Your Bodyguard

Last Dimension

 

 

“Who are you?” The brat threw the look of disgust towards him, but Kai missed it. The world around him had been shut down for a while and he did not respond to the young lady’s question. And it made her sneered. “Hey. I’m asking you-”

Kai stared into her eyes, after receiving a painful pinch on his waist and he gained his rightful senses back. His darkened expression stunned the spoiled daughter. She was taken aback.

He smiled, sweetly, just like how Kyungsoo had trained him. “Nice to meet you,” he said, “I am Kai, your new bodyguard.” And that little introduction was enough to make the brat stomped her foot upstairs, slamming her room door hard.

 

The sigh escaped from his lips. This is going to be a tough job.

 

> > < <

 

Mrs. Kang timidly poured the green tea into his cup. She, too, served some leftover pancakes to Kai. He had to wait for the Big Man to come home, acknowledging the man that he was going to work as the new bodyguard for the daughter. He had been sitting there, talking to the maids for an hour. They asked him too much things, that it made him tired for no reason.

 

“Believe it or not.” Mrs. Kang pulled the chair across of him and sat on it. curved, forming a smile full of warmth. “To see the princess acted of that way, it was very rare Hyein stomped her foot like some kindergarten kids.” She chuckled and took a little sip of her tea.

Kai leaned comfortably and looked around the breathtaking landscape of the yard. Green. Full of green creatures. Nature. He then, turned back, gazing the middle-aged woman who was enjoying the tasteless green tea. “How long have you been here?”

She placed the cup carefully on the wooden table and pursed her lips into a thin line. “As long as I could remember.”

 

Kai let out a small laugh. She must be here for a long time to not add ‘Miss’ while mentioning the spoiled princess’s name. “So. Why did you say it was rare?”

There was a pause before the woman got up, as she remembered that she was baking some cookies for the child. “My cookies.” She walked into the house, somehow, stopped on her track, and she spun around. “She usually fought back and used violence towards the previous bodyguards. I wonder why didn’t she behave like she used to be?” And she slipped inside.

 

It left Kai with the riddle. “So, that’s her name. Wu Hyein.”

“Yes. That is her name.”

 

The familiar voice greeted him, startling the young man. He turned around, and abruptly stood. At this moment, he did not know how should he react.

 

The voice owner offered him a gentle smile, along with a nod that Kai failed to figure out the meaning behind it. This man. This Big Man. Wu. His lips began to tremble. Kai was holding himself not to do anything out of control. Somehow, he could never promise that he would be able to remain sane.

Standing in front of a dead person who was talking normally to him. This was unbelievable. It felt unrealistic. This betrayer Wu had been murdered by his very own hands. But then again, that Wu, he hated passionately had nothing to do with the Wu who eyes were fixed on him at this time. Kai bit his bottom lip. Countless time he reminded himself that he was living in the Third Dimension. Nobody here was an enemy.

 

Somehow, it never felt right.

 

“I was told that you are my daughter’s personal bodyguard,” Wu began to break the silence. “I hope you can endure her. She, with her endless tantrums, who always feels she is correct.” The father burst out, laughing.

It made Kai speechless. That expression. That expression of affection. He saw straight through the man, how he loved his daughter dearly. That smile was the same as the potrait he saw, back in the First Dimension when he trespassed into Wu’s Residence.

“But I’m not sure I can approve you, though you have such great qualities like they were written in your form.” Wu rubbed the back of his neck, that his hesitance was shown obviously.

Kai tilted his head. “Why, Sir?”

“Hmm.” He then rubbed his chin. “You.” He crossed his arms on his stomach. “You are very good-looking to be a personal bodyguard. You can alure my daughter with that-”

The young man snorted. “Do you think I am that worthless? Taking advantage over my work?” He had lose his patience. To be insulted, he could endure. But to be put into the same level as someone cheap, he just could never hold his anger.

 

Big Man Wu was a bit aghast with the respond. Little did he realize, those lines from the younger simply rose his confidence in trusting him. The father smiled widely. “That… is the thing I want to hear the most.” Wu bowed. “Please take care of my daughter.”

 

> > < <

 

“So you’ve approved him?” Wu Hyein seemed to be against with her father’s decision. When the father nodded, she let out a loud sigh of frustration. This could not be happening. She knew, that Kai would be very different from the other obedient bodyguards of hers. That Kai guy was no joke. She saw it.

“Why? Isn’t he good-looking?” Wu purposely fired up her already burning heart.

Father. “I hate you!” She stormed out from the huge office room of the father and kept mumbling her depression in Chinese. This was not right, that was wrong. Everything was dissatisfying her.

 

She stopped in front of her room and fixed her gaze on the floor. Calm down, Hyein. She inhaled deeply, bringing the right amount of oxygen to her brain, so she could think properly. Exactly like a grown-up, not like a small unthoughtful kid.

When it felt better, she twisted her door-knob, stepped in gracefully and shut the door behind her. She knew, she should just get rid of the new bodyguard as soon as possible. Same things, same tactics and same excuses. Thinking of the brilliant plans playing on her mind, it simply made her lips widely smiled. Victory was siding on her.

 

“What was so funny?”

Her eyes fluttered opened as fast as lightning. And her jaw dropped. “W-What the hell are you doing here?!”

 

Kai looked around and crossed his legs freely as he was sitting on the edge of Hyein’s comfortable bed. He silently felt a little envy towards Wu Hyein. This girl was born in such luxury. Silver spoon; they said.

 

He got up and walked to the windows. “I’ve done with all the probability for you to escape.”

Hyein was surprised, plus confused. “Escape?” She sniffed. “I think, you’ve misunderstood me.” She defended herself. “Running away from house is never my style.”

He hung his head low. And it went lower. Wu Hyein was such an immature girl. “Run away is never anyone’s style. It becomes a solution to have your wings spread freely, without worrying for one to control you.”

 

Her heart. It pounded hardly, that she became afraid if the young man could hear her.

 

Kai moved his gaze and stared at the lost little girl. He continued, “if you ever want to escape, just tell me. I’ll run with you. Then, when you feel it satisfies you enough, we return back.”

This man. “Who… Who are you again?” Hyein asked. All the things, she had been waiting for someone to tell her, now, she was listening to them. For so long she waited, finally, she heard them.

 

Her wings had been tied down and everyone around was just giving her a look. Nobody offered a help. She had scream her lungs out and they were still staring, giving her their needless sympathies. And she cried, at the end.

 

Kai smiled. “My name is Kai.”