Third Dimension

Last Dimension

 

“Amazing.” Kyungsoo’s jaw dropped at the sight of the latest model of The Cardiac-wave Gun. Dark blue was his favorite color which encourage him to touch the killing weapon. “I have never seen this one before,” he said, “Cardiac-wave. Wu’s brilliant invention before you killed him.” He fell down on his knees, not concern about the filthy rooftop floor as he had clearly bewitched.

 

Kai looked up, staring at the bright sky where fluffy clouds were hanging. Good weather with bad fate for Wu’s daughter. His gaze then landed at the ground where all the people seemed like some tiny little ants, searching for foods. He was at the rooftop of the 35th floor building.

Down there, he could see the merry gestures of guests in an anniversary event. Today, he was informed that Wu’s daughter and her husband who was such an important person and one of the most influenced people were going to have their first anniversary. And what made Kai simply laughed at the couple was their stupidity; open area. Both were someone well-known, but they took a risk to hold their meaningful event in an open space.

 

Insecured. Guardless. How foolish.

 

“Set up everything, Dohack,” he ordered and massaged his sore deltoid muscle. Never thought that his little chandelier was going to fall on him and he was in the middle of a terrible fever.

Kyungsoo was snapped out from his daze of the new gun and turned his attention to the younger guy. Pale, that was the best word to describe the youngest assassin right now. “Are you okay, Kai? You shouldn’t force yourself.”

The blurry vision of his was getting worse. He kept seeing things duplicating. “What the hell painkiller you just gave me? It makes me worse than before.”

 

Then, it startled Kyungsoo, making his already big eyes, widened. “Oh, no! The dosage… ” And all of sudden, the prescription played back on his mind. “It… It will cause you... drowsy.”

“Damn it, Kyungsoo!” Kai pulled his hair in frustration. “I have to finish this as soon as possible. Help me to find her.” He stretched his body and went to the gun. He was ready in his position, like a real assassin. A long-distance shot was not a big deal for him.

 

Her face. Her beautiful face, it was impossible for him to erase. To forget.

 

The older became more anxious and he began to find the daughter of the betrayer in the crowd. And finally, he spotted her. “I found her.” Kyungsoo adjusted his binocular and was totally assured. “In white dress, holding a baby.”

Kai scoffed. “Huh.” His smile widened and he looked through the small supervision auto-zoom glass which attach together with the gun as the medium for his target. The glass did its magic, giving him the clearest view of the woman, like he was a step behind her.

 

Through the supervision glass, he was able to see how smooth her silky black hair. He was facing her back and for him, it was just the best position. From afar, he could also see that daughter of Wu was busy consoling her baby who was crying.

Sorry baby. I need to take your mom away. He was about to pull the trigger, when out of the blue, she turned around, making her silky hair danced together, flawlessly. And Kai got that chance to have the better view of her, Wu’s daughter.

 

That lovely feature.

 

 

2015 – THIRD DIMENSION

 

“I missed the target.” His shoulder flattened and the picture of the innocent soul, played back on his mind. How the crowd suddenly turned silent. How the smile faded. And how cruel he was back then. “I shot the wrong person.”

One of the listeners, took the opportunity to pat the heartbroken man’s shoulder, encouraging him. “So, that’s the reason you were sent to here, the Third Dimension?” And he was given a weak nod by Kai. “It’s okay, Kai. You can live as a new person here. Nobody knows you in Third Dimension as long as you don’t reveal your identity.”

Kai looked up, staring at the young man who was consoling him. “Thanks, Kyungsoo. You are always nice.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. “His speciality is only to console people!” Another guy, named, Sehun interrupted and gave a soft punch of Kyungsoo’s arm. “Well, since you’re from the First Dimension, how am I there?” Sehun was eager to know. “Oh, wait!” The youngest grinned evilly. “I would really like to know how was my brother at the First Dimension?”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “It is a secret! You can’t tell people, right Kai?”

Kai smiled. “Yeah, it is. But, I will only tell the two of you. So, it is a secret between us.” He eyed them. “Well, back in the First Dimension, I don’t know you, Sehun because I haven’t meet you in the First Dimension,” he explained, “But Kyungsoo.” He linked his arm around the other man. “You won’t believe me if I told you he is a genius in the First Dimension. He is a code breaker, hacker and a new assassin.”

 

“Rock!” Sehun’s eyes were as round as a saucepan. “No way. He is a chicken in here. All he does is helping mother to do laundry and house chores. While me, I have to work my out to feed the three of us when the oldest one is him!”

The older furrowed. “Are you complaining? I better tell mother about this.”

“Ah!” Sehun growled. “And he reports everything to mother!” And they began to quarrel. The younger was pointing proudly to the older and the older nagged, protesting all the points. This was not right and that wasn’t either. While Kai, he found himself enjoying the immatured argument of the siblings.

 

How the First Dimension was far from this situation. Argument would cause one side to win, and the other to die. Somehow, here, in this Third Dimension, nobody was going to kill nobody.

 

“Guys.” They turned at Kai all at once, blinking their eyes. “Thanks.”

Sehun tilted his head. “For what?”

For teaching me what life really is, he answered. “Nothing.”

“Come inside soon, Kai. Mother is going to bake a pineapple pie,” Kyungsoo said, before heading home with Sehun, still arguing for each other's sake and pride.

 

Kai couldn’t stop smiling. The smell of the pie had already greeted him. When the siblings had lost from his sight, he lay down on the green grass at the backyard, the air around him, freely.

The moment when he was punished came back into his mind.

 

But it was soon, vanished. Like the evening wind in the Third Dimension.