Why?

Is It Strange?

I followed the girl out to the track. I started to ask my self- Did I know her? Have I seen her before? I'm pretty sure "no" was answer to both. The girl turned and faced me. "I see you're getting pretty close to Nana, but I wish you wouldn't." "Why not?" I saw no reason why I shouldn't be getting close with Nana. "Okay. Look. Just don't." "I don't get this. Could you explain the reason why I shouldn't?" The final bell rang. The vice principal was walking around to see that all the student were going into class. We had to go. And I still didn't get an explanation from the girl on why she didn't want me getting close to Nana. Was Nana secretly a dude? Did she have hooves instead of feets? All these strange thoughts were going through my brain, but none of them made sense.

It was finally fourth block. When I entered the classroom, Nana was talking to someone... It was the girl! I quietly sat on my seat next to Nana. "Hi Lizzy!" "Hiya." "Have you met Uee, Lizzy?" So that was her name... "Lizzy?" "Huh? Oh I..." "Nope." Uee cut in.  "Nice to meet you Lizzy. I'm Nana's friend since grade 3." She grinned. "Yeah, nice to meet you too."  Since we're in grade 10, that means they've been friends for 7 years. Holy, that's a long time. Uee went back to her seat and class began.

We were doing a lab for Science. The teacher told us to partner up into groups of two. Nana looked at me. Uee looked at Nana. I looked at the back row where Uee was. She didn't look happy. "Lizzy." Nana said. I turned my head around. "Yes, Nana?" "Do you want to be my partner?" "But what about Uee?" "It's okay. She's friends with the girl beside her. They can partner up." "If that's the case... Okay."

Mr. Park told us to do chapter 5.3 in the textbook and we were done for the day. I chatted with Nana for a bit, but she had to go right after to a dinner with her family, so we parted early. I went up to the third floor to my locker. When I opened it...


Author's comment(s): Hello, story readers. Thanks for all your positive comments, subscriptions, and my readers who prefer to be silent. It's alright, I still love you.

Don't you just love cliffhangers. Just kidding. I hate them too. I need time to think, and I wanted to give you guys an update. This is the build up of the story.  Hope all of you enjoyed your weekend. See you all later! More to come...