Flash Mob 2/3

Teen Top C.A.P Oneshot and Short Story Compilation

I sipped my hot choco as I sit inside Cafe Dani, waiting for my boyfriend, Minsoo. Today is our third anniversary of being together. Some think that that may be a long time while others would still think that we were just beginning to really know each other. Whatever, I think these three long years with Minsoo are the three best years of my life. I love him so much that I can already see myself spending the rest of my life with him. Have our own house, bear his children, and live a happy life with him.

 

I checked my wrist watch and saw that it’s still 5 more minutes until our agreed time. One thing I like about Minsoo is that he’s never late. He would always appear in time. And that’s one of the many things we have in common. We believe that being on time is showing respect to other people’s time. Ah, I loved him even more when I heard him say that.

 

While sitting here alone and simply watching each customer come and go, I can’t help but think about my future with Minsoo. I wanted to propose to him. We might be in the 22nd century right now but Koreans still remain conservative when it comes to these things. I know, people would raise their eyebrows when they learn that I was the one who proposed, but who cares? I’ve lived 23 long years of my life, learning how to ignore people’s opinion about what I do, as long as I’m happy with it and that I didn’t step on other people’s rights doing it.

 

And that’s it, right? Whose rights will I be stepping on when I do that? No one’s! And so, the plan is made inside my head. I smiled at this rebellious side of me. But this is me. And I believe that the right moment don’t really come for you. You create it and make it the right moment. And so, the right moment is now.

 

But wait, I don’t have a ring yet! Stupid me. Who proposes without an engagement ring? Ugh! My mind raced. In my head, I’m scanning the area for the nearest jewelry store where I can buy the ring quick and be back before Minsoo gets here. But my phone is ringing!

 

“Hi! Where are you?” I greeted when I  answered the phone.

 

“Hi! I’m on my way. But I might be late by a few minutes.” I can almost see him squirm when he said that he’d be late. He hates it when people are late for their appointment. But he sure hates it more when he’s the one to be late.

 

I laughed at his cuteness. “It’s alright, honey, but you’re in the area already, right?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“All’s well then. See you in a few.”

 

“I love you!”

 

“I love you more.”

 

“No, I love YOU more.”

 

I laughed a hearty laugh. Oh, Bang Minsoo. How you make my heart dance in glee.

 

“Okay. I’ll see you in a bit?”

 

“I won’t let you miss me.”

 

Again, I laugh before hanging up.

 

I still have this silly smile on my lips when I thought about skipping across the street to buy the ring. But he did say he’s in the area already. It would be bad for him to arrive and see me gone. I sighed. I guess I’d have to do it later.

 

That’s when my favorite song played inside the cafe and my thoughts automatically stopped to enjoy the song.

 

I’m no angel, I’m just me, but I will love you endlessly.
Wings aren’t what you need..
You need me..

 

Before I knew it, I was smiling and Minsoo was standing in front of me with that goofy smile playing on his lips. I smiled at him and he leaned in to give me a light kiss on my left cheek. I can feel people staring at us and I would love to think that every girl inside the cafe are jealous of me right now. After all, my boyfriend is a real looker. He’s got such handsome face that is a combination of his smooth forehead, thick brows, small eyes, tall nose, and shapely lips. Oh, lest we forget, he have such angular jaw line too!!

 

No one can see his y tattoos right now because he’s wearing a long-sleeved shirt. But if they could, I bet these girls would be drooling by now! I’m not even going to elaborate how y his body is! Oh geez, I should stop. I’m hyperventilating!

 

“I see your favorite song is playing. Could it be that they know it’s your favorite song?” He said in his y deep voice.

 

“Could be. We’re constant customers here, anyway.” I said as I give him a sweet smile.

 

He took my hand in his and sat beside me. “Did you order anything yet?”

 

I shook my head and looked at the menu.

 

“What will you have? I already had hot choco earlier. What about some cake?”

 

“Sounds sweet.”

 

Before I know it, people have started rising to their feets and began dancing. I looked at Minsoo and saw him staring at the crowd too. What is happening?

 

“What do you think is happening?” I asked him.

 

He turned to me and with a sweet smile pasted on his lips said, “I think someone will be proposing soon. Look, it’s a flash mob.” He declared and my heart went to my throat. I suddenly remembered the thought that crossed my mind earlier.

 

“Y-you think so?”

 

“Aw, ain’t that sweet? And the same as your favorite song too!” He said smiling.

 

“What a coincidence, huh?”

 

“Hey,” Minsoo started and my attention automatically focused on him. “If it was you, what kind of proposal would you like?”

 

My response has been quick. I smiled at him and started elaborating how my dream proposal would be like.

 

“I want my favorite song to play. Then people will start dancing along with it. I mean, yeah, it’s a love song but it has an addicting melody, right? That should be good for dancing. Then on the last chorus, I would love it if you would sing along the lines that says;

 

The ink may stain my skin
And my jeans may all be ripped
I’m not perfect
But I swear I’m perfect for you

 

“..that would be really romantic. And then, my family would come out from somewhere, giving us their blessings..” I was staring at Minsoo the whole time and I can’t stop myself from imagining all of these coming true. He was smiling at me too as he gently squeeze my hand. I feel happy.

 

“And then?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“How do you want the guy to pop the question?”

 

I smiled even wider, if that is at all possible.

 

“Down on one knee while announcing to the whole crowd how he wants to spend his life with me?” I said these words as I stare lock in his eyes. I can see my future with this man. No, I can’t see any other future but with him. I love him so so much!

 

He smiled at my response when I noticed one man approach us and handed him a guitar. The crowd has stopped dancing now and I realized that it was the part for the last chorus. My handsome boyfriend let go of my hand and started strumming on the guitar. My jaw dropped when he began singing..

 

The ink may stain my skin
And my jeans may all be ripped
I’m not perfect
But I swear I’m perfect for you..”

 

As if on cue, I saw my family coming in from different directions with roses in their hands. I saw my mom crying happy tears with dad patting her shoulder. His eyes are also glistened with tears.

 

I looked at Minsoo but couldn’t form any words. My brothers came into view as well and soon, even our friends are there. Again, I looked at Minsoo only to see him grab the mic and fall on one knee.

 

That’s it for me, I burst into tears with my hand on my mouth to stop myself from wailing. What in the world?

 

“I want to give you everything your heart desires. I want to create the ideal world for you. The perfect world. Call it selfish or self-serving, whatever,” Despite my tears, I laughed at this part. I can see that he’s grasping for words to say. And my heart ache for him. I love him so much and my heart swells with the knowledge that he love me as much! I’m so blessed!

 

“I can’t believe you forgot that I already asked you about your ideal proposal and that you didn’t had any idea that I would  be proposing to you now. You know, you’ve always been the observant one so I was really scared that you’d learn what I was planning to do before this day even come. But I still managed to surprise you, right?”

 

I seriously can’t believe what I am hearing right now.

 

“I want to marry you. I want to marry you so bad that I even considered the thought of walking out of here earlier and going to the nearby jewelry store to buy an engagement ring. I considered proposing to you!”

 

This time, it’s his turn to stood agape. Then he smiled and squeezed my palm.

 

“So, is that a yes?” He had this sweet smile on his face that will forever be etched in my heart.

 

“Yes yes yes!” I said in one heartbeat and he slid the ring on my finger. I heard the roar of applause and cheers from everyone around us and only then did I notice that everyone was watching us. I totally forgot. Well, when I’m with Minsoo, I easily forget that there are other people around. It’s like my whole world zooms in on him and that there’s no one else but him and me. Just the two of us.

 

He kissed me on my lips then smiled even wider when he pulled back. “So, you wanted to propose to me, huh? Good thing I decided to do it now.”

 

“Why?”

 

He looked at me, definitely sensing that I’m being my feminist side again. “Oh, not that I think it’s a man’s job to do that but because I want it to be me. I want you to know how much I want to be with you for the rest of my days.”

 

I smiled and cupped his face between my hands.

 

“I love you. No words can express just how much I do.”

 

“I love you more.”

 

“I love YOU more!”

 

We laughed and since then, we shared more laughter that our beating hearts allowed us.



____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: This is Part 2 of the three one shots. The third one will be posted shortly! ^0^