The Girl

Is It Strange?

The next day, I waited for the clock to strike 1:40 PM. It's the time of the fourth and last block. Science. Not that I'm excited for Science, but because it's also the time when I get to see Nana. It felt like the clock was ticking in slow motion...

I was in Math class (my second block) and while my teacher was explaining something about calculus, I spaced out and thought of her. Nana was really kind to me. She smiled at me and talked to me in a sweet tone. How does she look? Drop dead gorgeous. She had milky skin that literally shone, long chocolate brown hair and the perfect height. Flawless. The lunch bell rang, and interrupted my thoughts. I packed up, then went to grab my lunch.

I was passing by the cafeteria, when I saw Nana at one of the tables. The table was packed with people. They were there because of Nana. She was popular with everyone. Boys and girls. Interesting how she was so kind to an unpopular girl like me. I wanted to say hi, but I didn't have the courage to go up to all those people. I was about to go upstairs, when I saw Nana get up from her seat. She was walking in my direction, and her eyes landed on me. She smiled. "Hey, Lizzy." She remembered my name! "Hi, Nana." I smiled back. "I need to go to the washroom. Be right back." "Okay." Nana took about a minute or two and asks me, "Do you want to eat with us?" "Uhhh..." I didn't know if I should. Should I? I'm pretty sure it'll be super awkward. But I eat alone... "Sure." I decided I'll go there and see how things are.

Nana grabbed my arm and pulled me to the group. "Hey Nana, who's the chick beside you?" "Lizzy. She just transfered here. And she's super cute and pretty too." She sat me down beside her. Eyes were scanning me. I was pretty sure I looked really red. I liked hanging around with Nana. I stayed there because Nana stayed. The group chatted, while Nana leaned her head on my shoulder. The warning bell rang and we all got up. "Bye Lizzy!' Nana waved at me. I said bye and waved back.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to find a girl staring at me. "I need to talk to you. Let's go to the track." Most of the people were gone by now. All of them went to their classes already. What does she want from me?