Chapter 1

Confuse. Confess.

“Eh?? Why do I have to do this?”

“Because you owe me?”

“But why me?”

“Because I own you.”

Hyomin sighed in defeat.

“Now that we got everything clear out. As I was saying, I want you to give this chocolate to Lee Qri.”

“If you like her then why don’t you give this to her yourself? You know so that it’s more personal..”

“Park Hyomin, do you want me to spill your secret? I am close to Sunny after all I can just tell her that..”

“Ok. Ok. I will give it to her.”

“Good. Here. I don’t want to see this chocolate returned to me. Or else…”

“But it’s not in my control…”

“Or else… I will tell Sunny.”

“Neh”

Jessica smirked and left. Jessica is Hyomin’s cousin. One day her family was invited over by Hyomin’s parents. That was when Jessica found out that Hyomin has a crush on Sunny. Sunny is Jessica’s friend. Hyomin is also a friend of Sunny’s but she didn’t dare confess. Upon discovering her cousin’s secret, Jessica got a perfect idea and that includes blackmailing her cousin.

On the other hand, Hyomin is really troubled. How can she let her cousin find out about her secret that she has kept for the longest time? And worse how will she be able to approach Lee Qri? And how on earth will she be able to give the chocolates to her?!

Hyomin has lost count of how many times she sighed.

“What seems to be your problem?”

“Hi Jiyeon. Nothing.”

“Nothing? You didn’t notice me seating next to you and you have been sighing for a thousand times now.”

“Ji… I’m in deep trouble.”

“How? What happened?”

“Sica found out my secret and now she’s blackmailing me. She wants me to give this to Lee Qri or else she’ll expose me.”

“What secret? That you have a crush on Sunny unnie? I don’t think it is counted as a secret, Unnie when we all know about it.”

“Yah! It is a secret to her. She still does not know.”

“Just tell her so you will no longer have a problem. Have courage, unnie”

Hyomin saw Jessica with Sunny and their friends. Sica looked at her cousin and gave her a knowing look. Qri passed by. Hyomin was debating whether to just tell Sunny or talk to Qri. How bad can it be? If Jessica is known as the Ice Princess, Qri is known as hmm.. Princess? Hyomin was not sure of Qri’s title. She just seems mysterious and hard to approach. Untouchable is the word. It’s like if you done something that upsets her, you will die instantly and quietly.

“I’ll go ahead Jiyeon. I love you bye!

“I love you too. Why do you sound like you are going to war or something?” Hyomin didn’t say anything but just leave her. “Fighting!” Jiyeon cheered. She laughed seeing Hyomin’s funny state.

--

While following Qri, Hyomin was thinking of a way how to approach the other girl.

“Yes?”

Hyomin stopped and looked ahead. She saw Qri looking back at her. She looked behind her just to check if there was anyone else but there is only her. Qri slightly tilt her head waiting for Hyomin come back to life to reply. “Ah ummm”

“You have been calling my name many times. Qri, Qri ah, Lee Qri, Lee Qri shi” Hyomin was shock. She wanted to ask whether Qri heard her. “Yes, I heard you call my name a few times even calling me Princess Qri.”

“Sssorry.” Hyomin stuttered.

“It’s ok. I like it.” Qri gave a short smile. If Hyomin just got her life back, she might have lost it again. Qri is known to have a pretty face that does not smile. Most people are bewitch by her beauty.alone what more if she smiles.

Thinking that the odds are in her favor, Hyomin gathered up her strength and courage. Holding the chocolate, she extends her arm to Qri and said, “Please accept this chocolate.” Feeling curious, she looked at Qri to see her expression. Poker face. Oh right, I’m a pabo. She might be wondering why I am giving her this chocolate. “This is from Jessica Jung. She asked me to give this to you. Please accept it.”

“No.”

“Eeyy?” Hyomin was dumbfounded. She was going to walk back when she remembers Sica’s warning. She went to follow Qri who continued walking. “Why? Why won’t you accept it? It’s chocolate. I’m sure she wants you to eat it and enjoy it.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“I don’t see the effort. You can eat the chocolate if you want.” Qri said coldly and left. Hyomin just stood there lifelessly.

“Ji” She decided to call Jiyeon after a few minutes.

“How did it go?”

“Disaster. I got rejected.”

“By Sunny Unnie?”

“Ani. I went to follow Qri. I’m dead meat.”

“Why didn’t you just confess to Sunny Unnie?!”

“Ji.. do you want to eat chocolate?” Hyomin ask. She cannot return the chocolate to Sica. She decided to just eat it to make her feel better before Sica tell her out.

--

“Effort. What does she mean when she said she don’t see the effort?” Hyomin asked Jiyeon. They were on the park eating Sica’s chocolate.

Jiyeon was happily eating the chocolate. “You might have not done it romantically.”

“Why do I have to be romantic?”

“Unnie you are like the messenger of love so you have to at least a bit romantic.”

Hyomin pout and just watch Jiyeon happily munch. She is still thinking of what Jiyeon said. She poked Jiyeon’s cheek somehow she got fascinated watching how it moves as the younger girl munches heartily.

“Unniee.” Jiyeon whined. The girl does not want to be disturbed when she is eating.

“Mianhe” Hyomin said and wiped off the smudge of chocolate on Jiyeon’s face. She tried to feed Jiyeon who was pouting earlier but now happily eating again. To the passersby, they will look like a couple.

“Unnie, just treat her like how you would treat the person you like.” Jiyeon faced Hyomin and continued, “Unnie, why don’t you just confess to Sunny unnie?”

Hyomin tuck Jiyeon’s hair behind her ears, “Easy for you to say.”

Jiyeon whould be lying if she’d say that she doesn’t enjoy this kind of affection Hyomin is giving only to her. “Just treat her like how you treat me.”

“I can’t. You’re special.”

Jiyeon smiled. She likes that Hyomin treats her special. “If you treat Sunny unnie like this, you might have yourself a girlfriend.”

“I just have a crush on Sunny. That does not mean that I want her to be my girlfriend right now.”

“Yeah right.”

“Yes, I am crushing on Sunny but it’s not there yet. Aish..it’s difficult to explain.”

“I understand unnie. You haven’t fallen for her yet but you are on the way. But have you liked someone before?”

“Yes.” Jiyeon looked at Hyomin asking her to continue. “You.”

“Aish. Unnie, I mean like like.”

“Yes, I liked like you before. But I just moved on.”

“Yah!”

“It’s true. I had a huge crush on you. It was the first time I felt something like that. I said to myself that I will make you my girlfriend. But there is Eunjung. How can I compete with Eunyeon? Then there is also IU, Luna among others. And now Hyeri. There are a lot of people surrounding you so I gave up and moved on.”

Jiyeon does not know how to react of Hyomin’s confession. She is happy that Hyomin liked her. Sad that Hyomin gave up on her. Wonder what might have happened if Hyomin had confessed to her. Because back then she had a crush on the other girl too. It’s mixed of emotions. Frustration. “Unnie, you give up so easily. Effort. You are lacking effort. Don’t just give up after one try. You easily give up without even trying. Give a little effort!” Jiyeon said and stood up. “I’m going first.”

Hyomin just watch Jiyeon go. She wonders what have gone into the other girl. Why Jiyeon was suddenly upset maybe she got tired of her own endless stubbornness. One thing Hyomin is sure of that she needs to exert more effort to make Lee Qri accept the chocolate. Chocolate. The chocolate is gone! She and Jiyeon just ate it!!! Hyomin went from store to store to look for that particular chocolate. It was getting late when she found the same brand of chocolate. How can this be this expensive?! It will take all of my allowance and part of my savings. Ahh.. I have been saving to buy that camera. I guess it have to wait. It’s not like I can ask Sica to give me another one. Wait it’s not even the same flavor. Ahh.. it’s getting late I don’t have much time. Ok I will buy it. Lee Qri, you better accept this.