Moving in

Consequence

A/N: I'm all over the place with this story hehehe i'm trying to get a few chapters lined up so things are consistent

 

"Nice truck, hyung," you note sarcastically. "Unobtrusive. Why the hell did you get a damn moving truck? It's not exactly inconspicuous."

"Shut up, Ho. We have other cars. The truck's because of all this stuff." Rabbit-Hyuk gestures at the huge boxes of tech equipment sitting on the sidewalk. The airport staff is endlessly trundling them over.

"Ah, hyung~ You really didn't leave a single thing behind!" You sigh.

"Don't be a pabo, Minho, this is my spare set. Everything's still back there, where hyung-deul need to use it."

"Fine, whatever," you groan. "We don't need help," you call out quickly, seeing a staff go to pick up a box of particularly fragile hardware after arriving with the last of the boxes. "Kamsahamnida," you bow. "Hyung, tip them," you prompt. Rabbit-Hyuk holds a heavy box with one hand, bends down, and rummages around in his backpack with his other hand for some cash.

"There you go."  The shocked employees stare at his deceptively slight frame, then at the huge box that had taken two of them to lift.

"K-kamsahamnida," they stutter, shooting one last glance at me, where I'm whistling cheerfully and hopping into the back of the truck with boxes under both arms. I nod at them, bowing slightly.

"Man, I wonder how they would've reacted if they'd seen Ox hyung," I laugh. "Or if they knew…"

Rabbit and I share a companionable look.

 

***

 

"This place doesn't look like it has great security, hyung," I observe dubiously as I pull the truck up to the curb, after getting waved in by the security guard. "We have work to do tonight."

"Yeah, but it's the best place I could find. Nobody pays much attention to this place at night, since the residents here keep weird hours."

I peer up at the windows. "Which one are we?"

Rabbit-Hyuk points. "Penthouse. We're technically not allowed on the roof-"

"I'll take care of that, but geez, I thought we were supposed to avoid being ostentatious." I narrow my eyes at him. "That looks like it cost an awful lot of money. "

"The Shin family consists of two twin brothers in their playboy years, and a younger sister. We just came into a chunk of cash, obviously we'd live somewhere like this," he reasons sheepishly.

I roll my eyes. "Araso. Let's get unloading before people come and wonder about this oh-so-inconspicuous truck." I pop the door open and hop out, stretching.

"Yah, I told you we have other cars," Rabbit-Hyuk protests, getting out and throwing something at me.

I dodge and grab the object out of the air. "You trying to kill me?" Opening my palm, I examine the Mercedes car key and notice a circular emblem on the side. "Aw, you shouldn't have. How'd you do it in such a short time?"

"Anything goes in Korea if you have money." Rabbit-Hyuk grins smugly. "What do you say?"

"Gomawoyo, saranghae~" I grab him and plant a brotherly kiss on his cheek. "Daebak, I've wanted my own car for ages."

"Ugh, plfh," he sputters, wiping his face. "A hug would've been okay as well. I was going to give it to you back in Hong Kong, but then things turned out like this." Grabbing my shirt before I can rush off to check out the car, he shoots me a stern look. "Where do you think you're going? Help me get this all set up. You can go see your baby tonight."

Whining, I drag my heels as he tows me around to the back of the truck.

 

***

 

"Is someone moving in today? At this hour?" Jinhwan asks, peering out the window. "Hanbin-ah!"

"What, hyung?" B.I. calls from where he's sprawled with the rest of iKON. They've just arrived back in the dorm from the practice room. "Chanwoo, go check what hyung wants."

"Arasoyo," Chanwoo chirps, and goes over to Jinhwan. "What's going on?"

"There are new people moving in today," Jinhwan tells him.

"It's an awfully weird time to be moving in," Chanwoo observes. "They must be celebrities. I wonder who they are?"

"Let me see." Bobby pops up behind Chanwoo. "Are there only two of them?" His eyes widen. "That guy can't possibly lift that box by himself, he looks way too skinny- Whoa."

"I'm bored," Jinhwan announces to iKon in the living room. "There are new people moving in by themselves. I'm going downstairs to talk to them, maybe help them out."

"Me too." Bobby volunteers, trailing the oldest hyung out into the entrance area.

"Anyone else want to come?" Chanwoo asks, following as well.

"Can you buy some drinks while you're out?" Junhwae asks, focused on the screen.

"Araso," Jinhwan agrees.

"Ah wae? Buy them yourself, Junhwae," Bobby retorts, but he's looking for his wallet already.

 

***

 

Rabbit-Hyuk and I take turns using the two elevators to transport the boxes up. It's my turn to watch the truck when I hear the elevator doors open. Picking up a box, I freeze when I hear three pairs of footsteps.

"Annyeonghaseyo~" someone calls cheerfully. From the sound of the tread and his voice, it's a group of young adults.

Tense, I set down the box and check my reflection in the side mirrors, re-adjusting my features. Turning around, I smile and bow. "Annyeonghaseyo."

 

***

 

In the elevator, on the way down from the penthouse, Rabbit freezes as new voices sound in his ear. Emerging into the faint light of the early morning hours, he squints slightly to bring the four figures closer, and then relaxes slightly. My posture is open, signaling that all is well and that the three are no apparent threat.

"Excuse us, but you looked like you could use some help," the shortest boy explains. "I'm iKON's Jinhwan."

"iKON's Bobby," Bobby introduces himself cheerfully. I narrow my eyes, thinking.

"iKON's Chanwoo," Chanwoo volunteers shyly.

Grinning, Bobby ruffles his hair. "He's the maknae."

"Shin Minho-ibnida," I introduce myself. "We're moving into the penthouse today. That's my twin brother, Minhyuk." They turn to look at Rabbit-Hyuk, who walks over. Only I notice the slight tension in his frame.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Shin Minhyuk-ibnida." He bows cautiously. "Who might you be?"

"We're members of iKON, YG's newest boy group," Jinhwan introduces. "I'm Jinhwan, that's Chanwoo, and this is Bobby. The rest of us are upstairs. We came down because we thought you could use some help… May I ask why you didn't hire moving men?"

"It's fine," Rabbit-Hyuk says immediately. "We don't need any help. Some of these boxes are very fragile, so we prefer to take care of them ourselves."

I disappear around the side of the truck.

"Are you sure? We'll be very careful," Bobby offers doubtfully.

"It might be better to accept their offer, oppa. We're supposed to be sociable playboys, right? I guarantee these boys aren't a threat."

Upon hearing my voice in his earpiece, Rabbit-Hyuk agrees. "Actually, we could use some help. You can take-"

"The boxes farther in are screens and other delicate equipment. They'll be fine taking the ones near the back."

"-the boxes nearest the outside," he finishes, pointing at the designated boxes. "Kamsahamnida." He hovers worriedly as Bobby starts to lift the first box. "Careful…"

Bobby's legs wobble as he takes the box into his arms, unprepared for its weight. "Holy cr- Are all of the boxes this heavy?"

"That's one of the lighter ones," I call, emerging from the other side with an even larger box, walking with a spring in my step. "Thanks for offering to help!"

"One of the lighter ones-" Bobby repeats disbelievingly. "You guys are really strong," he exclaims.

"But we don't look it, right?" I laugh. "Bobby-ssi, come on."

 

"You and Minhyuk-ssi are really daebak," Bobby says wonderingly as I open the door to the furnished penthouse, revealing the stacks of boxes inside. "How can you still be so fresh after moving all those boxes?"

"Ah, we… we work out a lot," I say, sliding the box I'm holding carefully onto a stack.

"I see…" I work out too, Bobby thinks sadly.

"Bobby-ssi, I've actually seen you on TV," I speak up. "Show Me The Money 3, right? You're the season winner? I'm honored to meet you."

He grins disarmingly. "Neh, I was with B.I., iKON's leader. Gomawoyo, hyung- Can I call you hyung? Since we're practically neighbors… You're older than me, right? I'm 20."

"I'm 22, so sure, you can call me hyung. I'd actually like to meet B.I. if I get the chance. I had no idea you lived here."

"No problem, hyung, I can bring the rest of iKON up to visit. But hyung, what is your profession?"

"I don't have a job at the moment," I say evasively. "We're not in a rush, since we have some money from our grandmother. We're still young, and kind of discovering our directions."

"Ah. Sorry, I thought only people in the entertainment industry lived here," Bobby explains. "That's why I asked."

"This building is supposedly exclusively for celebrities," Rabbit explains through my earpiece. "I know this wasn't in the backgrounds I developed, but think of something that makes sense. Improvise."

I roll my eyes internally. Of all the things to leave out… This is why Rabbit never masterminds our operations. Quickly, I revise our backgrounds. "Actually, Hyukie's a tech guy, so he's planning on working behind the scenes on some shows or movies, like he did in the US."

"Yah, I didn't mean throwing me under the train!"

Tough luck, oppa.

"I'm skilled in a variety of areas, but I'm thinking of working as a stunt double or some such. I enjoy martial arts," I continue, holding the door open for you two to head back down for more boxes.

"That's so cool!" Bobby exclaims. "Have you ever considered modeling, though? You're really good looking."

"Nope. Nuh uh."

"I'm not looking for any high-profile jobs." I shake my head. Relax, oppa.

"I see."

 

***

 

"Minhyuk-ssi and Minho-ssi are really something," Chanwoo exclaims as he, Bobby, and Jinhwan take the elevator down to iKON's dorm.

"They're so fit!" Bobby says enviously. "And Minho hyung wants to be a stunt double. He must be really good at martial arts."

"I wouldn't have pegged him for the type," Jinhwan notes. "He's prettier than a girl."

"Who's pretty?" Yunhyeong calls, perking up.

"The hyung-deul who moved in upstairs," Bobby answers. "They're 22, but they look really young. They're twins."

"Aw, I thought you meant a girl," Junhwae sighs. "Did you bring drinks?"

"Ani, I told you to go get it yourself. Hanbin-ah, let's all go upstairs and welcome them. They seem really cool."

 

***

 

"Can we please go shopping, oppa?" I plead, sprawled on the big couch in the living room. "I've been wearing the same clothes for years."

"That's a lie, Qilin," Rabbit says doubtfully.

"No, oppa, I've actually been wearing the same clothes for years," I tell him. "Now that we're here, I want to get out and about, so I need decent clothes. Plus, I have zero girl clothes to speak of. The last time I wore female attire was back before you guys pulled me from AIS."

"Qilin-"

"There's no way you can make me stay cooped up here. It's not like in HK, where people might jump me," I argue.

Suddenly, the doorbell rings.