12

Spill the Coffee

12.

Jungkook’s POV

Jimin woke up by the smell of medicines. It was blurry when he opened his eyes. He felt weak. His eyes wandered in the white room. He wasn’t familiar of any part of the room. The bed, the tables, the sofa, the window, the curtains. A sound of door being opened was heard. Jimin turned his head, finding me approaching him.

“Hey, how do you feel?” I smiled.

“Not bad.” Jimin smiled back.

I stared at Jimin’s pale face. It hurts me so much that I thought I shouldn’t be here or I might die with heartache.

“You almost really burn the café.” I giggled afterwards, inviting the older to smile shyly.

“Sorry, then.” Jimin replied.

The silence joined us. I didn’t know what to say, so did Jimin. Jimin turned his head to the big fat window beside him. It was already bright again. He turned his head to the room again, a clocking voice on the wall showed him that it was already seven in the morning.

“How long I’ve been here?” He asked.

I looked at my watch, “Like… 7 hours?”

“So I slept here.” Jimin sighed, I think he is thinking about how he will pay the fee of sleeping here with all of the medical things attached to him.

“The head of orphanage came here. She said she’d like you to join the orphanage again and I heard she has paid the hospital fee.” I smiled, grabbing his hand, rubbing my thumb on his fingers.

Jimin quickly pulled his hand inside his blanket, making me a bit startled. I just touched him. I just grabbed his hand. I just realized that what I was doing doesn’t look normal to Jimin even though it looked normal to me.

Awkward silence again.

“Uh- I- uh… Did you meet the doctor?” I was a bit startled by the question and only nodded.

“So, uh, you’ve known about- ca- that?” I bit my lips.

Yes. I’ve known that before you knew that I knew that.

“Yes.”

“Duh.” He sighed. I just looked down.

“That time,” I said, making Jimin to turn his head to me, “That time when you said that you wanted me to not meet Taehyung for three months. Was it all because of this?” I said, brave enough.

“Uh- maybe?” he said, questioning himself.

“Do you love me?” I asked, staring to his black eyes intensely. He didn’t reply me. He didn’t.

“I am asking you, Jimin.” I said. I really wanted the answer. I wanted it so bad because I thought that I’ve known the answer. He must’ve really love me, right?

“As friend.” Jimin added my thoughts. He looked away after he answered me. No, that wasn’t the answer I wanted. None of the words were similar to ‘I love you’.

I snorted. I’ve been expecting a lot. I should’ve known the answer. No, I knew the answer already but I denied it. At least my heart denied it.

“Three months, huh?” I asked to myself.

“Let’s have fun for three months. I will borrow money from Jin and we will have fun. For three months.” I said, smiling weakly as Jimin turned his head and smiled brightly. Just the opposite of what I was doing.

He looks so fragile that I thought that he would break in pieces if I touch him. I hate seeing the masterpiece in front of me looking so fragile. He was just a strong and cheerful boy few months ago and now he is lying on the bed of a big hospital.

“I wonder if the doctor will let me out?” He asked to himself.

“I will talk to the doctor.” I smiled.

-

October

Jin picks us up in front of the hospital with his car after I said that it might be impossible to bring Jimin on a bus full of smokers. I lift up his bag while he enters the car.

Now I am the one who lift his bag. The reality saddens me. So much.

Jimin looks all excited and bright when he sits on the car like a child.

“Now, where is the first place we are going to?”

“Don’t you think you need your treatment, Jim?” I asked. He suddenly pouts and blinks his eyes to me.

Realizing that his lets-weaken-Jungkook’s-guard ritual has failed, he sighs, folding his arm on his chest.

“Let’s stop doing treatment and focus ourselves to have fun.” He said, “I mean, myself.” He corrected.

“But-“

“Uh-huh. Obey me.”

“If you don’t go with your treatment, you might die earlier.” Jin added. Well, that sentence was what I was about to say.

“But I want to have fun. Have fun! Have fun!” Jimin jumped excitedly, making the car bumps a few times. I widen my eyes. I’ve never seen Jimin acting cute and stubborn like this, which is a shame when I should’ve seen more before.

“Jung, I think we need to obey the kid.” Jin said as he starts the engine.

“I want to go to the amusement park.” Jimin said after a while.

“Don’t you think it’s a bit dangerous for you to-“ I instantly shut my mouth when Jimin’s palm landed on my lips.

“Don’t pity me like I’d die in a few hours. I am still alive, Jung. Please let me live the way I want to.” He said seriously. I just shut my mouth.

Yes, Jungkook. Let him live the way he wanted to.

-

Author’s POV

“Ohhh yeah! Yeah! We need to ride it again, shall we?!” Jungkook’s head has been spinning since they’ve landed their feet on the ground.

“We can either stop riding that thing or I’m going home.” Jungkook threatened. Jimin glared at Jungkook but Jungkook doesn’t seem like he really cares, making Jimin to only pout and follow Jungkook to the seat near the rollercoaster’s entrance.

“Then, what are we going to play?” Jimin folded his arms, looking bored.

“Let’s play sit-down-for-awhile-and-help-Jungkook-to-breathe.” Jungkook explained as he massages his temple.

“Duh. You’re so boring. Why didn’t we just ask Jin to join us? I think he will be more fun than you.”

Jungkook turns his head to Jimin who is sitting beside him, then he snorts, “I can’t even stand to ride that again after the third ride. Jin won’t beat me.” Jungkook said then starts to massage his temple again.

Jimin keeps glaring to Jungkook. They are still sitting there after five minutes passed. Jimin wandered his eyes to every corner of the amusement park that he can reach. He found a photo-booth with a big love as the background. Jimin suddenly grins and pulls Jungkook’s hand as he starts to run to the photo-booth.

“H-hey! Wait!” Jungkook protested but he still ended up being pulled by the older.

“Let’s take a picture.” Jimin said with a big grin in his face.

“Hell, no.” Jungkook snorts and walks away a few step, but he isn’t fast enough that Jimin can still reach his shirt and positioning Jungkook back to his place.

“Let’s make memories, you kid. This might be the last, you know.” Jimin said, putting an act to his cute face, looking all sad and depressed. Jungkook has no choice but say yes to Jimin.

“Well… Okay. But, not here?” Jungkook said with his eyes still glued to the background.

“I want it here. Obey me, naughty.” Jimin glared while Jungkook can only sighs.

A couple passes by the booth. Jimin quickly asks them to take his picture with Jungkook and fortunately –not for Jungkook– the couple accepts to take the picture.

Jungkook and Jimin did matching poses which is making the couple almost bite their nails by the cuteness of both Jimin and Jungkook.

The girl who took the picture handed Jimin his phone.

“You two looks good together.” Jungkook blushed while Jimin said : “Oh, really? I hope not because he isn’t good.” Then laugh his heart out. The couple only giggles and waved them goodbye.

“I was just kidding, don’t be mad.” Jimin said as he elbowed Jungkook’s arm.

“I’m not.” Jungkook said.

“Let’s buy ice cream.” Jimin said again and all Jungkook can do is obey.

They go straight to the ice cream shop in front of them.

“Which flavor?” Jimin asked.

“Chocolate.” Jungkook replied.

“One chocolate and one vanilla, please?” Jimin said then received a nod from the shopkeeper.

They wait for a minute and two ice cream is ready to be eaten by them. Jimin handed out his phone again, taking a picture of Jungkook eating ice cream silently, but Jimin forgot to silent his phone so the ‘click’ sound is out.

“Hey, taking picture of me isn’t free.” Jungkook said.

“Wow, so stingy to hyung.” Jimin said, pouting, and start to eat the ice cream.

Jungkook only smirks then continue to eat his ice cream. Both parties are so busy eating ice cream until Jimin stops Jungkook.

“Let’s take a picture of us.” He said, “Don’t finish your ice cream first!” Jimin prevents Jungkook’s hand to start shoving ice cream to Jungkook’s mouth.

“You’re so fussy.” Jungkook sneered.

Jimin hands out his phone, taking them a picture of both eating ice cream. Jimin grins at the photo.

“Look.” Jimin shows Jungkook the photo, “I look good.” Jimin only laughs while Jungkook only stares at the picture. He gulps at the picture.

Jimin is so freaking cute at the picture.

Jimin is so freaking cute at the picture!

“I have an idea.” Jimin said suddenly, making Jungkook a bit startled.

“What?”

“Follow me.”

They keep walking with Jimin leading Jungkook as he turns his head to the right and left searching for something.

“Where are we going?”

“Hmmm…” Jimin hums then stopped walking, “There.” Jimin smiles so bright while Jungkook is only looking at him with a confused face.

They both enter the stationery shop that Jimin means to go. Jimin goes straight to the book shelves, searching for something.

“What exactly are we doing here?” Jungkook said, looking all confused and puzzled.

“A diary.” Jungkook raised his brow after hearing Jimin’s answer.

“What for?” He asked.

“What do you think a diary is for?” Jimin stared at Jungkook and keep searching a diary that looks good to him.

“No, I mean. Why do you need it?”

Jimin only grins for the answer, making Jungkook even more lost.

Jimin picks up a book with two boys hugging as the cover, two coloring pens, and a glue stick. He goes to the cashier and pays for both.

“Uh, excuse me?” Jimin asked, gaining attention from the cashier.

“Can I borrow, uh, a printer? I’d like to print some pictures from my phone.”

The cashier looks like she is thinking for a while then she nods.

“Wait a minute.” She bends down and stands up again with a photo-printer on her hand.

“I’ll pay for it.” Jimin smiled.

“Oh, no problem, Sir. It’s my pleasure to help you.” The girl smiles shyly to Jimin. Jungkook only stares at the girl with full of disgust. How dare he flirts with a girl?

“Ah. Thank you for these.” Jimin smiled after he received his photos. And walks out of the shop.

“What are those for?” Jungkook keep asking while they walk to a long chair.

Jimin opens the book, in the first page.

He writes a date on the upper right of the book.

“This is ours.” Jimin said while he glues the backside of the photo, sticking it.

“Diary? So cheesy.” Jungkook giggles.

Jimin doesn’t really respond then he starts to write under the photos he has stuck.

           

I am Jimin and I have a disease.

           I might die, I don’t know when. But the doctor has predicted the month.

            I don’t know if I can stay for Christmas this year,

            so I hope that this book will last long at least for Christmas.

            This book is Jungkook’s. He must keep this book or he’ll cry over me,

            when I’m gone. Hahaha.

            For Jungkook :

            Thank you for today.

            Thank you for making memories with me.

            Our friendship will last long too, right?

            From : Jimin

 

He gives the book to Jungkook.

“This is yours and you must cherish this book more than anything,” he chuckles, “Let’s go home for now!”

 

-

sorry for the late update. i said that i might finish this by today but it looks like i can't

suddenly a big pile of homeworks came to me and i have to finish it lol

fortunately i have finished some and got the chance to continue.

sorry for the waits huhu