Final.

Heart of Ice

Kris has had a rough day. He was blamed for the loss of the basketball team, since he's the captain after all. 

"Yah, Kris! Cheer up! It's just one loss. We'll do better next time!" Chanyeol whispered.
"Shut up! You don't know how I feel!" 

Hyerin, on the other hand, wasn't able to watch the game. Hyerin is Kris' number one fan and this is the first time she's not able to watch him play. She felt sad and all the sad faces that greeted her made her worry.

"Kris! How did it go?"
"Where were you?! Don't you know I was waiting for you?!"
"Huh?" Hyerin mumbled.
"You're the reason why we lost! Get out of my sight!"


"Kris I-" He trailed off before she can finish the sentence.

"Wu Yi Fan! Aren't you being too harsh? Hyerin has always been there for you and we have to accept that we lost. We can't blame her. We can't blame anyone." Lay confronted Kris.
"Whatever."

Hyerin was shocked not because the team lost, but because of Kris' behavior. Being the kingka of the school, he has always been snobby but he never shouted at her. Tears threatened to fall as Hyerin watched Kris' disappearing figure along the hallway.

[The next day - Hyerin's POV]

"Ms. Park, did you hear me?" The teacher called my namew but I was too bothered by my thoughts. "Ms. Park!"
"N-ne?"
"If you're just gonna keep staring at the window like that, you better get out."
"N-ne..."
"Now, where was I?"

The discussion went on a little longer and I couldn't understand anything. My next class will be with Kris but I don't know how to face him. Maybe I don't want to face him at all. Should I just skip school today? 

Maybe I should just apologize to end all of this. We were out of town so I couldn't watch the game but I didn't know he'd wait for me. Way back then, I didn't really matter. Why is this a big deal now?

*rrring rring* 

The school bell rang, signaling everyone that it's time for our next class. I took a deep breath before stepping inside the classroom and there he was, sitting in the front row, the jerk whom I admired since I got here.

"Look who's here, it's Ms. Little Indian." He snorted and I just rolled my eyes and got to my seat.

"Annyeong haseyo, seonsangnim!"
"Take a seat, everybody. Today, we're gonna have a few experiments and I'm gonna assign your lab partner for this entire school year."

What?! Are you serious?! A partner for this whole school year?! Omo, I think I'm gonna faint.

"Okay, next we have Mr. Wu Yi Fan and Ms. Park Hyerin." Great, that's the last thing I wanna hear.
"Guess I'll be stuck with you the whole year then." He said in a sarcastic way.
"Did you even consider thinking about how I feel about this too before giving your opinion?"
"Stop whining around, I'm sure you're jumping inside and you want to explode because you're gonna have to spend the rest of the year with me."

Months passed and December was fast approaching. Hyerin and Kris already got used to each other.

"Good morning, Mr. Bully."
"Good morning, Ms. Cutie."

Kris liked the sight of Hyerin greeting him every morning but he didn't want to be called bully anymore. He just bullied her to get her attention and simply because he knows that she's head over heels in love with him.

"Hyerin-ah..."
"Mmm?"
"Please stop calling me 'Mr. Bully' now."
"Bwoh? But I thought you liked it..."
"I...I like you."

Hyerin knew she looked like a tomato but she couldn't care any less. Kris said it clear and short and she had a hard time convincing herself that this is really happening.

"Yah, did you hear me?"
"I did..."
"And? D-don't you have anything to say?" He waited for a response.
"What do you want me to say?"
"Hmm..." He made his voice sound smaller, similar to a girl's voice. "Wu Yi Fan, I like you too. Since the day I saw you, I've always like you. Can I call you jagiya now?" He laughed and I punched his shoulder lightly. "What? You're not going to say anything? Really?"
"Kris, I....I'm honored to be the one you like but I don't think I deserve someone as great as you. I-"
"Shh, stop saying those things, you make me feel like we're in a drama series. You're amazing just the way you are, don't you know that? You're beautiful, you're smart, you're kind and talented. It would be impossible for any guy not to like you."
"Kris, look. You're not my first and... I'm scared."
"Hyerin-ah, I'll never hurt you like that jerk did. Leaving you is the best mistake he did and the best blessing to me. I promise I'll take good care of you. I'm sorry for acting so rude. I just wanted to catch your attention and you look so cute when you're angry. I promise I'll make it up to, just give me a chance to show you that I can be your knight in shining armor."
"What happened to your heart of ice?" He grabbed her hand and placed it on his chest.
"You melted it away."
"I did?"
"Mmm.."

He leaned in for a kiss and she closed her eyes in anticipation. They shared their first kiss, it was short and sweet but they felt each other's warmth and passion.

"Saranghae, oppa."
"Nado saranghae, jagiya." 


Fin.