Prologue

A Drunk's Confession

"You are so heavy, Jung Leo!" Ken almost threw his drunk hyung into his bed. "What to do with you?"

"J-Jaehwan~ Let's-" Leo hiccuped as he smiled like an idiot, then he continued, "d-drink more!"

"Aish, you are already drunk," Ken commented as he lifted Leo's legs and placed them properly on the bed.

After their short year-end party together on the 29th in the dorm, the other members and their manager packed up to spend the rest of the days of the year with their families. Ken and Leo, on the other hand, were asked to stay for another vocal training on the 30th, so they decided to go home after the MBC Gayo performances instead. After everyone had gone, Ken went to a convenience store stonethrow away from their dorm and bought some soju. Leo thought twice if he would encourage Ken to drink, but because Ken used his powerful nagging and cutesy powers, he gave up.

Ken suggested a game of rock-paper-scissors and whoever lost would drink twice the amount. Leo didn't agree at first because Ken was the king of this game, he still challenged himself to make Ken drunk and observe what he would do on that state.

But he failed. After few shots, Leo got drunk.

"J-Jaehwan~" Leo called his name and hiccuped again.

"Yes hyung?" He asked as he removed Leo's socks.

"A-am I a m-monster?" Leo asked. He sounded serious, but then he laughed again. "B-because," he hiccuped then he continued, "people hated me."

"Why would you say that?" Ken sat on Leo's bed. Then he removed Leo's scarf. "It is just your personality."

"I t-think, I a-am a monster," Leo closed his eyes and hit his own chest twice. "B-because... I hit p-people when I-I am m-mad! I easily g-get angry! Is there a-anything... w-wrong with m-me?" He asked as he pointed at himself. "I... I even h-hurt the m-members, a-and the group's n-name."

"Hyung," Ken smiled and held Leo's hand. "I don't think you are hurting VIXX's name. You are even one of the reasons why people love us."

"Jaehwan," Leo mumbled. "W-why are you so g-good t-to m-me? You c-could have left m-me.. I-I must have hurt you a lot... p-physically and e-emotionally because of my actions and words. I must get punished-"

"Hyung," Ken stared at Leo and then put his head over his chest. "You didn't do anything wrong. I understand you."

Leo opened his eyes then closed it again.

Ken pulled himself and looked directly at Leo. "Hyung, you won't remember this, right?"

Leo didn't speak, so Ken continued.

"I love you hyung. I accept everything about you. So even if you hurt me a lot of times, I will still be on your side," Ken confessed then he carressed Leo's cheeks and brushed his hair. "I will always be here with you."

Leo didn't move anymore so Ken just smiled as he put a blanket over the older.

"Sleep well," Ken stood then leaned over Leo and kissed his forehead, "hyung."

***

Kyuhyun made a vow that he would never ask for someone's help anymore, but he still called his best friend Changmin to drink with him last Christmas eve.

"You could have gone to your home for Christmas," Changmin said and poured some soju into Kyuhyun's glass. "They would love to see you."

"We had a lot of problems these days, but I am so happy because we're still going strong," Kyuhyun said as he drank his soju with one shot. "I will go home tomorrow, but for now, I don't want them to see me in this state."

"It's about him again, huh," Changmin asked Kyuhyun to pour some soju in his glass, and Kyuhyun did as he smirked. "We've written a sad song for that person already and adjusted the timeline three years before."

Kyuhyun used his chopsticks to get some meat from the grill and ate it. "Whether three years or not, it's still all about him. And it's just so sad that it's always about him."

"He hit your heart that much," Changmin said as he poured some liquid into Kyuhyun's glass again. "You must have hit hard."

Kyuhyun chuckled bitterly. "And no matter what I do, I can't bring back the times we had... those were the best times of my life. I've been such a stupid man who let him go, haven't I?"

Changmin didn't speak at that, because he thought so too, and answering him would just make Kyuhyun more miserable.

"Changmin, am I a bad man?" Kyuhyun asked. The alcohol was slowly taking over his mind, for they had been drinking for quite a while. "Am I?"

Changmin rolled his eyes. "Here we go again."

"If he's happy with me then he wouldn't be marrying someone else, right?" Kyuhyun asked again. His voice was starting to be louder. "I could have made him the happiest person on earth, right? I could have been in her place right now, right?"

Changmin sighed. He really felt so sorry for his best friend who had loved so deeply. But he was not against the fact that Kyuhyun did something bad too. Kyuhyun just let that person slip away from him if he could have made him his. He could have been courageous to tell that person to not marry the woman. He could have not pushed him away since he had that person during their best.

"Tell me, Changmin," Kyuhyun asked once again, that time, his voice was calmer and softer. "Is it wrong for me to feel this way?"

"Sometimes," Changmin gave Kyuhyun a tap on his back, then he continued, "the person who thought would do everything for you is the person who would easily give up on you. So... once you see another person like him. Don't ever... ever make the same mistake again."

Kyuhyun bowed and his tears started falling from his eyes.

But no tears would change the fact that Sungmin would never come back to him anymore.

***