Chapter 4

Confuse. Confess.

“Hey.” Jiyeon greeted cheerfully.

“Hey.” Hyomin replied.

“What’s wrong? Are you ok?”

“I’m fine. I guess I’m just not in the mood.”

“Come here.” Jiyeon dragged Hyomin out of the room.

“Where are you taking me?”

“It’s lunch time. So we’re having lunch.” Hyomin stopped walking and pull her arms from Jiyeon. “Come on. It’s better than starving yourself and being alone in the room.”

“I want to be alone.”

“Aish.. just come on.”

Jiyeon dragged Hyomin in the canteen to buy their lunch. Unknowingly, she scans the whole area looking for a particular girl.

“Hi!” Jiyeon and Hyomin looked at the girl who greeted them.

“Sica unnie” Jiyeon greeted back while Hyo just kept quiet.

“Ji, can I borrow my cousin?” Sica asked.

Ji looked at Hyomin then back to Sica. She can feel that there is some tension between the two. She nodded.

“Thanks.” Sica then looked at Hyomin, “Can we talk?” Hyomin walk first then Sica followed. It’s very rare that Hyomin gets upset. No, Sica has never seen Hyomin get mad. She often teases the other girl but Hyo never gets mad. While walking, Sica remembers what happened yesterday and feels guilty.

Another Flashback

While walking back, Hyomin was still thinking about what happened earlier with Qri. She then stops. “What does she mean that she’ll take care of Sica? Omo! I’ve got to tell Sica” Hyomin decided to stop by Sica’s house to tell her what happened. And maybe Sica can help her understand..

“Hi Hyomin! What brings you here?”

“Hi Auntie Jung, is Sica home?”

“Not yet. Would you want to wait inside?”

“If it’s alright.”

“Of course it is. Come inside.”

--

“I’m home!” Sica greeted in her very cheerful tone. Hyomin and Mrs. Jung who were chatting in the kitchen area looked at each other because they find it odd. Hyomin went to inside to greet Sica while Mrs. Jung continue to cook.

Jessica was really happy. She smells her mom’s cooking makes her in a better mood. “Things can’t get any better! I better call her.”

“Sica ah”

“Hey Sso. Hmm.. I call to tell you that I’m home.”

“That’s good. So I’ll see you on Saturday?”

“Yes! I can’t wait for our first date.”

“Me too.”

“I like you, Park Soyeon.” Sica said before she hung up the phone.

“Soyeon?”

“Hyomin?”

“You like Soyeon?”

Sica nodded.

“And Qri?”

“She knows I like Sso.”

“What?! Then why did you...?”

“Hyomin…”

“Know what? Don’t bother explaining. I dont care. I’m going.”

End of the Flashback

“Hyo…” Sica called sweetly once they entered an empty room. She walked closer to Hyo and held her hands. “Mianhe.” No reply from Hyomin. She looked into her eyes and said sweetly, “Mianhe”

Hyomin can’t take it and smiled. “Yah!”

Sica smiled. She’s glad that Hyomin smiled. The last thing she wants is for Hyomin to be mad at her. She loves to cousin but she never wants Hyomin to be mad at her. She hugged the other girl and apologized once more.

“It’s ok Sica. I accept your apology. You can release me now.”

Sica face her without releasing the hug. “Jinja?”

“Yes, Sica. I forgive you.” Hyomin said sweetly.

Sica hugged Hyomin once more and kissed her on the cheeks.

“Yah!”

“What? We used to kiss when we were kids.” Sica said innocently making them both laugh.

“So Soyeon huh?”

“Yup.  I’ve like her for the longest time already.”

“And she likes you back??”

“Yah! Of course she does. I asked Qri to set us up because she’s friends with Soyeon.”

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon cannot ask a girl out by herself?”

“Yah! Look who’s talking.” Hyomin just merong at her. “So yeah, I asked Qri to set us up. Then…”

“Then what?” Hyomin asked eagerly.

“Then I found out that she’s interested in you so I kinda set you up.”

“That chocolate thing was you setting us up?” Sica nodded. “That’s a worse kind of set up. You know.”

Sica crossed her arms and said, “Not true. It was rather fun, entertaining and memorable.”

“If what you say is true then why did she pushed me away?”

“Hyo, if you found out that the person you like is just forced to approach you, wouldn’t you be hurt? And rather not see that person again especially when she does not want to be with you in the first place?”

“It’s not that I don’t want to be near her. She’s just unapproachable.”

“Aren’t we all are?” Hyomin gave Sica a questioning look. “Don’t you think that we can be ‘the Qri’ to someone else? Some people just find courage, determination or even effort to approach their own ‘Qri’.”

“You sound so wise right now.”

“Yah! I am wise.”

“Lunch is almost over. I got to go. Bye.”

“Bye Sica.”

Sica lean in to kiss Hyomin on the cheek. “Yah! Stop kissing me.” She said while wiping her cheeks. Sica merong at her cousin and left the room.

After a while Hyomin went out of the room. On the hallway, she saw Qri walking. Their eyes met for a few seconds before Qri went to enter her room. Hyomin went inside her room and there she found a sandwich with a note. She smiled upon reading the note.

Just in case you skipped lunch. Jiyeon ah <3

 

--

“Jiyeon ah”

“Hyomin unnie! Did you get my sandwich?”

“Yes.”

“What? No thank you?”

“You gave me one sandwich. I’m still hungry.”

“Hahaha! How about I buy you something now?”

“I would love that Ji…” Hyomin trailed off as she watches Qri walk by. “But I have to go somewhere.”

Jiyeon followed where Hyomin was looking at. “Did Sica ask you to talk to her again?”

“No.” Hyomin answered. “I need to talk to her.”

“Says who?”

“Me.” Hyomin answered smiling and left Jiyeon.  

Jiyeon just watch as Hyomin went to Qri. It’s the first time I saw you made up your mind on something or rather on someone, Unnie.

--

“Hi!”

Qri was shock to see Hyomin. “What now?”

“I’ll walk you home.”

Qri was about to say no, when… “No. I want to walk you home.”

“Look, if…” Qri was cut off by Hyo again by holding her hand and saying, “Let’s go!” She look at Qri and smiled making the other girl smile back.