Plan C

My Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wake up Joongie...its already 10am." Yunho tried to untangle Jaejoong from his body. Jaejoong looked really tired when Yunho woke up in the morning so he let her sleep and was ready to get out of bed. But the minute he moved Jaejoong turned and held him tightly. She almost climed on his chest placed herself like a baby. Not wanting to wake her up, Yunho stayed in the same position for two hours.

"Jae I can't feel my bones. Please you need to get up."

"Its your fault that I am tired now. Don't move let me sleep."

"but you can't be in bed all day. we have guests in the evening and you might have to prepare a feast for a whole village, or a small country or a medium country." Yunho tried to give a quantity to their guest's appetite but failed to notice jaejoong's glare.

"Jung Yunho, when were you going to tell me we're having guests? an hour before they came?" Jaejoong slapped his chest with each word.

"Ouchie! stop!' Yunho held his wife away from him. "It slipped my mind okay. and you're the one who's oversleeping." That earned another slap and this one was so big the thwacking sound alerted even Jiyool in the next room.

"Umma?" Jiyool entered the room gingerly. She went up to her parent's bed and Yunho pulled her up. Jaejoong got off him and sat with her arms crossed.

"Yah! Yunho, how many people are coming that you want me to cook so much?"

"Yoochun and Junsu will land from Jeju around 4, I think mom's going on that old people cruise so she won't be here." Yunho made a thinking pose and Jiyool copied her father.

"You want me to cook for a medium country. Since when did those two get a big stomach?" jaejoong paused for a moment and then her eyes widened, "Omo! Is Junsu pregnant? Is it twins? Does she have cravings?"

"going waaaay too fast Jae." Yunho remarked while fighting the urge to laugh because Jiyool has stuck her head inside his Bambi shirt and her hair was tickling him. "Yoochun and Junsu are far from expecting and I didn't get to complete telling you the guest list. Ow! Jiyool" Yunho pulled out his daughter from inside his shirt because she bit him. His loose shirt over the lump of a Jiyool reminded Jaejoong of those mpreg fics about dbsk and Yunho really did look pregnant. When Yunho successfully pulled out Jiyool and held her up by her armpits, Jaejoong clapped, "Mazeltov! It's a boy."

"Umma, Yoolie is gull!" Jiyool said seriously.

"Yoolie, Umma is mad!" Yunho deadpanned.

"So who is this person you say eats enough for a country?" jaejoong asked while Jiyool went behind Jaejoong to play with her favourite toy-Jaejoong's hair.

"there is only one person we know who eats that much." Yunho said cryptically, knowing jaejoong would understnad soon enough. he was right, becuase Jaejoong's eyes widened then a big smile followed.

"Minnie?" Jaejoong asked and Yunho nodded. Jiyool peeked from behind Jaejoong with a mouthful of her hair. "Minnie Moush?" Jaejoong reached behind her to save her hair, "Appa, ale we going to Dizzyland?" Jiyool spoke more clearly now.

"not disneyland sweety, and it's not Minnie Mouse. we're talking about you're uncle, Umma's brother Changmin." Yunho explained because Jaejoong was too happy to speak.

"But Yoolie already have uncle Chunnie? Uncle Chunnie is not pororo fan but uncle Chunnie is nice." Jiyool reasoned. The 2 year old brain can't process why she needs a new uncle when she has one already and a good one too. If only he liked Pororo and not shared his Bambi obsession with his father. She hates it already that her Pororo merchandise has no place because of certain Bambis and Hello Kitties.

"Uncle Minnie is your Umma's brother just like Uncle Chunnie is Appa's brother. You'll love him Yoolie. He's a Pororo fan too. he'll share his Pororo things with you." Yunho came closer to his wife so he can whisper to Jiyool, "that bag you got, was from your Uncle Minnie."

"Pororo bag?" Jiyool's face brightened remembering her most recent addition to her pororo kingdom, "Yollie Love Uncle Minnie." Jiyool squealed. Neither noticed the dreadful expression Jaejoong had.

"Bag...mall..." Jaejoong seemed to have connected the dots but she wanted to know from Yunho, "Yun how?" She asked him, "how did you get Minnie to come?"

"we keep in touch. Since you stopped sending him letters when Yooloie was born, I gave him updates instead."

"I told you Yun, it's no use."

"Just Changmin, Jae, I never spoke to your parents. Your brother cares about you and just wants to know if your okay."

"and tonight? will they be coming too? I told you Yunho I'm not over what they did. Wasn't those two times earlier enough to tell you that?"

"I understand Joongie. That's why it's just Changmin. Your parents don't even know. he'll make some excuse to come here without your parents knowing."

"Really? Promise?" Yunho felt his heart stop. He can't promise because he'll be lying. He managed to bring his mouth to answer somehow.

"trust me Jae. It will be just Changmin and Yoochun-Junsu." he smiled in hopefully a reassuring manner.

"well then!" jaejoong stood up almopst throwing Jiyool off the bed (good thing her parents have fast reflexes). She walked out of the bedroom, "Have to make a lot of food and go grocery shopping first. But I need to make a list. Do I even have enough flour?" Jaejoong muttered and left the room. Yunho sat Jiyool on her lap and told her to "watch". Sure enough Jaejoong came speedwalking in half a minute, "Have to wash the saliva from my hair first."

~~~

"You guys are painfully quiet." Changmin states while driving. Once in a while, he'd glance at his parents through the rear-view mirror. He's surprised his parents haven't attempted to jump out of the vehicle. He did get lot of questioning before he left but they didn't refuse coming when Changmin said he wanted to introduce them to his 'girl'.

Naive Parents that he has, thought he's talking about his girlfriend.

"Just keep your eyes on the road boy." Mr Kim said and resumed staring out the window. He didn't know this side of town because he never came here. But he does know Jaejoong's company around here. Jaejoong did live close to her workplace but Mr Kim doesn't know that.

"I think I mentioned you don't get to be sassy with me." Changmin said coldly. "You're my parents but as for the control you force on your children, that's got to stop." His parents didn't say anything but Changmin knew his point was clear.

In fact, the Kims had understood that they can't control everything of thier children's lives. This was the reason why they agreed to go meet Changmin's girlfirend. Mrs Kim had put some sense into her husband's head last night telling him that they'd lose their son like they lost their older child if they don't give Changmin's lover a good chance.

Now as much as they regret their behavior towards their daughter, their pride was bigger. That's why they haven't taken the step to reconcile with Jaejoong. Mrs Kim thinks that it's futile anyway. They should have done so when they recieved those letters and gifts but lost the chance. Jaejoong tried for long but she gave up and concentrated on her new family than her old one.

"We're here." Changmin pulled over in the driveway of house. It was homely yet with a touch of modern. 3-storeys, french-style windows, well-maintained garden and a play castle with toys in the backyard. 

"Changmin, why're there toys in the backyard? Does your girlfriend have children?" Mrs Kim asked. Changmin faced her after ringing the doorbell.

"Here I thought you wouldn't judge." Changmin rolled his eyes and Mrs Kim bit the inside of her cheek, "My girlfriend doesn't have kids. And didn't I tell we're here to see my 'girl' not girlfriend." Before his parents could say anything, a small thumping beside the door got their attention.

They saw the curtains of the large windows beside the door slightly pushed aside from inside and a small face peeking and thumping on the window in greeting. The older couple didn't know what or who it was so they waved back awkwardly. When the small head disappeared, they heard some clicking and struggling sounds from behind the door followed by a Hyejin unnie, help~.

The door opened and first thing they saw was a young girl, younger than Changmin. Mr Kim being too nervous about meeting Changmin's lover was more forward than neccessary and stepped forward to shake the girl's hand. "You must be Changmin's girlfriend. I'm sorry we don't know much about you. Changmin hardly tells us anything." Changmin facepalmed.

"Umm....appa, wrong girl." He told him.

"The girl smiled awkwardly, "umm...sir, I'm just a college freshman part-timing as a nanny. I don't have time to date." The girl said. Mr Kim looked at her then Changmin then back at her and he withdrew his hands as if he was stung and smiled sheepishly.

Changmin gave a glare to his father and turned to girl. "Can we come in?" The girl opened the door wider to let them in. While they were in the hallway taking off their coats and shoes, the child behind the girl observed from her hiding place. She tugged her nanny's skirt and exclaimed, "Hyejin unnie, it's mall ajhumma. I told you she looks like umma." those owrds made everyone look at the girl and Mrs Kim gasped.

After just two meetings the picture of Jiyool was ingrained in her memory. She could recognise her granddaughter anywhere now. Mr and Mrs Kim looked at CHangmin for explaination but he looked cool.

"Yoolie, if you stand there, how can our guests come inside?" Jiyool made a small gasp and plastered herself to the wall to make way for the guests. Yunho chuckled and coughed a bit due to it. Mr and Mrs Kim looked at a loss as whot to do and fidgeted in their place. "hyejin-ah, you should take the day off and spend the New Years with your family." Hyejin thanked him and left after pecking Jiyool's cheeks. Yunho pointed at the couch in the living room. "Why don't you sit?" He invited his in-laws. Silently the old couple walked to the living room while avoiding eye-contact with Yunho.

Changmin stepped forward but felt a weight on his leg. He looked down to meet almond-eyes looking at him curiuosly, "Ale you Minnie Moush?" Changmin laughed loudly. he picked up Jiyool, "I'll be you Minnie mouse, you're Micky mouse and Donald duck."

"No, no, no. Micky is uncle chunnie and aunty Su is duckie. You be Minnie."

"I'll be whatever you want. Because you're my girl." Changmin nuzzled her cheek and she squealed at the ticklish feeling of his scruff.

""Yoolie you're girl?"

"Yes, you're my girl. Because you love Pororo and I love Pororo, so you're my girl." Jiyool clapped excitedly at her Pororo fanmate. "hey, Yoolie, have you seen the new Pororo DVD?"Jiyool held her face like the 'scream' painting dude and she shook her head. "well, guess what I have?" Changmin showed her the DVD and she squealed making grabby hands to it but Changmin held it away. "uh-uh! I'm only letting you borrow it." The overgrown Pororo fanatic wouldn't even share with his own niece. Jiyool nodded and finally got the DVD. Changmin put her down and she ran to the living room where the TV was. She had seen it done so many times that now she knew how to use the DVD player.

Yunho saw his daughter go to her grandparents and they talk while Jiyool puts the disc in the player. Yunho smiles and turns to Changmin who mirrored the same expression. He pat his shoulder to get the younger's attention, "You do know that my 2 year old doesn't know the concept of borrowing." 

"what the- I want it back." Changmin said childishly.

"later, I beleive you want to meet someone else first." Yunho pulled Changmin towards the kitchen, "You know how she gets when she's cooking for you. She's lost in cooking. I don't think she even registered you guys are here." Changmin peeked in the kitchen and found Jaejoong running around. She cut the salad vegetables, then stirred the pot, checked the roast turkey in the oven and went back to her cutting. It reminded him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter