The Cause (KEo)

A Drunk's Confession

"Hyung..."

Ken gulped as he met Leo in the living room. His heart just pumped blood faster than usual as his eyes met with his hyung's cold eyes.

"U-uh," Ken awkwardly chuckled as he looked away. "I-I was just about to go to our room and..."

Leo looked at him from head to toe, as if judging him, then he walked away from him and went out of their dorm. Ken sighed in relief as he held his chest.

When he woke up earlier, he found Leo staring at him, then he realized that he was beside Leo. Remembering what happened the night before, Ken got so embarrassed that he just ran away from Leo who had a hangover.

"Does he remember?" Ken's jaw dropped. "What if he thought I... when he was the one who actually-"

He felt shy again as he rememered what happened the night before.

***

After kissing Leo's forehead, the older suddenly grabbed him and Ken fell over him. Leo murmured his name twice or thrice as he could remember, then held his nape and kissed him hard. "I l-love you," he said, and Ken was so shocked that he was not able to react that fast, but he closed his eyes tightly after awhile then pushed Leo as he pulled himself away.

"H-Hyung!" He shouted. "Y-you're drunk!" Ken tried to go when Leo momentarily stopped, but Leo was obviously stronger than him that he was able to move Ken below him and kissed him more. "H-Hyung..." he mumbled. He didn't know what to do because he was really feeling butterflies in his stomach. He became passive as Leo's lips went to his neck as he ed his shirt. "D-Don't... please don't do this. Y-You're drunk and you don't know what you are doing."

Leo smirked as he kissed his neck. "S-so y-you think... I don't know what I'm d-doing r-right now?"

Ken gulped and looked away. "Is this because... I confessed to you?"

"J-Jaehwan, am I really an to you?" Leo asked as he sat on the bed. "Do you h-honestly think it's because of t-that?"

Ken wasn't able to speak. Leo kissed Ken again, that time, carefully on his lips. That time, Ken kissed him back and s his arms around his hyung's neck. The kiss went deeper and deeper that they almost forgot they needed to breathe, so once Leo left Ken's lips, they caught their breath.

Leo stared at Ken.

"T-tell me, J-Jaehwan... Am I really that k-kind of p-person to you? Why, because I am not fond of telling my feelings?"

"Taekwoon... I am confused... and afraid, that once you wake up tomorrow, you won't remember what you did."

Leo put his head on Ken's chest. "T-that is what... you really think of me, I know now."

"Hyung... don't misunderstand... I- Leo hyung?"

He realized that Leo already fell asleep again, that time, over him.

Ken sighed and patted Leo's head. "I just want us to do this when you are already in your right mind." He kissed his temple.

***

"Ken," The manager called him. "Are you going or not?"

Ken got startled as he remembered that he had schedule an hour later. "Yes!" He ran towards the manager, completely forgetting what he's supposedly getting.

***

There was a cold silence in the van.

Leo was usually quiet, but he occasionally talked to members whenever he would get bored listening to music.

Ken was pretending not to care, but he really cared about Leo's thoughts right then.

"You drank soju yesterday right? You left all bottles in the living room! You should have thrown them when you got time," the manager scolded.

"Sorry, Shinwoo hyung," Ken apologized. "Oh yeah, when did you arrive?"

"Four hours ago. I actually saw you cuddling in bed so-"

Leo froze while Ken's jaw dropped. "Hyung! You're mistaken! Nothing happened-"

"Someone must have taken advantage," Leo murmured as he continued listening to the music.

Ken yelled. "I did not! You-"

"Stop it now," Shinwoo said. "Ken, call Ravi and ask him if he is going back already."

Shinwoo tossed the phone to Ken and the latter caught it. He dialled Ravi's phone and a woman picked the phone up. "Hello? Ah! Jiwonie!"

Leo's eyebrows met for a split second.

"Jiwonie! I miss you! Yeah, it's been a while," Ken started to use his cute voice and then he giggled like a teenager afterwards. "Yep. Leo hyung is with me, but never mind him... you have me."

Leo raised his eyebrows as he looked at Ken through the side of his eyes.

"Your brother is very nice to me," Ken said and then he looked outside, "Of course, my dear Jiwonie. I will always help Wonshik. Wonshik! How could you? Don't mind me..." Ken awkwardly laughed. "Yeah, got to go! Please tell Wonshik he needs to go back."

Ken hanged up and gave the phone to the manager. "Wow, I didn't know Wonshik's sister would talk to you like that."

"We are close," Ken commented.

"Close," Leo repeated, his voice full of doubt. "I didn't know you're close with Wonshik's sister."

Ken didn't like Leo's tone but he chose not to speak in reply.

Ken noticed how Leo was treating him extra cold. Maybe he thought that he was the one who took advantage of what happened last night.

"Why was he acting like that?" asked Ken softly with only him hearing it.

***

They arrived at the voice studio. Ken and Leo weren't talking, and Ken was feeling awkward. He didn't know what's wrong with Leo. He didn't know why he was acting like he was very pissed off at him.

He sighed as he waited for Leo to finish his vocal training. Ken remained seated at the sofa as he watched Leo through a huge glass that separated the waiting room and the practice room. Not long after, the vocal coach asked Ken to come over so he entered the studio. The vocal coach told them that he would just go a have a coffee outside so he left the two of them inside.

The atmosphere was still cold, but Ken didn't want it so he broke the ice.

"Hyung, why aren't you talking? I mean... yeah, you naturaly don't talk but... I feel awkward so... I feel like I did something wrong?" Ken asked. Leo was reviewing the song and didn't look at Ken as if he wasn't there. "Taekwoon hyung..."

Leo put the paper down on the table. "What do you think?"

"I don't know!" Ken almost yelled because he really felt frustrated. "I don't know!"

"I seriously don't want to talk to you, so can you please shush and let me concentrate?" Leo asked softly as he reviewed the song piece again.

Ken breathed heavily twice to stop his tears from falling. His throat was hurt because he was trying not to cry in front of the monster in front of him. Last night, he was telling him words that made him so happy, then the next day, he was telling him words that hurt him. He clenched his fists and stood. "Fine! I'll leave then."

He almost ran towards the door to exit so that Leo could not see him crying, but the door opened before he could twist the doorknob. Ravi appeared in front of Ken with a wide smile. "Hi everyone!" He greeted, then he realized that Ken was crying. "H-hyung?" He displayed a worried expression. "What happened?"

"Let's go!" Ken grabbed the younger's wrist and dragged him out. Ravi was too shocked to react so he just let Ken drag him.

They arrived at the rooftop and Ken closed the door behind them. Ken let go of Ravi.

"I'm sorry Wonshik if I dragged you here," Ken smiled as he wiped his tears off his face. "Leo hyung is a jerk!"

"He's always a jerk but then he's still a soft kitty," Ravi laughed. "Why are you so mad at him?"

"He got drunk yesterday and he..." he trailed off, contemplating if he would tell Ravi who was anticipating of the continuation. Ken sighed. There was no turning back. Besides, it's Ravi. What could possible go wrong? He continued, "...he kissed me, and we nearly... d-did... i-it."

Ravi looked so shocked. He remained speechless when he got what Ken was going to say. "H-He did not!"

Ken chuckled bitterly. "Yeah, I would believe so too, but he really did. But I... I can't let him do it because he's drunk! What if he forgets? What would it be like for me? How would I act around him? And now, he really forgot what happened, and he suddenly thought that I initiated the move!"

Ravi approached Ken and put his hands on his hyung's shoulder facing him. "Hyung," he stated in a very serious tone and he was staring at him as if Ken was going to melt. Ken met his eyes. "I mean Jaehwan... can I be honest with you?"

"W-What's with the informality-"

Ken was surprised when Ravi suddenly gave him a short kiss. The younger was also the one who ended it, but Ravi had his face close to Ken's and only about three inches was the distance between their lips. Ken felt a little weird as his heart beat fast - not because he liked it, but because he was nervous. "I know how you feel about Taekwoon hyung, that is why you are acting like that right now. If it's me, I wouldn't even feel bothered, because we're brothers. But you," Ravi touched his cheek and slightly pinched the older's jawline. "You are expecting more."

"W-Wonshik... what-"

"I say," Ravi hooked his right arm around Ken's shoulder and pulled him closer into a hug. Then he continued, "how about we date instead? Forget about Leo hyung, forget about my sister. Just look at me from now on, because I hate it when you look at Taekwoon hyung and at my sister and because I like you."

Ravi let go of Ken who was still frozen because of what Ravi said. It was really uncalled for yet he could feel his sincerity. Besides, he was not drunk. "Wonshik... u-uh... I don't know what to say."

Ravi smiled. "It's alright, hyung, if you can't give me an answer today. But what I am saying is that I want you to think it over," Ravi paused and sighed. He walked passing by Ken then he said, "Let's go. If the vocal coach does not find you anywhere, you're dead-"

"Wonshik..." Ken called Ravi as he held his wrist once more. The younger didn't turn towards him, but he stopped walking. "I have something to tell you."

***

What they received were judging eyes and shocked gasps.

"W-Wonshik... you... Jaehwan... dating?" N, the leader, was the most affected one. He was near to hyperventilate at that very moment, when Ken and Ravi confessed that they were dating morning of December 31. The oldest could not seem to comprehend - Ravi and Ken seemed nothing but close friends but dating? "If you combine all those words, I would not find it coherent."

"You are not serious," Hongbin was also doubting it. He was shaking his head. "I can't believe that you're dating... I've always thought Ken hyung liked Wonshik's sister."

Hyuk then looked at Leo who was just quiet, as per usual, then to Ravi, then to Ken, and finally, to the couple's intertwined hands. "I've always thought Ken liked Leo hyung."

Ken was startled then he tightened his grasp to his boyfriend's hand. He looked frantically at Ravi, then Ravi looked back at him with a smile. Ken then denied, "Sanghyuk, I've always liked Ravi, not Leo hyung! When did you even get-"

Hyuk lifted his hand and counted with his fingers. "First, the way you looked at him. Second, the way you do everything you can so that he'd be impressed. Third-"

"Sanghyuk, stop talking nonsense. Our Ken is in love with Ravi," N said, completely convinced. His expression became lighter than earlier and he was also smiling. "And Ravi is in love with Ken."

"But hyung-"

"Aish, Sanghyuk," N cut the youngest. "You're too young to know. Let's just be happy for them. Right, Taekwoon?"

Leo stood and left the others. Ken was the most concerned that he even followed Leo with his gaze. Ravi used his thumb to caress Ken's hand then he looked at Ken who in turn smiled back at his boyfriend. "Yep, we're in love."

Ken put up an awkward smile then he looked back at the door where Leo exited.

***

"I really am in doubt. I've always known that Ken hyung was really into Leo," Hyuk told Hongbin who was eating some cup noodles. They were waiting for their turn to practice for the new year countdown music festival. "What do you think, hyung?"

"I don't know. I never had such interest about their love story," Hongbin said. "But I have to admit. I was shocked that they actually are dating."

Hyuk was about to say something when Leo suddenly appeared. He looked like he was so pissed off that he almost broke the door of the assigned room to them. "Damn it!"

They never saw or heard Leo cursing loudly, only on that day, so they were quite scared. Hongbin almost threw the cup noodles he was holding.

"He said he loved me, then now he's dating him!? What the hell was he thinking!?" Leo almost yelled. Good thing, only the two youngest where there, N, Ravi and Ken were out. "Damn it, Lee Jaehwan! Damn it!"

"Calm down, hyung. What's with the cursing?" Hongbin asked, but he didn't approach Leo because he was of course, afraid for his life too. "What? Ken hyung told that!?"

Leo seemed surprised when he saw the two youngest staring at him. He thought that no one was around. He recovered and sat on an available sofa as he massaged his forehead. "I didn't know you're here. I'm sorry."

"So hyung... Ken hyung confessed to you? But how, why, what, when, who-"

"Sanghyuk, I guess, we can leave it with the two of them," Hongbin suggested as he received a telephatic gaze from Leo. "It's their business, not ours."

Hyuk was still not convinced. He knew he needed to ask. Not that he was against Ravi and Ken's relationship - he just wanted everyone to tell the truth. He knew that the way Ken looked at Ravi was blander compared to the way he looked at Leo.

Leo sighed. "Okay. If you guys leak this information, I would kill you," Leo eyed the two of them quickly and simultaneously. "The day when you all went home, Ken and I were left right?"

The two nodded at the same time. Hyuk got his phone from the table and opened the voice recorder. There was no way he would miss out something like that. He smirked secretly, when he saw Leo wasn't looking, then he put the phone on his lap as he held it tightly, screen face down.

"Well... I heard him confess that he liked me. He also asked me if I would forget about it after. I heard all of that. Then he kissed my forehead. And then I-" Leo trailed off, because he tried to remember what happened, but failed to do so. "I... I can't remember the rest."

"What!?" Hongbin exclaimed then he looked at Hyuk who was quietly staring at the oldest hyung. "Maybe what happened after made him date Ravi."

Hyuk nodded in agreement as he pouted his lips. "What did you do after? Did you fall asleep? Did you black out? Did he do anything else? Did he leave? Did you kiss him back?"

Leo's eyes widened as he heard Hyuk's last question. "You would be dead if Hak-" Leo suddenly paused as he looked everywhere. His mind remembering everything that happened and flashing like a lightning. "Oh ..." He looks unbelievably at Hyuk then at Hongbin, then back at Hyuk again. "When I woke up, he was-" Leo stood. He frantically paced back and forth. "I should apologize to him. I should tell him that I love him and that I mean that when I kissed him, " He then ran towards the door but it opened before he could even do so. N appeared in front of him.

"There you are guys! It's our turn to perform in thirty minutes so let us be ready!" N informed everyone, so Hyuk and Hongbin stood as well. Hyuk stopped the recording and put it inside his bag. "Oh, Taekwoon. Why do you look like you're going somewhere?"

"Can I?" Leo asked and patted his eyebrows as if begging.

"Aw!" N squealed loudly and almost jumped up and down. "Our Leo is so cute!" He tried to squeeze Leo's cheeks but Leo shoved his hands. N pouted and crossed his arms over his chest. "Okay then, no one is going out from this room until the performance is over. Understand?"

"I hate you," Leo murmured.

***

Ravi and Ken went back to the room laughing and N was eyeing them with his arms crossed tightly. Ravi and Ken noticed so they both stopped laughing then they sat on the unoccupied sofa near the door.

"Both of you! Do you know what time is it?" N started. His expression was dark and scary. "It's just ten minutes and we'll be called for stand by five minutes after. I contacted you but I wasn't able to contact anyone of you."

Ravi and Ken both stared at the ground with their heads bowed down. "Sorry, hyung. We just went out to eat together."

N snorted. "We agreed to let you date but you should have waited until later."

"Hyung, it's my fault. I asked him to go with me, so please do not blame Ravi for this. I shall accept the blame," Ken said, looking at N as if pleading.

"If you're going to punish Ken, then let me accept the punishment too," Ravi said, holding his boyfriend's hand, looking at N just like how Ken looks at the leader. "I told that it would be alright if we stay for a longer time."

N sighed. He seriously could not decide if he would blame the two and punish them together or just forgive them. So he looked at Leo. "Yah, Jung Leo. What do you think?"

Leo looked at N, startled. He then looked at Ravi then at Ken and played staring game with him. HIs eyes didn't leave the latter's as he said, "You have to punish them both and not allow them to date."

"Hyung! You're being unfair. We love each other and you can't just-"

"Love each other? Are you kidding me? I am pretty sure, Ken loves me. He confessed to me that he loved me when we were together in the dormitory!" Leo exclaimed as he looked at all the younger members and N who was surprised at the sudden emotional outburst of Leo. There was silence in the room, and Ken just looked unbelievably at Leo. "Tell them, Ken. Tell them what you told me and what we-"

"Stop hyung! I am dating Ravi now. What I said might still be what I am feeling towards you right now, but I choose Wonshik." He tightened his grasp to Ravi's hand.

Ravi closed his eyes as he sighed deeply before removing Ken's grasp from his hand. Ken turned to Ravi, his eyes asking why. Ravi then looked at Ken and patted his head. "Hyung, you already admit to everyone that you love Leo. I don't think it's the right time for us to lie anymore."

"W-Wonshik..." Ken murmured. "I'm sorry."

"Do you know how you can payback?" Ravi smiled sweetly at Ken and the latter looked at him curiously. Ravi then turned to Leo. "Taekwoon hyung, I am sorry if I fooled you. I know Ken hyung so much and I know that he would immediately say yes to me when I told him that I liked him. I really do like Ken hyung, but I like him as a friend only. The truth is, I initially planned it so that he would stop hitting on my sister."

"W-What!?" Everyone exclaimed in unison. N then yelled. "Wonshik! What the hell?"

"When I heard from Ken hyung what happened between him and Leo hyung, I thought that they had feelings for each other so I also planned to make them confess to each other. Now, they are impliedly confessing in front of us so I thought that I should stop being an to both of them," Ravi explained, sending an apologetic look at both Ken and Leo. "Ken hyung and Leo hyung, I am sorry."

"You are a monster, Kim Wonshik," Leo muttered softly and sent deathly glare to Ravi.

"So does that mean... it's all a lie? That Ken really loves Leo and not Ravi?" N asked to clarify what he was hearing from Ravi. "Then..."

"Even if I confessed and hell, all members know it already, Leo hyung still forgot what happened, and I was right," Ken stared on the ground and smirked bitterly. "So I will end up without anything, huh?

"You're wrong, Ken hyung!" Hyuk interrupted and got his phone from his bag. "I have a proof that Leo hyung remembers and that he also has feelings for you too!" He raised his phone and played the voice recording clip then adjusted it to its maximum volume for everyone to hear.

"Well... I heard him confess that he liked me. He also asked me if I would forget about it after. I heard all of that. Then he kissed my forehead. And then I- I... I can't remember the rest."

"Yah!" Leo yelled and charged to the youngest, but Hongbin was faster that he grabbed Leo's left arm tightly so that he could not move. He tucked it to his chest and Leo kept on hitting Hongbin's arm as tried to escape.

"Wonshik hyung! Grab his right arm!" Hongbin yelled and Ravi immediately followed Hongbin who grabbed Leo's right arm and did the same.

"What!? Maybe what happened after made him date Ravi. What did you do after? Did you fall asleep? Did you black out? Did he do anything else? Did he leave? Did you kiss him back?"

"Let go of me!" Leo yelled continuously as he glared at Hyuk then he turned to Ken who was just there standing as he listened.

"You would be dead if Hak- Oh ... When I woke up, he was- I should apologize to him. I should tell him that I love him and that I mean that when I kissed him."

Hyuk stopped the playing clip and grinned at Leo then he turned to Ken. "Ken hyung, you're wrong about how Leo hyung feels about you. The record is our evidence."

Ken dropped his jaw as he stared at Leo who was finally released by Hongbin and Ravi. Before anyone could say anything, they heard a knock and they were asked to go out and stand by for their performance.

"You kids are going to explain everything," N said in authority as he first went out, followed by Hongbin, then Ravi, then Hyuk, then Ken. But before Ken could go out, Leo grabbed him.

"A-Ah... we should get going," Ken said and pulled his hand from Leo.

Leo sighed then followed the rest.

***

After their performance, they all went to their room again and changed their clothes. After changing to suits, Ken just suddenly disappeared and went to the washroom, locking himself in one cubicle, avoiding Leo. He had not recovered yet. He was still shocked at Leo's confession that he heard first with the recording done by the members. He wanted to blame Leo for leaking it to the members and he was so embarrassed.

He put his hands on his face cupping the whole of it.

"Ken."

Ken swallowed as he heard a familiar voice from someone. He was not mistaken, it belonged to Leo. He covered his mouth and pretended he wasn't there.

"Don't pretend you're not here," Leo said as if he heard what he was thinking. Ken saw Leo's shadow in front of the cubicle that he was in. Leo stopped in front of it and leaned on the locked door. "I already saw your shoes."

"Please hyung, not now. Go away. If you are going to laugh at me, just do it when I'm ready," Ken said in monotone.

"I actually... want to laugh at myself for forgetting," Leo laughed just like he said. "I didn't know that I was in fault. I actually thought you took advantage."

"Yah!" Ken yelled. "I am not the kind of person who would take advantage! I am not like you who suddenly... k-kissed me."

Leo smiled as he stared at the ceiling. "You were the first one who kissed me on my forehead."

Ken blushed. "At least I can remember it!"

"I know. I am sorry if I wasn't able to remember. That you saw my weirdness when I was drunk. I even thought you were the one who took advantage, but it's not why I was grumpy in the morning. My head still hurt from too much alcohol that I am still not functioning well. You know that I am not much of a drinker. I wasn't grumpy because I woke up beside you earlier. I actually love it when I wake up beside you and vice versa," Leo explained and confessed. "I feel bad for forgetting that I almost took advantage of you, that I told you those words that you were unsure of, thinking that I didn't mean it because I was drunk. But even if I forget the rest of what happened, even if I forget that things that I told you, it would never change the fact that I am in love with you and that I will always be in love with you."

Ken felt his cheeks burning and his heart thumping. Hearing it from Leo himself sounded music to his ears. It was wonderful, the feeling was wonderful that he wanted to jump on him right at that very moment, hug him, kiss him.

"So... when are you going to open the-"

Ken opened the door almost immediately that Leo almost fell out of balance. He regained his balance but almost fell out of it again when Ken jumped on him and hugged him tightly. "Hyung, you are such a sweetie pie! I love you more!"

Leo smiled and hugged Ken back as he put his head on his shoulder. After a few seconds, he pushed Ken back into the cubicle without removing his hug and locked the door behind them. "If I continue what we weren't able to finish last, last night, would you allow it?"

"N-Now? In this cubicle? B-But..." Ken tried to push Leo but the latter was more donimant that he was able to push Ken on wall and locked him using his arms. "I-I am not ready... n-not here... maybe... but okay!" Ken initiated the kiss and Leo wasn't prepared, but it only took him a second to react and kiss him back.

"I think, I will receive an early new year present, hmm," Leo murmured as he left Ken's lips.

"The New Year countdown will start soon! Please proceed to the stage or the lobby now!" Someone shouted from outside.

"I guess not," Leo whispered as he pecked Ken's lips again. Ken gave him his sweetest smile as he intertwined his hand as he unlocked the door. "But because you will keep me waiting... I will just punish you later."

"Save me!"

***

END

***

Sorry if it took half a month hahahahaha I will update the next chapter for KyuMin maybe tomorrow. Please prepare your tissue boxes. If it's applicable. LOL