Crush 1/3

Teen Top C.A.P Oneshot and Short Story Compilation

Disclaimer: This is an adapted story.

 

I recently watched a movie entitled “Crush”. As the title goes, the movie went around the story of a girl’s extreme crush to this hunk of a guy who plays soccer really well. She would collect news clips of him that shows how well he did during his team’s most recent match. And he’s really good. And good looking. He has such a nice smile, pleasant personality, great body, and an adorable smile to top it all off.

 

I can’t blame her. Really, I can’t. He’s like an ultimate crush to anyone. So the story plays around her huge crush on him that always walks on the thin boundary between cute and creepy admiration. She keep tabs on him, check where he is and go there, and even know the time when he would pass by her house every morning as he do his everyday jogs.

 

The story unfolds and showed that extreme crush on someone can make you delusional. And yes, it ended in kidnapping, murder, and psychiatric ward. I won’t give out any other details about the movie in case you’re intrigued to watch it. I say, watch it. And you have to take my word that I didn’t give out any spoiler. No, sir. Honest. I didn’t. You have to watch the movie to validate that I’m telling the truth.

 

So, speaking of crush, I have a crush on someone. Nice segway, huh?

 

The thing is, I’m a guy. Unlike the protagonist in that movie, I am a guy who have this huge crush on my classmate. I’m Bang Minsoo, by the way. I’m 24 now and on my final year in college. I’m taking up Performing Arts, Major in Dance. I may not be the best in my class but I know that my skills are impressive enough to give me confidence to tell her how I feel.

 

But. I. Can’t!!

 

She’s this super smart girl that her IQ would border genius but she doesn’t look all nerdy with baggy clothing and thick eyeglasses. Not that I have anything bad against that fashion style, I’m simply trying to make a point here, okay?

 

She’s an It Girl. She’s smart and always tops her classes. She’s taking up law, by the way, but she’s also hot! She have long wavy black hair, large brown eyes, tall nose, plump lips - all beautifully carved on her oval-shaped face.

 

Everything around her spells perfection and I just couldn’t bring myself to tell her how I feel about her because I’m afraid there are far more better men around her. You know, much more deserving for her. My confidence and mood deflate every time I think about her being with another man. But I just couldn’t bring myself to tell her! I’m being a complete coward, I know. But that’s just me. Sigh.

 

Today is February 18. To her and to anybody else, this day might be an ordinary one. But for me, this is the day that I secretly celebrate our anniversary. This year is our third. Well, to make things clear, this is the day I first laid eyes on her. I didn’t believe in love at first sight before. But after seeing her strutting into the auditorium where our dance classes are being held, my heart went to my throat and I know, I know.. cupid struck me. And he struck me hard. I’m a little pissed with cupid though. How come he didn’t strike her too? Three long years! Three long years of loving her from a distance. Will my chance ever come to tell her how wonderful I think she is?

 

Damn it, Bang Minsoo! You’re such a sissy!

 

“Minsoo-ya!” My musings were cut when I heard my name being called. I looked up and a smile quickly spread across my face.

 

“Noona!” I greeted her and kissed her on the cheek. My sister. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I was in the area and thought I should pay my handsome dongsaeng a visit. So, how’s it going?”

 

“What?”

 

“That girl you have a crush on? I thought by now you’ve already told her.” She has a disappointed look on her face but the playful smile that immediately tugged at the corner of her lips made me smile. She’s playing me!

 

“I don’t know, noona. She’s out of my league.” I sighed defeated.

 

“Is that her?”

 

My head quickly snapped in attention when she said that. And true to what my heart has been expecting to see, it’s her! And she’s walking towards our direction. I would’ve smiled and at least wave to greet her but my smile transformed into a frown, then a deeper frown. Before I know it, my knuckles are clenched and I’m imagining murder!

 

Kidding. I may not look like this but I’m no fan of violence. But I have to admit. I’m jealous. She was walking with a man. But that’s not all. The man have his arm around her shoulders. Could it be?

 

I can feel heaviness in my heart and I know that I’m in no position to feel hurt. But I can’t help it! Without thinking, I walked up to them. I heard my noona exhaled a loud gasp but I paid her no mind. I walked towards them, towards her, and said;

 

“Honey, who is this guy? Is he a friend of yours? How come you haven’t introduced him to your boyfriend? I’m hurt.” I pout for the cute effect. After that was done, I realized how big of a dummy I’ve been and swallowed my tongue. I can’t believe I just said that!

 

I looked at her and her face shows nothing. I can’t read her emotions at all! This time, I got scared. Maybe he really is her boyfriend and that they will fight because of what I did. My god, Minsoo! Why are you such a pabo? Now, even being friends with her would be impossible!

 

I want the earth to swallow me whole right now. I just can’t face her anymore after this.

 

Then something weird happened. I heard the man snicker. And then he started laughing. Loud. I looked at him and thought that maybe he’s going to punch me anytime soon. I readied myself. I might’ve done something stupid but I won’t allow anyone to beat me to a pulp without putting up a fight.

 

“How come you never told me you are already in a relationship with your crush? You even asked me for advice but I see now that you’ve already worked your way to him, huh? You finally confessed? That’s my sister!” The man have a wide grin on his face as he tighten his arm around her shoulder.

 

What? Brother? Their siblings? Now that I look at them closer, they really do resemble each other. But what’s with the other thing he said? She has a crush on me? OHMYGOD!

 

I stared at her and she was staring at me too. The world zoomed out and I can no longer hear my sister’s frantic squealing at the back. She probably heard everything but I can’t focus on her right now. My attention was full on this goddess in front of me. Her almond eyes are staring at me. I can’t look away. Her eyes are like magnet that attracts me more and more to her.

 

After what seems like eternity, I finally found my voice.

 

“So… sorry about that.” I said, definitely embarrassed about what I just did.

 

She laughed and her laughter rings magically in my ears. Okay, I’m delusional now. But I’m not lying, her laughter is definitely something else. I can listen to it day in and day out.

 

“So, my boyfriend,  huh?” She said, her smile never faltering.

 

“Asking for advice, huh?” She laughed at this and I couldn’t feel any happier.

 

We walked in a slow pace. Not knowing what to say but definitely wanted to be with the other.

 

After a few minutes, I man up and started a conversation.

 

“Why don’t we start from the beginning? My name is Minsoo.” I smiled at her as I offer my hand. She took it and said her name with a smile.

 

I never let go of her hand from then on. I never thought that February 18 would really become our anniversary.




___________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Kyaaaaaaa!!! If this happen to me, I don’t know what I will do! Imagine! Learning that your crush has a crush on you too! Ugh ugh ugh!! Lemme spazz, people. Spazz with me!!!

 
P.S. This story is written in the celebration of the third year of me being in love with Bang Minsoo. Three years, three one-shots. This is the first of the three. Wait for the other two. :)