Chapter 5

Confuse. Confess.

Finally the last chapter!! It took me longer than expected to finish this. Sorry about that. Thank you! Thank you! for all the responses and feedbacks you gave this story. i will keep it all to my heart.

 

“Ready?” Hyomin asked Qri to which the older girl nodded. Since that day, Hyomin and Qri have been walking home together. Yes, things can still be awkward especially when it is just the two of them but things are getting better for the two. They are still subject to SsoSica’s teasing especially when the four will hang out together.

Both were comfortably quiet while walking out of the school. Just then some girl wearing a different school uniform went to them.

“Qri!” The girl called out excitedly.

“What are you doing here Hyo?” Qri wears her famous poker face.

Hyomin looked at the girl called Hyo then Qri. The name is quite similar to hers but Qri never called her Hyo it’s always Hyomin or not calling her name at all. The thought made her want to pout but Hyomin trying to keep a poker face just pressed her lips together.

“I came here to pick you up.” The other Hyo said smiling. For a second Hyomin was mesmerized by the charming smile of the blonde Hyo. Of course, this does not go unnoticed to the very observant Qri who got jealous easily.

“I’m already walking with someone. Bye.” Qri said and started to walk.

“Come on Jihyun ah. For old time’s sake?” the blonde-Hyo-with-the-charming-smile said. Both of them stopped making Hyo smile. “I promise you won’t regret it.”

For old time’s sake? I promise you won’t regret it? What is happening? Who is this Hyo?

“Do you mind?” Hyomin’s thoughts were cut when the other Hyo asked her. “I’m Kim Hyoyeon. Qri’s special friend.”

“Special friend?” Hyomin asked.

“Just a friend.” Qri answered. She does not want Hyomin to get the wrong idea or else she will kill Kim Hyoyeon this instant if that happens.

“Good friend.” Hyoyeon answered. “So do you mind? I’ll send her home.”

Hyomin was still pondering the question. She also does not know what to answer.

“Good!” Hyoyeon exclaimed thinking that silence means yes. Plus she will not waste any opportunity to take the other girl with her. Hyomin, who was shocked what just happened, looked at Qri. “Bye!” Hyoyeon said and went dragged Qri.

“I’ll see you tomorrow Hyomin.” Qri said apologetically. Hyomin smiled at her saying ok.

“Nice to meet you Hyomin. Thanks and bye!” Hyoyeon left with Qri.

“This better be good Hyo” Qri warned. She hate it when she gets interrupted much more if it is her time with Hyomin.

“I promise you’ll like it.” Hyoyeon answered smiling.

--

Jiyeon saw Hyomin seating alone on the bench near the school gate. “Hi Unnie. What are you doing here?”

“Hi Jiyeonnie. Nothing just feel like seating here. What are you doing here? Waiting for someone?”

“I guess.” Jiyeon answered shortly while looking straight ahead. Hyomin looked at Jiyeon then look at where Jiyeon is looking. Across them were a group of girls. Hyomin recognizes them because they are famous and they are in the same group of Sunny and Jessica. Jessica however is not around. She probably is out in a date with Soyeon. No, not probably, she is out in a date with Sso. 

“I guess?”

“Unless someone comes and walk with her.” Jiyeon answered still looking straight ahead. “Someone with charming smile…” Jiyeon continued obviously upset.

“And who knows her well and even calling each other’s pet names.” Hyomin continued Jiyeon’s sentence.

“And you can’t hate that person because everyone finds that person charming. Tsk. Especially with that stupid charming smile. My smile is pretty too.”

“And fancy uniform.”

“Yeah.. huh? Fancy uniform? Unnie what are you talking about?”

“Huh? Kim Hyoyeon.”

“Who the heck is Kim Hyoyeon?”

“The girl with the charming smile and fancy uniform. Who are you talking about?”

“Im Yoona.”

“Im Yoona?” No wonder you were staring at them. “I thought we were talking about the same person. Instead we are just two idiots talking about two different things while finishing each other’s sentences.” Hyomin commented making them both laugh. “So what’s your problem with Im Yoona?”

“You know when you realize that you like that person when someone else makes a move on her? That somewhat you blew off your chance especially when that someone you’re up against is someone like Im Yoona.” 

Hyomin took a deep breath. That’s exactly how she feels. “Neh.”

“That’s how I feel right now.”

“You like Seo Juhyun?” Hyomin asked. Seohyun is the most likely candidate since she and Yoona seems close right now.

“Neh. She’s just… perfect. She’s an angel. She’s kind and smart and beautiful. But then there’s Im Yoona.”

“I thought they have been dating for a long time now?” Hyomin asked. There have been rumors that YoonHyun have been dating since they are always together and sweet towards each other.

“Ani! They were just rumors. Unnie you are ruining the moment right now!” Jiyeon replied irritatingly.

Hyomin was shock and amused by Jiyeon’s reaction. “Mianhe. Why don’t you tell me how things happened?”

“It started as just a simple and short greetings and then there was a chance where we get to talk more. I got to know her better. It turns out that she is kind, friendly and funny. After school, we will wait for each other and walk home together. Or sometimes we hang out and talk.” Jiyeon was smiling the whole time she was telling the story.

Hyomin couldn’t help but be happy for her friend. But Jiyeon seems like she’s lost in her own world to continue the story. “Then what happened? You two seem to have a good start.”

Snap back to life, Jiyeon answered. “You.”

“Me?”

“That day when we were eating the chocolates. You told me that you had feeling for me before.I got upset that day because instead of confessing you just moved on like that. That time I also had feelings for you. You see if you had confessed that time we might have been together. So I thought I still had feelings for you after you told me that. I even told it to Seohyun.”

“You what?!”

Jiyeon looked at Hyomin. “I’m a pabo Unnie. I don’t have feelings for you. It was just the feeling of what it would have been like if we were together. And I was too caught up with it. It was only until Yoona keeps asking her out that I felt jealous and realize that…”

“You’re a pabo.”

“Neh. Yah! Look who’s talking.”

“Why don’t you just talk to her and tell her how you really feel and how you were wrong?”

“It’s not that easy Unnie.”

“What? You are just going to seat here and wait til she comes to you?”

“Unnie… she’s Seo Juhyun. And… and… I’m no match to Im Yoona.”

“And you are Park Jiyeon.”  Hyomin faced Jiyeon and continued. “Haven’t you learn anything from our mistakes? Have confidence on yourself and confess.”

“You’re right Unnie!”

“I’m always right.” Hyomin said proudly.

“Thanks Unnie. I’m going.” Jiyeon stood up. Thanks to Hyomin’s words she feels more confident. Jiyeon started to walk to Seohyun when she turn back to face Hyomin. “Unnie, don’t forget you are Park Hyomin! And just because a girl named Kim Hyoyeon with a charming smile and fancy uniform came to fetch Qri, does not mean you should give up and move on. Have you forgotten?” Jiyeon paused and looked at Hyomin then continued, “Effort.”

Hyomin smiled as she watched Jiyeon walked to Seohyun’s table. Effort. That’s right. Feeling a lot better, she went home.

--

On Seohyun’s table

The girls chatting stopped when they saw Jiyeon walking near them. They each gave a knowing look to the maknae.

“Seo Juhyun.” Jiyeon started. “Will you go out with me?”

Seohyun was caught by surprise. The unnies started to tease them.

“I like you. Will you go out with me?” Jiyeon asked bowing her head. She was really blushing.

Upon hearing those words from Jiyeon, Seohyun blushed so bad. She liked the girl even before. She got hurt when Jiyeon told her that she like Hyomin and seeing them together earlier just hurt her more. She looked up and their eyes met. She finds the embarrassed Jiyeon so cute.

“Neh.”

“Jinja?” Jiyeon was obviously shock.

Seohyun nodded. The unnies continued to cheer louder.

Jiyeon extend her arm. “Let’s go” Seohyun reached her and together they walked out to hang out in a café where Jiyeon told her everything.

--

“Do you have something on Saturday?” Qri asked Hyomin. They were walking home. Like finally they get to walk home together. Without Kim Hyoyeon interrupting them….. or so she think…

“Nothing.” Hyomin answered.

“Here.” Qri handed her a paper. Hyomin read it. It’s like a poster for a mini concert event. “I’ll be there. Will you come?” Qri asked shyly. Suddenly Qri’s phone rang before Hyomin could say yes. Hyomin heard Qri said, “Yes. I’m on my way home. I won’t be late.” “You are annoying, Hyo.” You better bring some food if you’re coming over.”

“Hyoyeon?” Hyomin asked.

“Neh.”

“Will she also be there on Saturday?” Hyomin was feeling upset and jealous but she tried to hide. This is the only time that she gets to walk home together with Qri and all she wants is to enjoy it. Hyoyeon will usually come pick her up. Now she did not pick her up but then she’s calling the girl.

“Yes.” Qri answered shortly. Hyomin would not mind it since she knows Qri will often give short answers. But now it’s different because Qri is busy with her phone. And Hyomin thinks it’s probably Hyoyeon. And she’s right.

“You two are really close huh. I bet you two share something special.” Hyomin mumbled the last part but Qri still heard her.

“Yeah something special…” Qri answered. She going to explain why but she forgot because Hyoyeon kept on disturbing her.  

“Uhuh..” Hyomin felt silent afterwards. “This is your stop.” I guess today is not the day huh…

“Huh?” Qri asked then she looked around and it is her stop. Hyomin smiled and left. Qri got a message from Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon: Is your girlfriend coming this Saturday?

Qri: She’s not my girlfriend. Not yet.

Qri thought for a while. Did Hyomin say she’s coming on Saturday? Ahh.. it’s because of this stupid Hyoyeon. She tried to recall their conversations just now…

“Omo!! She might have misunderstand!!” She remembers when Hyomin comment about she and Hyoyeon sharing something special. And she answered yes. But she forgot to explain because Hyoyeon kept on distracting her. “Oh no!!! Hyomin must have misunderstood.”

Hyoyeon: Hey where are you?

Qri: I’M COMING TO KILL YOU

--

Saturday came and Hyomin went to the underground club called The Basement. She joined Sica and Soyeon who were also there. She saw Qri and Hyoyeon on stage. The whole time, Hyomin was watching Qri in awe. Qri is in a band and she plays the bass. She… she’s just so… so perfect.  

After their performance, Qri went to their table. “How was it? Did you enjoy?” Qri asked no one in particular but she is most interested in Hyomin’s answer who is just looking at her.

“Enjoy? We love it!” Sso answered.

“You were so cool Jihyun!” Sica agreed.

They all looked at Hyomin who is still staring at Qri.

“Don’t worry she enjoyed it very much.” Sso answered.

“The whole time she couldn’t take her eyes off you.”

Sso and Sica continued to teased the still mesmerized Hyomin. Hyomin realized it and blushed. “Yah!” Qri giggled getting the attention of Hyomin. “You were really awesome! So great and cool. I loved it.” She said to Qri.

Pretty much it’s the same thing what SsoSica said to her but Hyomin’s words have more weight. She was so happy upon hearing it. She was called back to stage to perform another song. “I have to go. Please stay.” She said  to Hyomin who nodded her head.

Hyomin was looking forward to spend time with Qri. She was a bit really disappointed that they were not alone. Qri is celebrating with her bandmate and some friends. SsoSica is clearly enjoying their date. Feeling that today will not be the day as well, Hyomin went out.

“Where are you going, Hyomin?”

Hyomin scratches the back of her head and said, “I just… I’m tired I guess. So going home first.”

“Without saying goodbye?”

“Sorry, you look like you were having fun and I don’t want to disturb you.”

“You’re not…” Qri said. She wanted Hyomin to be here tonight.

This is it Hyomin. Now is your chance to confess! Fighting!

“Qri”

“Hyomin”

They called the same time. Qri made a plan to confess after the concert. But because of the situation, she might have to do it now. Hyomin gave her the signal to go first.

“I think you misunderstand.” Qri started while Hyomin gave her a confuse look. “You see, Hyoyeon is just a good friend. The other day I told you that we share something special. It’s music. I’ve always love music and we have been playing in a band together. I just don’t want you to get the wrong idea.” Qri explained hoping that this clears things up.

“Thanks for clarifying it. Honestly I was a bit jealous because you two are really close. Hyoyeon is your special friend. I just wish I can be like that too.”

“I don’t want to be your special friend or your good friend. I don’t want us to be just friends.” Qri walked to Hyomin, “I want to be your girlfriend.”

Hyomin just looks at Qri. Obviously shocked by Qri’s confession. It was a perfect! Too perfect that she has lost for words. Crap! I can’t talk.

Qri was getting worried because Hyomin had not said anything. Then Hyomin looks like she looking something in her bag. “Hyomin.”

“I… I need to go home.” Hyomin blurted out.

“Huh?” Qri replied sadly. She thought Hyomin rejected her.

“Will you walk me home?” Hyomin asked making Qri look at her, “My house is just nearby.”

Qri does not know how to feel. This girl she just confessed to and neither accept nor reject her is asking her if she wants to walk her home??! Well it is the first time she will get to walk her home. Hyomin will always be the one to send her home. Thinking that this might be the last time she gets to walk with Hyomin, she agreed.

The way home was silent. Qri was sad. Hyomin needed to get to her house. They stopped at Hyomin’s house. “Would you like to go inside?”

“Ani. I need to back there. They might be looking for me.” Qri declined. She knew that Hyomin was just being polite.

“Wait here. Please.” Hyomin rushed inside to her room to get what she needed. She rushed back down afraid that Qri might have walked back to the club.

“Hyomin are you ok?”

Out of breath Hyomin stretch her arm to give Qri what she took from her room. They were envelopes bundled together.

“Are you asking me to mail these for you?” Qri asked.

“Take them.” Still slightly out of breat. “Please” Qri took them. She noticed that there’s a letter ‘i’ in the corner of the envelope. “You have to flip them starting from the back. Slowly but not too slow and not too fast.” She looked at Hyomin who is now smiling and she did as she was told. Every enveloped has a letter written in the exact same corner. It read.

I.l.o.v.e.y.o.u.L.e.e.Q.r.i.

Qri looked at Hyomin. She could not believe that that this is happening that Hyomin felt the same as hers.

“I wanted to confess to you. Everyday, I practiced what I am going to say and how I’m going to say it. You know how you can make me nervous so I wrote a letter just in case I forgot what to say. I was going to read it in front of you instead. But if the worst thing happened and I got lost for words just like what happened earlier, I will just give you the letter. You see? After you confessed, I got lost for words. That’s why I needed to go home and get the letters.”

“You are holding 14 letters. 14 days since I attempted to confess to you and failed miserably. Each and everyday I will write a new letter for you. That’s why there’s 14 letters. Though pretty much it says the same thing. I love you Lee Qri.”

Qri was tearing up. She couldn’t be any happier. “I love you too Park Hyomin.”

Hyomin wiped her tears and smiled. “Do you want to go back? They might be looking for you.”

Qri shook her head. “I want to go somewhere where I can read these letters made by my sweet girlfriend.”Qri said making Hyomin smile.

“I know just the place.” Hyomin held Qri’s hands and they walked to a cozy café just near the underground club they were earlier.