pushed her face away from mine.

"Dream later, we're about to get off the plane" Miki hit my hand away from her face. "But do tell me what you were dreaming of~"

I thought for a second to organize my thoughts and just as I remembered what I had dreamt embarrassment apeared all over my face. Miki grinned and nudged at my arm.

"Let me guess" Miki leaned then whispered into my ear, "It's Nishi-"

"Matsuda-san, Yamamoto-san. Tanaka Sensei and the rest of the class is waiting for you guys." 

Why did sensei* have to send Nishikawa Hisao, I... I can't act normal around. I just get too...

"Matsuda-san, are you okay? your face is all red..."

"Ah, Nishikawa-san! You don't have to worry about us, we were just getting up." Miki made an effort to cover my face, acting as though she were folding her jacket.

Hisao noded to us then made his way back to the exit of the plane. Miki quickly pushed me up and out of my seat, hurrying me to get my things so we wouldn't keep our classmates waiting but I couldn't help but think of Hisao-kun at the moment. His faint smile broadened the more he spoke as his eyes formed into the shape of crescent moons the more he laughed or smiled. I wanted to have one of those cheesy love story dramas with him. I couldn't help myself around him, I've liked him since junior high, can you blame me?

After Miki and I exiting the plane we were briefly scolded by Tanaka Sensei, as usual, then was put on bag duty. In other word, once we got to the hotel we were the one stuck watching the luggage as Sensei checked in and the others got to take a look around while they waited. But like anything this was normal for me and Miki since somehow we - or as I should be saying, Miki - always gots in trouble. Back in elementary school, when I first met Miki, I was warned not to be friends with her. All the other kids said she was weird and made rumors about her. At first I did as they said and kept my distance in fear of the things I've heard about her, but one day I took it upon myself to actually ask whether they were true or not. I became the first kid that talked to her since kindergarten and the first to become her friend; and though I was nearly outcasted like her but I was glad I could be there for her.

We were treated horribly throughout elementary school but as long as I had Miki I knew I could endure the bullying. Junior high came around and we were no longer the social outcasts thanks to one person in particular. Prince of the school, captain of the kendo team, and ranked top five in our school. It was Hisao-kun that saved us from three more years of social deprivation. I am forever grateful to him, but I can't say we aren't bullied at all.

"Shizuka*-chan, what's wrong?" Nakano Sakuya came with a group of girls and suddenly wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "Are you sad because you aren't able to hang out with Prince Hisao? Or is that the sorry look you always have on your face?"

Nakano Sakuya, ranked #2 in the top 5 most popular and prettiest girls in our school. Though from what I see her hostile personality gives her charming face no justice and it's that front that's kept her on top of the school for so long. With a pretty face and manipulative nature, you sure can get by pretty well.

"Leave her alone" Miki glared at Nakano.

"What? Did I say something that offended you? Because I'm pretty sure I was talking to Shizuka-chan, not you."

"Maybe Hetakuso* is jealous that you're giving Shizuka-chan so much attention" Nakano's wing man, Ota Ayami, crossed her arms as she grinned at Miki.

Ota Ayami, ranked right under Nakano Sakuya. I remember her from junior high, she was also an outcast, timid and humble. Then one day she started hanging out Nakano. After that she totally transformed herself into somewhat of a duplicate of Nakano only five times more violent. It's ashame that a girl that got bullied became the bully herself.

"Maybe she's right, maybe I should give you guys equal attention. Whaddya think? Shizuka-chan? Hetakuso?"

She grew furious as we sat there silently, trying to ignore her until she went away. She suddenly kicked at a nearby bag, stomping on it until it seem as though the contents of the bag was completely done for. Nakano picked the bag up and threw it to Miki. "Oh no, looks like Hetakuso was yet again clumsy. Looks like you'll have to explain yourself to Shinimi-kun, and trust me when I say he will not be happy to hear about this."

"Good luck" Ota said as the others giggled to themselves.

"Miki-chan, are you alright?" I sat down next to her. "Don't worry about Shinimi-kun, I'm sure he'll understand. I'll convince him it wasn't us. He knows we wouldn't do something like this to him."

As we all got into our rooms and unpack our things, we expected Shinimi-kun to come looking for us.

"Miki" I came out onto the balcony, holding the demolished bag, "Shall we.... return this?"

"I... " Miki hesitated to speak and stared down at people a roaming the streets about ten stories below. "I.... Eh, Koe-chan, look!"

"Hm?"

The streets below became rowdy as people panicked to get away from something, or rather someone. Cars crashed into each other, people stepping on one another, what was going on? What were they so desperately running from?

"Eh? Why are they running from those people? Is this some kind of terrorist attack?" Miki looked at me in fear.

"We need to warn everyone but we need to get inside right now" I pulled Miki in. "Miki-chan, I'm gonna go report this to Tanaka Sensei, do you think you can pack anythink you think would be useful?"

She nodded. I headed for the door, right before leaving I gave her a reassuring smile and headed down the hall to Tanaka Sensei's room. I pushed through a few people panicking in the halls, I couldn't understand what they were saying but assumed they were talking about what was happening outside seeing that they held some sharp objects in their hand. I did my best to avoid them then reach the end of the hall where Tanaka Sensei's room was. I knocked on the door and waited for a response. About half a minute later the door opened.

"Matsuda-san, you should go back to your room, it's not safe right now."

"Sensei, you already know? Tell me what's going on outside."

"I honestly don't know, all i know is that it'll be a lot safer to just stay in your room."

A man, who I assumed was an employee at the hotel, approached us. "Ah, seongsaengnim, samonim, dangshinui bangeseo haejuseyo." 

"He said to go back to your room. Go on, it's not safe here. If anything goes wrong just call."

I ran back to my room, pushing through the people that crowded the hallway, and pounded on the door. "Miki, it's me, let me in." She opened the door an pulled me inside and towards the balcony. "We can't" I pulled away, "we need to stay-" the tv cut me off. I couldn't understand what any of it was saying but the fearful expression on Miki's face told me that this was serious.

"Miki, what's wrong? What's going on?"

"We're being attacked not by terrorist but... zombies..."

"Eh?"

 

 
Author's Note:
 
Sensei - Teacher | Shizuka - Quiet | Hetakuso - a clumsy person
 Hey guys ^ ^ Thank you so much for check my story out. This is the first story I'm actually determined to write so I hope this chapter was okay for you guys! Thanks again for reading <3 And beware of the RISEN   image image image 
Layout & Coding by BanaKpopLove