Chapter 3

Confuse. Confess.

I have news!!

1. i've made a decision who Hyomin will end up with.

2. i'm kinda grounded. my parents are mad because i'm always in front of the laptop. so i'll be laying low. i'll try to finish my stories so you wont be left hanging. i'll try... 

...i'll try to sneak in once in a while. kekeke

 

After talking with Sica, Hyomin has been spacing out during the whole class. She has been thinking of a way on how she can approach Qri…

“Oh, make sure that I can talk to Qri. She better be in a good mood.”

How am I supposed to change her mood?! It’s not like one smile from me can entirely lift up her mood?! Hyomin wanted to shout out her frustration but she remembers she was still in class. She got fed up and let out an annoyed expression and mess up her own hair. Good thing that the teacher didn’t notice her because he was busy writing on the board. Her classmates stared at her but she ignored them and continued to look outside. Somehow it helped her calm down a bit. Then again, her thoughts came back to Qri and again she became frustrated. The cycle went on and on.

Riiiinnng… the school bell rang as a sign that the school day ends. Students cheered and excitedly went out of the classroom with the exception of one particular student who lazily packed her stuff. Not coming up with any plan (because she was busy spacing out the whole time), Hyomin decided to wait for Qri at the school gate.

Sica, Soyeon and Qri were all walking together and chatting. Soyeon invited Jessica whether she wanted to walk home together with her and Qri. Jessica who will take up every opportunity to spend time with Sso, immediately said yes. Sica was really happy and excited but then…

“Isn’t that Hyomin?” Soyeon said making the two look at the direction Sso was pointing. “Looks like she is waiting for someone.”

Oh snap! What is she doing at the gate? Why does she have to be there at this time??Well I did tell her to talk to Qri… but I didn’t think she’ll do it today?! She can’t see me with Qri. Ottoke… Think Sica! Think! Jessica was trying hard to think of a way so her cousin will not see her with Qri. Hyomin must not see her with Qri! Uhh.. Park Hyomin are you trying to get back at me? Just when I thought I will get to walk home with Soyeon?! Ugh!!  

“Umm.. I forgot something. Why don’t you two go ahead?” Sica excused herself.

“Are you sure? We can wait for you here.”

“No need. I forgot that I still have a meeting.” Sica said and rushed back.

Qri find it odd knowing Jessica who will not let even the most important meeting get in the way with her spending time with Soyeon but then she shrug it off. It must have been a very important meeting.

This is it, Hyo. Here she comes. Just talk to her. Fighting! Hyomin was trying to encourage herself. She thought she might be able to think of a plan while waiting for Qri but then again, she was spacing out. She took a step blocking Qri and Soyeon. She wanted to say something but ended up just staring at Qri.

You can do this, Hyo. I can do this! Hyomin thought.

What now? Qri thought.

Soyeon who is witnessing the staring contest between the two is confused but fascinated of what’s going on. She knew that her friend has a crush on Hyomin. While everyone knows that Hyomin has a crush on Sunny even Sunny knows it. It’s only Hyomin who is not aware that Sunny already knows. But then Hyomin and Jiyeon often act like a couple. “Hyomin, can I help you?” she asked.

“Cccan we talk?” she said. I shouldn’t stutter or else she will ignore me. Hyomin looked at Qri and asked again, “Can we talk?”

“Looks like I am going home alone. I’ll go ahead. See you tomorrow Qri, Hyomin.” Sso said not forgetting to give her friend a you-should-explain-to-me look before leaving the two awkward couple people.

None of them had moved from their position. None of them had spoken a word. The atmosphere is just plain awkward. Getting fed up of waiting, Qri decided to walk first.

Hyomin panicked when she saw Qri about to leave. “Ccan I walk you home?” Qri looked at her. Hyomin can sense that Qri was about to reject her. Not this time. She walked beside the older girl and stated, “I’ll walk you home.”

--

After she left Qri and Sso, Sica went behind the pillar and hid herself. She was at a good distance that she witnessed as Hyomin talked to Qri. When she saw Sso left the two awkward couple people, she wanted to follow Sso. But she decided to stay at her place for two reasons. One is that she cannot risk herself being caught by Hyomin. Two, she is curious what her cousin’s move will be. She watches as her cousin stutters then try to act tough. It was like she was watching a drama where Hyomin and Qri are the main lead.

When the two walked out of the school gate together, Sica followed them until the gate and watch them walk further. She can’t help but feel proud of her cousin. It’s like she is a mother sending off her daughter who has grown up so well.

“Care to explain what’s happening?”

“Sso??”’ Sica was shocked to see Soyeon. “I thought you went home already?”

“I was but I got curious why Hyomin wanted to talk to Qri.”

“Me too.”

“Really? I thought you had a meeting?”

Oh crap! “Yes, well when I get there they were done so I tried to catch up with you then I saw Qri and my cousin.” Nice save Sica!

“Right..” Soyeon said but she didn’t entirely buy it. I won’t let you go off that easily Jung Sooyeon.

“Shall we walk home together?” Sica offered to which Soyeon replied with a nod. Just when she thought that she was able to escape…

“Did you set them up? Hyomin and Qri?” Soyeon asked.

“What… what do you mean?”

“Oh come on Jung Soyeon, do you really think I’m that slow?”

“No, I don’t  and I don’t know what you are talking about.” Jessica denied. Sso just gave a look still not buying what Sica just said. “Alright..” Sica finally giving in. it’s not usual that the ice princess will give in with just a plain look. But this is Soyeon we are talking about. Park Soyeon… Sica’s kryptonite. “When you told me that Qri had a crush on Hyo, I made a plan to set them up.”

Feeling proud that Sica has finally give in to her, Sso further asked. “How?”

“Well… I blackmail my cousin…” Sica said making Sso a bit shock. Afraid that Sso will look at her differently, she continues to explain. “Before you judge me, listen first. After I found out that Qri had a crush on my cousin, I was looking on a way to introduce them because I wanted to return a favor. So when my family went to visit Hyo’s house, I told her that I knew she had a crush on Sunny even though everyone knew it already. So I proposed to her that I will keep my mouth shut, not that it’s even necessary, in exchange for her to give the chocolates to Qri. So she thinks I like Qri…”

“That’s why you bailed on us earlier because Hyomin might see you.” Sso continues. Sica just nod her head. Soyeon find it cute that the ice princess is shy and embarrassed. “So what do you mean by returning a favor to Qri?”

Jessica turned bright red. How am I supposed to answer her? That I like her and I asked Qri to set us up?? What would she think of me?

“You like me?”

“You asked Qri to set us up?”

Jessica looked at Sso wanting to ask if the other girl heard her.

“Yes, I heard you. How can I not when you’re talking in front of me?”

“Sso…”

“You’re cute Sica. I wouldn’t say that I agree with your methods but I don’t entirely disagree with it. Let’s just say that you have a funny and entertaining way of returning a favor.”

Sica smiled widely. “You’re not mad at me? I mean after knowing that I like you?”

Sso gave a small laugh. “You are like your cousin. I knew it beforehand.”

“Bwo? Yah I’m better than my cousin!” Sso giggled watching Sica acting like a child. It only shows how similar she can be to her cousin. Jessica was mesmerized by Soyeon’s giggles. “Does it bother you?” She asked seriously. “Soyeon, does it bother you that I like you?”

She shook her head and answered, “I wouldn’t be agreeing to Qri setting us up if I don’t feel the same.”

“Jinja?”

“I’ve always liked you too but I didn’t dare tell or show anybody especially Qri because she is friends with you. And knowing her, she might do something funny when she finds out just like what you did.”

“Does this mean we can go out on a date?” Sica asked shyly and Sso replied with a shy nod. Jessica reached for Soyeon’s hands and they walked hand in hand.

--

The next day.

During lunch break Hyomin opted to stay in the room instead. She looked outside the window and saw the girl that she has been thinking since yesterday.

Flashback

“I’ll walk you home.” Hyomin said as she went beside Qri.

They walked home together in silence. It was actually not as awkward as Hyomin thought it would be. Qri does not seem to be in a very bad mood. She was thinking of a way to start the conversation. Everytime she will attempt to talk, she will think it’s not good enough and shut .

“This is my stop.” Qri suddenly said.

“Huh?” Hyomin look around.

“My house is just a few blocks away. You can go now. Thank you for walking me home.”

“We reached already? So fast. I didn’t know your house is near our school.”

Qri giggled. “Actually we’ve been walking for quite some time.”

“Really? I didn’t notice.” Hyomin mumbled. She is sad that she didn’t get to say something during their walk home.

“Look Hyo…” Qri was about to say something to Hyo but she was interrupted by her phone ringing.

“Qri unnie!!!” “Noona!!” Two kids greeted loudly that even Hyomin can hear them. “Please come and play with us!!”

“Whoa.. it’s surprising that you two calling me more so even inviting me to play with you. What has got into both of you?” Qri said to the two kids.

“It’s because they wanted to play and I only allowed them if you will watch over them. Will you watch them for me while I’m gone? I just need to buy something in the market.” said Dara her cousin.

“Unnie!” Qri whined. Hyomin cannot believe what she just witnessed. Lee Qri whining… it’s so cute.

“Please Jihyun, I just need to buy something and I will be back asap.”

“Arasso.”

“Yey!” shouted the kids as they were excited to play.

“Gomowo.” Qri hang up the phone. One she has to deal with Hyomin and now the kids. All she wants is to have peace for the rest of the day.

“That was my cousin and her kids. I have to go look after them while my cousin is out. Thank you for walking me home Hyo. See you tomorrow.”

“I can stay.” Qri raised her eyebrow. “I can stay and help you look after them.”

“You don’t have to.”

“I want to help out.”

“Hyomin, stop. You don’t have to be kind to me just because Jessica asked you to.”

“Bbut”

“Don’t worry, I’ll talk to Jessica. I’ll take care of her.” Qri said but Hyomin does not seem to want to move. “You should go now.” Qri said coldly. She said and turned to walk.

Hyomin does not understand herself. Why does she feel like she has been rejected? She should be happy now that she does not have to worry about approaching Qri. She should be happy that Qri will handle Jessica. She should be jumping right now.. skipping her way home by now.. but why isn’t she?

Qri was guilty on how she treated Hyomin. She admits that she likes having the other girl near her. But it saddens her that she is only doing this because Jessica asked her to. She does not know how Sica had made Hyomin agreed to do that maybe blackmail or something. But one thing is for sure, it’s not because Hyomin wants to know her.

End of Flashback