Chapter 4

You're a What?!

“And what you had to show me was?” You sigh as he begins to walk towards the middle of the dance floor and sits in the exact center. He closes his eyes as you notice him beginning to meditate. “This is it? the fact that you can meditate” He shrugs and shushes you patting the side next to him.

    “Just sit.” He speaks in a strict voice, never opening his eyes. You move next to him as he takes a deep breathe. “Close your eyes, don’t move and hold my hand.” You obey sitting next to him, yet not taking his hand you clasp your own together.

    “If this is some trick to get me to hold your hand it is not going to happen.” You smirk with your eyes close just imagining his face of anger. Although you thought he was going to be mad he answered annoyingly and dead serious.

    “Just take my hand.” He places his hand on your leg feeling around for your hand as you can feel your cheeks turning crimson red. You take his hand and take a deep breathe.

    “This is it?” you take a deep breathe once more as you try to subdue the raging spark when you touched him. Just as you are about to run out of patience you feel something weird.

    “No, this is… Open your eyes” He commands as you slowly open your eyes and look around to see a large collection of weapons and a whole training field set up.

(pretend the glowing lights are weapons)

    “What is this supposed to be?” You let go of his hands immediately standing up and looking around for even the slightest sign that its still your dance room. “Where is my dance studio?” Lightly wincing at the thought that your dance room might be gone forever you pick up the weapon closest to you and point it at Maru.

    “Hey, calm down… I can turn this back to your dance room once we are done I promise.” He lowers the knife slowly with his hands. “We must find out what Gods you come from.. What powers you may have.”

    “Gods? Powers? Look I don’t know what you are smoking or what kind of magic you are doing here but I want out.” You take a step closer flimsily trying to stab him with the knife.

    “Yes, Gods… all Gods actually, from all different religions and beliefs… You are one of us.. You have powers..” He nods slowly after dodging your attempt to injure him.

    “Us? Who is us? Look, I want answers…. Now! I will kill you if you don’t” Trying to be strong you lift your head and widen your stance.

    “I will tell you something to do… It will answer everything..” He steps away a little “You need to lay down and meditate or sleep, something that clears your mind. I will leave.. When you are done and have everything you need come to me…” He begins to slowly walk away.

    “Wait.. Where will you be?” You shyly ask, feeling vulnerable for the first time.

    “You’ll know when the time comes.” He gives you a reassuring smile and begins to walk away once more.

    “Maru….”

    “Yeah?”

    “I’m scared..”

    “Don’t be…. wimp….” He smirks before disappearing off in the distance.

    Laying down on the stones and mossy forest ground, you close your eyes as you slowly drift into sleep. In a split second you see everything, or at least everything you think you need. A bright yellow light that speaks.. Yes a light that speaks. Ridiculous right?

    “You descend from all the gods… Congratulations you are one of 3 whom descended from all the Gods.” Lightly shivering you wake up and look around groggily. The smell of chlorine fills your nose as you look around your dance studio.. He’s at the pool. Shakingly you get up and begin to walk downstairs where Maru is moving the water around the room with his hands somehow.

    “Maru..” You look at him slightly confused as he looks at you startled and drops all the water.. on top of you. “Maru!”

    “About time you come back.. You took forever..” He reaches for one of the towels on a shelve and hands it to you, you take the towel and wrap it over your shoulders.

    “What do you mean I took like 3 minutes…” You look at him in disbelief.

“More like 3 hours…. I was running out of things to do!” He chuckles at you before sitting in one of the beach chairs. “So what happened? From whom do you descend from?”

“Everyone…” You bite your lip as you slowly make your way to sit next to him. “The voice.. it said something about me being one of the three children with this gift..” Wrapping the blanket around yourself tightly you move closer to him. “I don’t know what exactly is going on but… I’m not scared anymore. It was as if knowing that I am suddenly more powerful than the average person makes me more strong willed.” You lean back into your chair and look at the water. Through the reflection you see Maru’s face.. blank and emotionless.

“You Miyoung are one of the few who are chosen to create the next generation of demigods.” He sits on the edge of your chair and moves his face closer to you.

“You are in for one hell of a ride.” He smirks and begins to slowly walk away.

“Wait what? You are not allowed to leave my property until you answer ALL my questions!” With one sudden instinctive move you swing your arm making all the vines in the garden outside the building break through the building and grip around Maru. They pull him to a beach chair in which he gets tangled and stuck.

    “Miyoung…. please relax I am starting to not be able to breathe.” He grasps around for something to pull himself up with when with a sudden raise of your hand all the vines move out of the building once more.

    “What just happend?” completely confused you sit down and curl up in a ball.

    “You unlocked your powers… look, here is this book.. It will explain everything I promise. Right now I have to go…. I’m so sorry” He wiggles his fingers in the air and suddenly a book appears and lands on my lap. He stands up and walks away the sound of the door closing comes shortly after.

Hey you guys!! I'm baaack~ I'm so sorry I have been gone I got really busy with school and work and 4-H... but anyways please comment and subscribe and I will hopefully see you soon again xD